PDA

View Full Version : Angel <ER>



MetalSerpent
08-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Angel <ER> should get axed from staff. he/she starting to be so annoying. for example:
in Javtourny player named Wash Basin got owned by Tera
Then DEAs opponent had to go, so he/she puts wash in.
(wash has been already out)
and wash askes Angel to sub wash for me.
angel says no hes spamming me i wont let you sub.
and all that i told to angel was that i though he/she is unfair because he/she lets wash basin to play again.
and is that spamming? i dont get it all. well give me ur opions and thoughts from this. thank you

Bosshawk
08-09-2003, 11:46 AM
angel has been a piss poor example of staff for ages....

but thats what happens when staff is a suck up contest, not people who are committed to helping the zone

between staff members who are racist, abuse powers ect lol its too funny some days

"As the Pub Turns" day by day soap operas

Downdraft
08-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Bosshawk
angel has been a piss poor example of staff for ages....

but thats what happens when staff is a suck up contest, not people who are committed to helping the zone

between staff members who are racist, abuse powers ect lol its too funny some days

"As the Pub Turns" day by day soap operas

perfect. gg

Cig Smoke
08-09-2003, 01:46 PM
i think that if angel <ER> wants to host jav tourny that way she can host it that way...u gotta remember angel is the host and DOESNT havta host it...everyone had an equal opertunity to get in at the begining..after that its up to angel...although i do disagree w/ what did happen (my opinion) but angel want it that way...also i dont think it'd be an axable offence for that

Dim
08-09-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by MetalSerpent
Angel <ER> should get axed from staff. he/she starting to be so annoying. for example:
in Javtourny player named Wash Basin got owned by Tera
Then DEAs opponent had to go, so he/she puts wash in.
(wash has been already out)
and wash askes Angel to sub wash for me.
angel says no hes spamming me i wont let you sub.
and all that i told to angel was that i though he/she is unfair because he/she lets wash basin to play again.
and is that spamming? i dont get it all. well give me ur opions and thoughts from this. thank you


he/She? Name is Angel? Guess :) It's a girl.

And complaints@trenchwars.org

Kolar
08-09-2003, 02:52 PM
Theres people on staff who shouldn't be and theres people who didn't deserve it. I think we all agree on that but posting it here isn't going to do accomplish anything. All it's going to do is make people think they have to defend them selves or their friends causing a flame thread which makes more work for forum staff. Email the address Dimboy gave you, and make sure it's something worth the Deans bothering with.

Copy!?!
08-09-2003, 02:57 PM
I like Angel <ER> and her hosted events. Metal why didnt you just go to Wash's comp and play for him, he's your brother last time i checked 0.o

Dameon Angell
08-09-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by dimboy2
he/She? Name is Angel? Guess :) It's a girl.

And complaints@trenchwars.org

nay nay..... but after radio. ppl are thinking im a girl less and less..... but the ppl who try to hit on me, thats pretty disgusting

zXer
08-09-2003, 04:20 PM
this javtourny was Angel's first hosted event as a ref, give her a chance.

Tigerex
08-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Why havent i got a Tigerex sucks rant thread. Sigh somone get a reason (a real one to make it worth my effort) and make one.

TajaUk
08-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Cig Smoke
i think that if angel <ER> wants to host jav tourny that way she can host it that way...u gotta remember angel is the host and DOESNT havta host it...everyone had an equal opertunity to get in at the begining..after that its up to angel...although i do disagree w/ what did happen (my opinion) but angel want it that way...also i dont think it'd be an axable offence for that

If your going to do something do it correctly or not at all.

Vehicle
08-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Angel has a lot of knowledge of the game, her ways of getting to staff don't matter, fact is she got here. That javtourny was her first ever hosted event, and tourny's are one of the most demanding, you have to give people a chance to warm up to their job.

Angel, in my opinion, deserves to be on staff as much as anyone there. Sorry to pull this card again, but it is a game, and once you have enough knowledge of the game, enough of an established reputation, and a nice persona, why the fuck shouldn't you be a volunteer. We don't get paid you know.

