<ER> posts IP address/ID# in pub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <ER> posts IP address/ID# in pub

I got accused of cheating today by Kingz. He said that TWBot reported me firing L1 bullets in a shark. Now I don't know how this happened but I do not cheat and never have. I thought it was all in jest, and thought it funny until he posted ID# and IP address on spec freq that had at least 10 others on it. (no I'm not kidding, people came to watch me get banned I guess)

Can they do this and get away with it?

It's been suggested that I report him to Poid or someone but maybe posting here is the best thing to do because I don't figure he'll be stripped of his powers or anything..

my email is ggage0@yahoo.com and if anyone's interested in my chat log it's on public forum at http://www.geocities.com/trenchlinks (Floydians website)

I wanted to put log here but figured that would make this post really long..

All replies welcome, my comp works bad enough without people giving out my IP to anyone interested

- Gabraham
    And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Thx for letting us know I'll look into the situation. For future references you can email me at mrspam@trenchwars.org

-Spam
    Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Kingz bad move. You shouldve talked to him through pms, not in pub chat so everyone can hear you act all authority.

Comment

Well, let's get some more information first. Don't forget that one of the ways to use private messages is to type / beside the ticked name while // gives you teamchat. It may have just been a slip of the finger. Gabraham, can you give more information about what he said as he typed your data, because it could have been an honest (though grievous) mistake. It might also help if you described how he handled himself after giving away your info.

Comment

At no time did he ever talk to me in private.. So I figured he was messing with me, the whole time joking back and forth. My log is posted on Floydians public forum, the direct link is http://pub11.ezboard.com/ffloydians1...opicID=9.topic
          And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
          Racing around to come up behind you again
          The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
          Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Comment

T KiNgZ > I can ban you right now.

Misuse of power...

T Gabraham> no i'll tell you i havent ever dont "it"
            T KiNgZ > You did it.

Now he accuses of things...

T KiNgZ > Our Technology here, can tell us where you live.

T KiNgZ > 5:Robo Ref> Illegal Shark weapon: L1 bullet (Gabraham)(EDIT)(EDIT)(sec=4840)

T KiNgZ > Me?
            T KiNgZ > Stfu?
            T KiNgZ > Are you kidding me?

T KiNgZ > Mod's are too smart for these lies.

That was funny.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Dont Mods take care of baning people. I thought thats the way it always works then again is Kingz a ER or Mod?

Comment

Like I said.. I will take care of the situation. He was not purposly doing anything wrong.. just less experienced in staff then others.

-Spam
                Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                  KiNgZ > 5:Robo Ref> Illegal Shark weapon: L1 bullet (Gabraham)(EDIT)(EDIT)(sec=4840)
                  I saw this message too. I just thought it was a bug.
                  gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                  gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                  gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Yeah, it is a bug. I believe it has to do with when yer switching arenas or changing ships or something. Happens SO often on modchat that I'd THINK Kingz would've gotten the point by now. :]
                    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Newbie staffers smell like baby powder. :Þ
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

ummmmm

Gab since this entire thing started out by kingz posting your ip. . . . . which is a very bad thing after all. . . . wouldnt you want to remove your ip out of the log then? . . . . . . just a suggestion
                        Season 8 TWLJ + TWBL Champ.:P

Comment

i READ the WHOLE STORY and still dont understand it :/
                          Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

You dont have to understand it because you dont matter in thi s event, u r no1

Comment

Hmm, whenever Robo Ref gives a "Sysop warning" like that on the mod chat its always lag, the player could have been in another arena where in this case a shark was equipped with an L1 bullet and the lag did not cause the settings to change upon entering the new arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X