Attracting more pilots to twdd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attracting more pilots to twdd?

Anyone have any idea how we can attract more pilots to twdd?

Since the deletion of inactive squads, twd looks rather bare now..heh.. especially in twbd... and in twdd there is only like 55 squads now.

I just have this feeling that twdd is declining, or has it always been like this.

Perhaps the TWD staff should attempt to attract more people into the twd world, so we get an influx of good new players. That way there is potential for more hot competition.

Most new players don't even know it exists...

Only thing I can think of is to advertise on Trench Wars main website....

something like this:

Interesting in hot team dueling action? Click here to learn how to participate in TWD (Trench Wars Divisions)... then have a little doc explaining the basics.. and a link to the TWD website.
    Have info on how to start squads or how to join squads.

Then periodically in public arenas, send a green announce message, check out TWD..etc..

Something like this might just attract more pilots, I don't see anything like this now.

I know some the veterns might be scratching their heads, oh great an influx of newberts... but hey, they newberts eventually turn into good twdd pilots.

Just thought about this today, since twd seems sort of dead as of lately. The TWD Bot sync problem and SQUAD ladder list looks really bare; which sort of is a downer to me.

give them a salary
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Re: Attracting more pilots to twdd?

Originally posted by WiseCherub
      Anyone have any idea how we can attract more pilots to twdd?
      Maybe if more players in publics could start their own squads. We would have more twd action. But i think right now it is fine.
      I just have this feeling that twdd is declining, or has it always been like this.
      It is was very active a couple months ago. It just got a little less active. Squads dissolve and other shit happens. It will be back don't get your panties in a bunch.
      Perhaps the TWD staff should attempt to attract more people into the twd world, so we get an influx of good new players. That way there is potential for more hot competition.
      -Most new players don't even know it exists...
      I don't see how they would attempt to do that. But i have started a squad called "Melt". I recruit most of my players from publics. I recruit players that have not playing in twd so they could get active with it and have some experience. I also go to twd arena and help people sign up. So they do not get confused with it and quit trying.

And you are wrong all new players know about twd. I have asked many people who are new. They know exactly what twd is. The only thing is there aren't as many squads like mine out there.
      Twd is doing fine with advertisment. Anyone could go to www.trenchwars.org and find easy access information on it.
      And it is not hard for new people to start your own squad.
      <3 Ice
      Last edited by IceStorm; 07-18-2003, 09:32 AM.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

First, I'd like to say that 55 squads is not a small amount.

Second, I think he's right in saying TWD could use some advertisement. Just a zoner now in then so that people who are new can find out about it.

Comment

Should be added to the F1 menu and let those who gave a damn to read it know.

Comment

ONLY 55 squads? OMGZ! Back in the day of TWT I think they're were what, 30 squads in dueling, maybe 20 in base. Buddy, Trench has never been bigger, sometime next season someone will worry about only having 70 squads in twdd, you'll be fine.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

it wud help if the website worked..

Comment

Originally posted by PhaTz
                Should be added to the F1 menu and let those who gave a damn to read it know.
                Yeah, this is much better than a zoner.

Comment

New People

People will come.. don't worry
                  dong burger

Comment

Also, once TWL finishes, there will be more TWD games (and TWL teams will be back on the ladder)

Comment

Working...
                    X