Cig Smoke
08-10-2003, 12:02 AM
its still her event Taj...and if she wishes to host it 1 way then she hosts it that way

Turretwarz wasnt made to be played w/ super or for TK WARZ...but i see more and more ppl hosting it that way...thast what the neat part about being staff is..u get to be creative in the ways u host things to keep ppl happy

ConcreteSchlyrd
08-10-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by TajaUk
If your going to do something do it correctly or not at all.
Evidently you don't feel the same about spelling.

Awesome
08-10-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Bosshawk
but thats what happens when staff is a suck up contest, not people who are committed to helping the zone

between staff members who are racist, abuse powers ect lol its too funny some days You only hear about a few members of staff.... the ones that do something wrong. The majority of staff... the ones who do their job well... you don't hear anything about them (except how people hate them because they dont abuse and give the public something to gossip about)

Downdraft
08-10-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Awesome
You only hear about a few members of staff.... the ones that do something wrong. The majority of staff... the ones who do their job well... you don't hear anything about them (except how people hate them because they dont abuse and give the public something to gossip about)

wrong. those who do it well are respected for it. lefty?

Downdraft
08-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Under Dog
Angel has a lot of knowledge of the game, her ways of getting to staff don't matter, fact is she got here.

does it matter that she left paladen right after becoming zh?

M_M God
08-10-2003, 07:25 AM
No, being Paladen and getting staff has nothing to do with eachother.

REDLIGHTS
08-10-2003, 06:35 PM
Have you nothing else better to do with your time other than to flame angel.
She takes time outta her day to host for you, then she adds alittle more fun into the game and yes maybe adding a player who was already out was alittle harsh on other players but if it was you would you complain about getting re added into a game i very much doubt it, think how that special person felt like.
Angel atleast put a smile on his/her face :D
Anyway i believe shes doing a grand job just like the other staffers keep up the good work.

peace

-Red

Vehicle
08-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Downdraft
does it matter that she left paladen right after becoming zh?

I would like to begin by saying she didn't leave immediatly, she left 1 month into staff. But secondly, assuming she was only on Paladen for staff, I would like to say some things that RandedL or Mythrandir told me during my pre-staff bitter days. (I don't remember which one.) Paladen is a very old squad, so it is usually accompanied by players who have been playing for a long time, have a knowledge of the game, and are reasonably known. Not to mention unbelievably nice, excluding Carbon who was only nice while he was on the squad. Also, one of the Dean's of Staff is on Paladen and would you want some staff member recruited who neither dean ever talked to? A squad is a way to get to know players, can the dean(s) really help if they have power?

Secondly, left_eye had respect but need we touch on the issues of POiD being axed, and why she got axed? She was disliked by a lot of players, for whatever reason. She did her job well, but she had to of stepped on some toes to have hatred stretching as far as POiD's level.

Mandagorian
08-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by M_M God
No, being Paladen and getting staff has nothing to do with eachother.

Staff doesn't equal Paladen but it sure does help.

Pio
08-11-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Mandagorian
Staff doesn't equal Paladen but it sure does help.

Not everyone who joins Paladen joins to be on staff nor do they get staff.

Heh I've been in Paladen for about a year, and i've never been asked to join staff, so there is your evidence.

:p

Pio

Cig Smoke
08-11-2003, 01:12 AM
tru that...i was on paladen 3 times each over a few months and the last time was a good 1/2 a year+...and i never even got an offer for staff while there...not to mention i never heart any staff recruitment talk on paladen chat....i only got my staff spot i'd say almost a year after i left paladen...lately i been seeing more ppl from spastic (recentlY) joining staff and they deserve it bc they fit the description well

Dim
08-11-2003, 02:00 AM
I'm too poor skilled to get on Paladen.....!

Evoce
08-11-2003, 04:42 AM
whatever!

ps: angel/stra is a boy although the pics dont look like it. lol where has staff gone to? racists are recruiting transsexuals. gg

Awesome
08-11-2003, 06:28 AM
LOL Evoce :D

Downdraft
08-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by M_M God
No, being Paladen and getting staff has nothing to do with eachother.

then u are blind m_m since its plain and obvious for everyone to see.

