Weird Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Noises

I don't know if it's a backround program or not (I've closed everything I could close in task manager however and it doesn't help), but every ONCE in a while... maybe even as little as once a week, there's a little mooing noise, I must say, it's pretty funny, but it also disturbs me as I have no idea why it happens. Anyone know what this might be?

Also... is there a lil *beep* sound that occurs when you try and get into an elim that's already full (I've only gotten it twice, and I can only get it when I FIRST try and get in). Just curious.

Probably silly spyware. Try running adware and norton. If you run XP, You can always hit ctrl alt del and end try to end all the processes - dont worry if its needed by windows u wont be able to turn it off.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
      Probably silly spyware. Try running adware and norton. If you run XP, You can always hit ctrl alt del and end try to end all the processes - dont worry if its needed by windows u wont be able to turn it off.
      Sorry to be picky, But he allready said he tryed task manager. When you use "ctrl alt del" on xp you make task manager come up.
      Just Joking around But maybe you left aol instant messenger on $$

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
      ---
      5:waven> freeze
      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
      5:Freeze> LOL
      5:waven> that's how things work around here
      --
      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

hit ctrl alt del. click processes tab. gg kid go learn how to use a computer.
        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
        TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
          hit ctrl alt del. click processes tab. gg kid go learn how to use a computer.
          ah i didn't read threw your post Bioture. Your exactly right. I just got a new xp so im not up to date with all of it .. but im getting there...

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
          ---
          5:waven> freeze
          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
          5:Freeze> LOL
          5:waven> that's how things work around here
          --
          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I think it might be what Bioture said, some spyware on your computer. Run adaware , its at download.com. You can Clt alt delete it which will stop all processes, its normally easy to find processes not meant to be there. You can also edit the system configurations startup, goto start, run and type msconfig. Goto the end (startup tab) and deslect all the programs you don't want to run when rebooting.

You should also do a virus check, Norton is the best but if you don't have it use Trench Micro House Call's free virus scanner. If it is a virus some will load up into memory no matter what you do to the system configuratings window.

But it could also be just your heat sink's fan hitting the side. The heat sink on my new Cleron system it makes a hell of a lot of noise. It could be a faulty heat sink , or there might be too much dust in your case. Lose cables could also be hitting the fan causing a noise.

If your getting a really loud beeping noise , I get that sometimes when some keys on my keyboard stick down.

Edit: Ice Storm its also a good idea if your going to pick apart other people's posts that you have some credibility, higher intelligence or the ability to fool people into thinking your all the above.
            Last edited by Kolar; 07-21-2003, 02:14 AM.

Comment

there's a little mooing
              Silly question, but have you ACTUALLY taken the side off your case, to check to make sure that there isnt a poor trapped cow inside.

It may sound ridiculous, but its happened to me, at first its a shock, but after a few hours you start to come to terms with it, and appreciate the funny side of it.

If it isnt a trapped cow, then it does sound like spy/adware

www.lavasoft.com and http://spybot.eon.net.au/ and http://www.pestpatrol.com/

You would do better running those before you do a virus scan.

Download "Stinger", a little program made by McAfee that wil detect and remove all the W32. virus/worms (and it dosnt need to be run in safe mode) YAY!

-aphix
              help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

Re: Weird Noises

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                (I've closed everything I could close in task manager however and it doesn't help
                I thought I got that point across.... I forgot to add that I do an adaware check every month or less. The mooing HAS stopped since I took the cow out of my case... thanks Aphix

Comment

You are hallucinating

Comment

Paul, take a side off your case and try and pinpoint the source of the sound. The "mooing" sounds like either a dying fan of some sort (CPU, video card, case, etc) to me. Any of those can be replaced pretty easily.

This "mooing" is coming from the computer itself, right, and not the speakers?
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

I had my m8 look at it and it was the hardrive that was touching something... i guess it usually makes a much louder sound, but he told me it was barely touching this "thing", which made a little sound that even to him sounded like a cow mooing

So yes it's fixed now and I don't hear my computer mooing anymore!

Comment

Working...
                      X