Just some lame Ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some lame Ideas.

Well, i was thinking about the duel arena and twel lately. I think it's nothing like what it should be. I've been dissapointed lately about it becuase everytime i play only newbs with no kills/deaths challenge me and everyone with a high ratio won't play. it's just so lame that everyone takes rec so serously.

I think we need to add some spice to this to get poeple more interested in playing over rec. I really am not sure how to acomplish this, but i hope everyone can post ideas on how to make twel more enjoyabe to play, rather then be worried about rec and all.

I don't like all this talk about elites dueling newbs. the problem is that all the elites won't duel the newbs becuase they risk to much, and they won't duel the elites becuase there afraid of loosing! so no one even plays duel much at all anymore. Theres gota be a way to reward players just for playing and having fun.

I loved dueling 1v1 in the old days in private arena's where you could just ask someone who plays your ship and go duel and not care about rec, just learning and doing what you do best. playing a game.

Ok. idea's.. let's see. How about we make a rule where players should be active and for every day of inactivity they loose 5 points off there rating. That might seem like a lot but it'll make it a little more interesting. and the top players won't just stop playing after they get a high rank. i know a lot won't like this, but maybe we can add a benifit to this. say when the days you can play you play 10 games in a day. use a formula to devide the games played by day's since you started playing that season. if it's positive leave the rating alone. if it's negative then take away so many points for each day missed, then days played. i don't know you could even add soemthing else to the formula.

Hmmm.... How about we allow resets but with a drawback. Like for example. if you want a reset becuase you really just plain sucking before and now you decided that you want to try and play more often and get a good rank but your afraid your never going to get your rating cought back up. after a reset we should not add a drawback of not being able to play becuase that'll only lessen the poeple in duel. but how about a rating decrease. instead of starting with 1000. you start with 1200. of course first time usage would start at 1000. Just an idea.

Im just writing all this off the top of my head. but i figured i had to write something becuase i just don't want to see twel suffer becuase of everyone worried about rank. could some poeple add ideas to encourage gameplay? Thanks...

That's SO TRUE. I use to play twel everyday.. I was so excited. Now i go in and no one wants to play against me.. or anyone else. I also remember those days when we would go to priv arenas. The other night i was thinking of how we use to go to priv arenas a squad duel.. Maybe we could have 2v2 in twel. But that is getting off the topic. I think your idea zen of taking points off peoples ratings is a good idea.. Is there a chat out there for twel? Because twel is starting to turn into a ?go duel arena its pathetic .. there use to be 20+ in there . I went in there today and i saw 3 people. My .1 cent is that i think there should be something done to make twel more exciting.. Put its unf back into it..

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

why don't you just go to a priv areana like you said....now... i don't get it. lol, it wasnt as if there was a large amount of people in ?go duel before TWEL. and if people were there, they were in center doing a FFA. if you wanna "freidnly duel" someone, take em to a priv room still. stop whining and think about it.
      www.10100.org

Comment

I'd definetly love to see a 2v2 dueling league. Everyone can pick ONE partner for each league. 2v2 would be sooooooooooo fun
        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

I'm not whining about recs or stats or anything, learn to read. I'm just saying that there hardly anyone in ?go duel that actually duels! everyone says they can't duel me becuase of certain reasons for effecting there stats. I'm trying to say do something to encourage poeple to play more, not make it more friendly, geeze learn to read please before you post. God i hate idiots who just post for the heck of it.

Comment

the 2 vs 2 sounds kewl..... i see it as a lot of work to get it up and running smoothly though. i cant imagine how it wud work.... maybe like squad system works? and one signs up to the bot a team name with a password and then he tells his friend the password and then that team is locked and unchangeable.
            no more than 2 though because then its just twd but in a smaller square.
            what i would like to see is lancaster duel, its what im best in and then i wud never be scared to duel anyone.... because in warbird i like to think im good thats why i dont like to duel really well known good players... to keep a nice record. but truthfully im not.... thats my reason for being scared to duel many people.
            if lanc duel came along i wudnt even bother with warbird.
            BIG UP LANCASTERS!
            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Commendable to hear your truthful comment, Ardour. Not many can do the same.
              Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
              1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
              2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
              Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
              Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Friendly?

Maybe if there was an option to duel someone that was worth 0 points (i.e. a friendly), and therefore didnt affect your record more of the people with good recs would duel newbs, and peole who have just joined the league. Just a suggestion :P

Comment

Re: Just some lame Ideas.

Originally posted by Zengrath
                  Well, i was thinking about the duel arena and twel lately. I think it's nothing like what it should be. I've been dissapointed lately about it becuase everytime i play only newbs with no kills/deaths challenge me and everyone with a high ratio won't play. it's just so lame that everyone takes rec so serously.

I think we need to add some spice to this to get poeple more interested in playing over rec. I really am not sure how to acomplish this, but i hope everyone can post ideas on how to make twel more enjoyabe to play, rather then be worried about rec and all.

I don't like all this talk about elites dueling newbs. the problem is that all the elites won't duel the newbs becuase they risk to much, and they won't duel the elites becuase there afraid of loosing! so no one even plays duel much at all anymore. Theres gota be a way to reward players just for playing and having fun.

I loved dueling 1v1 in the old days in private arena's where you could just ask someone who plays your ship and go duel and not care about rec, just learning and doing what you do best. playing a game.

Ok. idea's.. let's see. How about we make a rule where players should be active and for every day of inactivity they loose 5 points off there rating. That might seem like a lot but it'll make it a little more interesting. and the top players won't just stop playing after they get a high rank. i know a lot won't like this, but maybe we can add a benifit to this. say when the days you can play you play 10 games in a day. use a formula to devide the games played by day's since you started playing that season. if it's positive leave the rating alone. if it's negative then take away so many points for each day missed, then days played. i don't know you could even add soemthing else to the formula.

Hmmm.... How about we allow resets but with a drawback. Like for example. if you want a reset becuase you really just plain sucking before and now you decided that you want to try and play more often and get a good rank but your afraid your never going to get your rating cought back up. after a reset we should not add a drawback of not being able to play becuase that'll only lessen the poeple in duel. but how about a rating decrease. instead of starting with 1000. you start with 1200. of course first time usage would start at 1000. Just an idea.

Im just writing all this off the top of my head. but i figured i had to write something becuase i just don't want to see twel suffer becuase of everyone worried about rank. could some poeple add ideas to encourage gameplay? Thanks...
                  It's so long and it looks so intelligent i didnt read it and the fact that i 3> zen, man.. that's so true

Comment

2v2 Spiders $$
                    MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

I like the idea of friendly duels, will add it in. 2v2 will have to wait. And I'll be considering doing something to remove inactive players or a loss of rating pts.
                      TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                      TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                      TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Don't know if any one will agree with me on this but I think that warping should be mandatory. There are too many people who try to spawn when this rule is off.
                        Warpath

Comment

yup.. i always get spawned

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't mind having warp as a mandatory.
                            Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                            1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                            2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                            Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                            Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

why make it mandatory? if you dont want to play non-warp matches then dont play em and re-challenge the person with the rules you want. when im playing ppl i trust i like playing non-warp because it saves the hassle of having to find the guy after every death.
                              There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Working...
                              X