TWD MATCH QUEUE idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD MATCH QUEUE idea

The idea I have might make life easier for all us Squad captains looking for twdd/jd/bd matches.

What is a QUEUE??

Think of a stack of plates... whoever puts their plate first gets the food first... in our case... a match..heh

Read about STACKS or DOUBLY LINK LISTS.... if you are a programmer you'll know what I'm talking about.

I have never programmed any bots, but heard they use JAVA... I know JAVA is very similar to C++... and you could create a complex data structure such as a LINK LIST or QUEUE.

***The problem:

Currently there is only 4 twdd arenas and during prime time, it is sometimes hard to get a match.. so congested... and also looking for other squads to duel. Its a very time consuming
    process to private message other squad people...looking for a match..etc..

Typical squad looker text..

"wana twdd?" "wana twjd?"

response.. "not not enuff" "no we are too chicken to play you"

Like some of us have to go from arena to arena looking for possible squads to duel. I'm a very lazy guy and don't like doing this often... usually a kind squad mate does this for me, thank god..heh..

***The design solution:

Here is my idea...

Have a TWD MATCH QUEUE.

Modify the current TWD bot to have this addition.

If a squad captain knows he/she has 4+ squad mates online and they really wana twdd...

They goto TWDBOT.. put a match request... in the queue...

:TWDBot0:!requestmatch

The Bot then parses the name of squad captain... and checks if they are legit.

The TWDBot0 create's a match request NODE data structure and links to the MASTER MATCH REQUEST LINK LIST...

Ok, possible abuse could occur.. some a-hole could request endless... but do a check.. if their node is on the link list and so they can only have 1 on at the moment. So they can't crash the server..etc..

Have something like...

SQUADNAME : WHENTHEYCANPLAY : RANKPREFERENCETOPLAY : SquadOfficername

They can also take their request off the list, if they don't have enough players online at the moment.

Then another squad looking for a match, just goes to this TWDBOT and issues

!matchlist command... and out comes a list of squads wanting to twdd at that timeframe....

:TWDBot0:!matchlist

xyzsquad : 7pm to 9pm EST : newbertlevel : xyzcap
    elitesquad : 7pm to 9pm EST : elitelevel : elitecap
    thenewberts : 7pm to 9pm EST : newbertlevel : newbcap

xyzsquad captain could say.. look "thenewberts" wana play now, ok lets chat...lol

Then a captain could determine who they wana twdd with... and issue a challenge.

Once the challenge is issued, then have a MATCH WAITING QUEUE... all done on whoever issue challenge first basis...

Then when a TWDD arena is free, it will automatically alert the squad's officer who wanted to duel...
    but maybe also do a check if they still have enough online pilots.

Perhaps additional things could be done.... like create a PRIVATE TWDD MATCH ARENA or have TWDD MATCH BOXes..like in DUEL arena.

Currently, I have chatted with others about this... It is quite a TASK looking for a squad to duel with, or waiting 1 hour in a twdd arena for a match.... during primetime it is tough and during off-peak hours not many squads are on completely.

Hopefully, you have an idea of what I'm trying to get across and might consider adding this in the future.

***Conclusion:

If a change like this was made, I believe more twdd matches would be played and it would possibly attract more people into twdd gameplay.

Currently, I and many others are deeply frustrated with the way things are now. Some of us don't have patience and maybe if we are lucky get a twdd match in a night.

***Current Problems:

I know this isn't the best time to throw TWD automated management tool ideas around... especially when they already have problems with TWDbot to TWD website link problems. I just thought of this idea and wanted to type it out before I forgot about it. Perhaps, it may get implement.... for now its just a wishlist and wishes take time to implement.

Thanks for listening...

Excellent Idea!!
    I second that!

Comment

Long Story Short:

for those of you who do not wanna read all that, and if you play Warcraft 3. If you click to play a game it will find another player close to your skill level and start your match between you 2.

Thats what hes looking for so it'll autocreate a TWD match between 2 squads.

But, up there is a nicely done showing of how it would work.
      DELETED

Comment

Wow great idea. I was thinking of something like that but you really topped it off.. Hopefully that goes threw

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
        ---
        5:waven> freeze
        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
        5:Freeze> LOL
        5:waven> that's how things work around here
        --
        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Yes, I know my bloody messages are bloody long..heh... sorry... I just wanted to be very detailed to show it might just be possible to do. I apologize for being so long.... glad you guys replied and wrote a 1 line gist to what I was saying.

I emailed KJW, and he told me he would redirect it to the right people/staff.

Whether it gets done or not, remains to be seen. It won't happen over night, but hopefully a few months down the road. I know the staff donate their free time and have other priorities.

But I just like to dream and hope....

Thanks to all you who feel the same way I do....

Comment

Sounds cool..
            -Truedge

Comment

oh... actually myth has an idea that will make it so that you wont even need to queue up for matches... its scheduled to be implemented for season 2 :P

Comment

myth is soo clever, but he does smell funny
                Fat people are really hard to kidnapp.
                Shock.p3 Media Player

Comment

Working...
                X