Until there are playoffs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Until there are playoffs....

twel has no validity for determining the top duelers. playoffs would not be hard to set up, would give real credibility to the title of #1 dueler, and would prevent players from winning TWEL by avoiding tough duels. not to mention it would be really entertaining to watch the top players duel. just do it, its a necessity if TWEL is ever going to be anything other than an afterthought.

also i totally agree with zengraths comment on the other thread...something must be done to punish people's ratings who do not duel for extended periods of time.

-ad
    Last edited by Escalate; 08-01-2003, 01:41 PM.
    There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Agreed John. Primal worked his turtling technique pretty well - duels up to a relatively high amount of points, at least 50 or so above his opponent, then retires and never plans on dueling again until someone crawls up to his position through god knows whatever means; and even when confronted for a duel he refuses to duel, saying 'nah i don't feel like dueling you cuz you lag' get over it man, if you're in first place you're entitled to defending it from your opposition. Saying 'w/e its not fun to play against a lagger' is like saying 'w/e its not fun to play someone who owns me because i'll lose' well sure it's not fun, but this is competition...if you want fun then go someplace where you dont stake or risk anything.
    Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
    1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
    2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
    Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
    Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

Same here, playoffs would be nice, although I'd get owned in them
      - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius
        well sure it's not fun, but this is competition...if you want fun then go someplace where you dont stake or risk anything.
        If you play TWEL for anything else than fun, you really take this shit too seriously. I had some awesome duels against Primal although I lost almost all of them. Good job there, keep it up, you deserve to be #2 (or even #1). Others were just annoying me even if I won. This is also a question of matching style, if one is a decent rusher and the other can't handle it and normally trusts in his aim, he will end up 0-10 although both have equal skills versus other players.
        If this is a free competition, why not only choose the players you will have exciting duels with? This doesn't mean you will avoid tough duels, but annoying ones (jee, lagged bullets really suck). If you got what it takes you won't stick to dueling easy players anyway because it's just boring to have 200 'newb' matches.

For anything else (the competitors needs) there will hopefully be playoffs in the next season. O, and I don't think you're in the right position to talk about 'techniques' to climb up in the rankings anyway, sirius But don't get me wrong, I respect your skills and wish u and all others gl for the next season.
        Last edited by Schnares; 08-03-2003, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Schnares, don't make this thread stagnant with your empty babbling about fun or ladder climbing techniques. I've had first place 2/3rds of this season, and when someone tries to get above me during the last 2 weeks with some turtling technique, I'll just have to duel more top players more frequently to compensate for that. If there's 20 people in the arena, and 1 of them is in the top 50, and the rest are way over 300's, who do you think I'll keep dueling so long as they accept or challenge? I'm sure even you can figure that one out.

As for 'fun', when someone tries to secure a spot, whether in Twel or anywhere else, it's common sense that when they fail it's not fun. Fighting tough opponents, lagged or not, will only be 'fun' perhaps, if you actually win. And whether you win or not is a 50-50 chance if your opponent is indeed a tough one.

I take it you're not a very competitive lad, (here or elsewhere), but jumping on the 'IF YA PALY FFOR NETHIGN BUTT FUN YOO TAEK DIS WAAAY 2 SIREOUSLY' bandwagon just because you don't have the ambition or commitment to achieve something isn't going to condemn the competition, or relieve you of those shortcomings. I suggest a different approach.
          Last edited by Sirius; 08-04-2003, 02:00 PM.
          Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
          1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
          2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
          Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
          Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

I should have time to setup a playoff system for season 2. Hopefully I can include the top 128 players or so in each league in a double elimination bracket or something.
            TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
            TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
            TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

wow top 128? that would be cool but logistically could end up a nightmare. i think just snagging the top 16 or 32 at most and doing a straight single elimination: 1v32, 2v31, etc... would work fine.
              im looking forward to it though, whatever you decide on.

Comment

128 ends faster than you think. Reconsider how long it takes to finish a 1v1 duel.
                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                Failure teaches success.

Comment

im just thinking of how much a pain in the ass it would be if you are player #1 to have to find player #128 and get a duel with him. thered be a shitload of forfeits. it would just be a big mess until you got down to 16 or so players anyways.

Comment

keep in mind it'd be an automated system.

that is 8 rounds, each round lasts 3 days, 24 days to complete tournament, totally automated, forfiets are fine, players just get freebies
                    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by Escalate
                      im just thinking of how much a pain in the ass it would be if you are player #1 to have to find player #128 and get a duel with him. thered be a shitload of forfeits. it would just be a big mess until you got down to 16 or so players anyways.
                      Think about how the games for twl are designed. It can be used in the same format. Player 1 or Player 128 could post a time, and the two negotiate a time. If a concensus is not reached, then there should be a default time for them to play. At the time, the players have 10 mins, lets say, to !sign in or something, and if the other doesn't show, its a forfeit.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.

Comment

i guess if its doable then itd be great.

Comment

Working...
                        X