accessing arena made with map editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing arena made with map editor

I recently downloaded SS Map Editor, and started making my own arena for TW, let's say it's called #myarena. I saved it in the correct folder with the other arenas, and then opened Continuum and entered TW. Then I typed ?go #myarena, and it just loaded a pub arena.

What am I doing wrong/What do I need to do?? Do I have to upload the arena in addition to saving it? I tried FTP to ss://server.trenchwars.org but since I don't have a pass, etc., it didn't work.

Also, how can I get/make my own tilesets so I can have my own? The default tileset, for one thing, doesn't have alphabet which would be nice.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by FileX; 07-11-2003, 02:48 AM.

Map Dev.

You can't upload your map to tw. 2dragons is incharge of tw development. I would suggest you talk to him about your map (if its that good) Trust me it has to be really good to be put up on tw. They are currently full so you should wait a bit. But keep working on your maps.
    *You probably could get your map up in another zone. (new zone)

If you want to upload a new tile set. Go to file then Import TileSet.
    I suggest you browse in your Continuum folder (it will show you the tileset in the lower box)

If you would like to make your own tileset. Click Here
    (Download a Tile editor)

Btw: Every arena you enter you get there tileset put in your "Zones" folder. Search in that (with Import TileSet) to find different Tile Sets.

Tile Editing/ Map Making does take allot of time to do and get good at.

~`Ice
    Last edited by IceStorm; 07-11-2003, 07:41 AM.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Re: Map Dev.

Originally posted by Ice Storm03

If you would like to make your own tileset. Click Here
      (Download a Tile editor)

~`Ice

Which one do I download?

Anyway, I only want to make a sorta squad training arena like others have done, not really a pub arena.
      Last edited by FileX; 07-11-2003, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Download the tile editor at the bottom of this list, Tileset editor (537 KB)
        For editing tilesets.

http://www.trenchwars.org/Trench/ind...ion=Downloads&

In SSME you have to import the output tile file to the map editor before you can use it. When you save the map to a file it might defult to that tile set , if not you will have to set it every time you edit your map.

Arilou Lalee'Lay, is a System op in Trench Wars that puts up maps and arena settings. Talk to him and maybe he will put it up. Before you do this you should test it some how. In .35 SS there was a off line arena where you could play in by your self. What you could do there also was replace the map by renaming it to the map it looks for. Now we have Cont. .38 and I'm not sure if you can still do that. You might want to set up your own server to do tests but its much easier or find a testing arena that will give you Sysop powers.

Heres another web site for just about everything SS, a lot of Faq and how to's

http://www.shanky.com/server/

Have FUn

Comment

It's easy to set up the Shanky Server. I did it myself about a year ago when I wanted to test out my twtown house.
          sdg

Comment

I think FileX means he wants to make a PRIVATE ARENA MAP for OUR SQUAD for practicing..etc..

I don't think that is a problem to upload, since so many other squads have their own custom private practice arenas for twdd or twl.

Yes, I have chatted with Arilou online, about like 2 months ago...and he told me it has to be good (well balanced) or unique
            if you wana put up a public arena map. That makes sense, since lots of people would put up tons of silly maps and it would just waste space..etc

Its funny, there is a pile of private squad practice arenas where the squads don't exist. For now, we know of one and use it....but we would like to make our own soon.

Comment

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahah ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhah ahah.

Comment

Working...
              X