X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• s2c of20%

For about a week now i've been having the same proba as Aquie
    s2c 20% c2s0.1% its up and down from 10-30% and isnt
    getting ne better <talk about suk the fun out>.
    If any of of u have ne suggetions i'd realy appreciate it.
    i'm in australia is there a router prob at the mo?

Okay first , have you been able to get a low ploss before?

Goto the main window of continuum and click on trace (make sure you are tracing TW's server). This will show if it's a router problem. If its further down the list theres nothing you can really do about it. But at the top is your ISP's routers. If theres a problem with one of the top ones it might be more fixable. Call your ISP and talk to them.

There could also be a problem called a bottleneck, too much trafic is try to get from you location to other parts of the world that its slow it's self down. This can happen a lot on isolated continents.

Call your ISP and talk to them about the problem even if it does go away because it could be prevented if this problem occurs again. Outside of SS see if theres a slow down in other games and maybe even in web surfing.

If this is your first time playing TW then you might not have a strong enough connect to play TW.

Edit: there was a problem with one of the Routers on the USA eastern sea board , but I think it has been solved. I am not aware of any major router problems right now.
    Last edited by Kolar; 07-10-2003, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I have had the same problem lately, and it's because of a router 3 hops from the TW server. Nothing I can do except wait for them to do something with it.
      sdg

Comment

thanks

Thanks for the help guyz
        surfing is fine and ive been playing TW for a fair while
        looks like its as kolar said <mayb>
        thanks again for the suggestions

will going to isdn over dial up help the problem??
        hmmmm i'll probably have to go through the same routers tho.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Virtue never tested is no virtue at all.

Comment

Switching Isp would help I think , 56k to North America from your location should be laggy enough as it is without your current problem. But still call your current Isp and find out if there doing some work or if they are having problems.

Comment

Working...
          X