Hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacked

Story: I was lagging pretty badly. Ploss was well above 1.1% and I'm in the ?go elim arena. I got bored of WBs so I went to ?go baseelim instead because I knew there was a new game of javs coming up. Just before the whole arena loaded, I get two lines of 10s. Just 10s. Nothing else:

Then the arena loaded where I then see everybody voting 10:

Robo_Ref> Welcome to elim. We are playing Javelin elim in base to 10; 3 players left. Send !help for info
    blahbla> 10
    blahbla> 10

At this sight, I am surprised and I take a snapshot of it. Eager to show my squaddies what I saw, I ONLY edit it to put a circle around the two 10s to make it more noticeable. I then proceeded to have it uploaded to my website. Before I click the upload button, my continuum chat window freezes in the middle of me typing a word which always, always, always happen at the most unexpected times. I hurried in reloading the continuum window. But before I hit enter, I wanted to upload the snapshot I had earlier to get things running faster. So I hit the 'upload' button on my website filemanager page, blurred that window, focused on the continuum window, and hit 'enter zone'. As it took up my whole screen, i felt a little lag and a bit of skipping. Once it loaded, I was in pub to see the first two messages saying...:

File received: = [(some random characters & symbols)]
    File received: = [(some random characters & symbols)]

Not once, but twice again. Hmm. Thinking to myself, "WTF IS THIS?1",I snapshot it then I alt-esc'd into the chat window and into Windows. WTF I ask... WTF?!

- First Snapshot
    - Second Snapshot

Could it be lag? Could it be some bug in continuum that aloud outside applications manipulate the game for a split second? I have yet to replicate the event. The mysteries continue in continuum .37. [Play x-files music now]
    Last edited by MaGi kOz; 07-29-2002, 02:12 AM.

The same thing happened to me yesterday while trying to enter an elim. I was tasked out when I typed ?go elim, but restored into full screen mode as I was switching arenas. When I entered elim I got no visual graphics except 4 lines of chat that had no names attached to it (much like Magi's 10s). Had to close and restart cont, and you know what? I MISSED THAT DAMN ELIM!

This hadn't happened to me before, so it did pique my curiosity, but was forgotten until this post. I didn't get anything as cryptic as 'File Received', but it was certainly odd. I would think it had something to do with the lag yesterday. I normally ping at around 150-180 but all weekend my pings were 600+.
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

I got some file received message a couple months ago too.

Also, I think a couple months ago too, I would see public messages without people's names, just the text. Dunno if I was lagging.
      Last edited by Ilya; 07-29-2002, 11:52 AM.
      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Something similar happened to me 2-3 years ago, just got a bunch of ascii garbage on my screen and got d/ced. That was on 1.35, though...
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

thas fax0rd only thing that happens to me is going to elim and being booted everyti e i'm in a ship. nothing to thes affect tho.
          ataris/justin/altitude

Comment

Hmm..

Just out of curiosity..

for the first pic, what's with the messed up part at the bottom between

Rectify> get on ur alias
            and
            1:MAGI KOZ> OMFG

looks like some editing of some sort.. ?

also why isn't the winner announced this elim... it clearly shows a state at the upper half where elim is in progress and at the bottom where it has begun a new one but no end to the elim is called.

i'm not insinuating anything just you said the circle was the only editing and that doesn't appear to be true, wondering why.
            i'm bored

Comment

Re: Hmm..

Originally posted by eRad
              Just out of curiosity..

Rectify> get on ur alias
              and

also why isn't the winner announced this elim... it clearly shows a state at the upper half where elim is in progress and at the bottom where it has begun a new one but no end to the elim is called.

i'm not insinuating anything just you said the circle was the only editing and that doesn't appear to be true, wondering why.
              The edited bit might have been ?chat

Also he did say he switched arens for a new baseleim, thats why there is no winner

Comment

whats with the glowing ships? thats kinda cool...gee, i am an old fogie!

Comment

Re: Hmm..

Just out of curiosity..

Rectify> get on ur alias
                  and

That's a piece of somebody's nick when it gets cut off from hitting ESC to see the rest of the chat. Experiment. =)

I made a mistake, i switched FROM the middle of a baseelim game TO ?go elim because someone told me to go there because a new ELIM game was being voted upon. Not the other way around, my mistake in the first post.

And I can assure you erad, the only edited part you see of that snapshot is the painted circle so you can see what i'm talking about. =)

Comment

Originally posted by skater
                    whats with the glowing ships? thats kinda cool...gee, i am an old fogie!
                    Radiation Ship Set. Go Download it somewhere. =p

Comment

the missing names - packets lost/misfigured
                      files recieved - prolly just a tmp file that ctm creates.. search your pc for files that were created/modified during that time... look in your registry... the file recieved is usually seen when you type ..?get news or you alter settings.. i can guess that what you recieved was a temp settings file which is saved somewhere and hidden in the temp folder and continuum noticed it and displayed it.. nothing to be worried about <yes settings are saved and done on your pc> thats why there is hacks and cheats to change bullet damage.. give the spider blue bullets.. etc
                      -Have a nice day
                      MJay
                      When I press this switch Im going to wake up and a hot pretty lady be looking at me. Hopefully she will be a hot latino babe named Rosa.. [CLICK] SHIT! it dint werk, lemme hit the switch again... [CLICK] ..Fuck ..[CLICK] ..PoS [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] [CLICK] .. Oh well I guess ill go to bed

Comment

Images dont work for me.
                        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                        cool koen> :)
                        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                        cool koen> not because of a bug
                        EvoLd> Lol
                        Treachery> meh
                        EvoLd> why then?
                        PubAceR> women in power dont last
                        EvoLd> LOl
                        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Re: Hacked

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                          Story: I was lagging pretty badly. Ploss was well above 1.1% and I'm in the ?go elim arena. I got bored of WBs so I went to ?go baseelim instead because I knew there was a new game of javs coming up. Just before the whole arena loaded, I get two lines of 10s. Just 10s. Nothing else:

i dont know but i had that too it was 1 week ago, i restarted continuum, but i didnt get that file received
                          Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

Working...
                          X