Downdraft
08-11-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Under Dog
I would like to begin by saying she didn't leave immediatly, she left 1 month into staff.

and how long was she in paladen till getting staff? my god...

and why did kingz leave paladen for mambo after becoming smod?

basic examples or what u and lots of other ppl try to deny

Eric is God
08-11-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Under Dog
Secondly, left_eye had respect but need we touch on the issues of POiD being axed, and why she got axed? She was disliked by a lot of players, for whatever reason. She did her job well, but she had to of stepped on some toes to have hatred stretching as far as POiD's level.

You would be suprised at how easy it is for some ppl to hate others. POiD's reasons for example were pathetic, along with just about every1 else who hates some1 in an online game they have never met. On a side note, its sad to see how low the quality of drama has fallen in here. This is like a soap opera for 12 year old teenie boppers. Right now there isnt anything worth bitching about in TW, so just sit back and enjoy playing the game while u still can.

Tera
08-11-2003, 08:45 AM
i cant get in paladen, cause im Tera

Vehicle
08-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Downdraft
and how long was she in paladen till getting staff? my god...

and why did kingz leave paladen for mambo after becoming smod?

basic examples or what u and lots of other ppl try to deny

If she was on paladen for a short amount of time before receiving staff then that proves my point. In order to be up for staff, you are put into staffbot, something only SMods can do, you are then voted on by all the SMods with a rating, they go down the line of the people who are listed and choose some one. So if it wasn't long, then Paladen had shit to do with it.

Secondly, how many SySops are on Paladen? None. How long was kingz staff before he got to smod? Over 2 years if I am not mistaken. SMods don't choose who becomes a SMod, and what mod at the time would you of thought better for the job?

There is only 1 SMod on Paladen who happens to be a Dean Of Staff, it's not his fault if he thinks the people he knows on his squad can do the job well, it's better then him not knowing Tera and giving him staff isn't it?

M_M God
08-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Lol DD, you didn't read the posts made after that did you. Sad.
I know, a lot of Paladen's have been staff in the past and are now, but that's because Paladen is an old squad, and Mama is the Dean of Staff, so he notices sooner what staff potential players on his squad have, so why not recruit them if they prove to be a good Staffer. And if you still disagree, go join Paladen and see for yourself.

Downdraft
08-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Under Dog
If she was on paladen for a short amount of time before receiving staff then that proves my point.

exactly the opposite: she in paladen for some months ( i cant really back this up since i cant keep track of this ) and then after becoming staff she left. this was obviously 1 of the many who joined paladen simply to get staff. worse then this is to actually see ppl denying this.

better make it clear for everyone what paladen is then.

Kolar
08-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Downdraft Paladen is an old squad, yes they have a dean of staff on it doesn't mean every person on it will get staff.

Tekwiz
BAM!!!
WORR

Last 3 ZHs none of them on Paladen. If you thought kissing ass and being on a specific squad is the way you get to become a staff member then your about 95 % wrong. I'm not saying sucking up to a specific staff member will work but it's a one way, but not the best way to get to be on staff. As Cops said Paladen doesn't mean staff but it does help in a very small way.

If you really wanted to be staff, be friendly, do something in tw ( don't sit around hoping it will happen out of the blue). If being on TW staff is important to you then just play the game and have fun. This isn't really needed though it would help, show you can handle some responsibility.

Spider
08-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Let me just say that if Paladen could prevent this staff sterotype we would. Having our members wanting to be made staffers is a pain in the ass. Nobody likes to get nagged, by a member or non-member. Having people that want staff to try to join our squad is just as much of a pain in the ass. We have a hard time trusting if people want to join Paladen, if they want to join staff. It makes recruiting very difficult. We don't like this crap. Paladen has no conspiracy going on. KJW doesn't want a squad full of staffers, he doesn't even really want to be on staff that baddly himself.. DoCk guilts him into coming back, heh.

Also, many of Paladens staffers and staff first, Paladen second. So if Paladen is guilty of anything it is for giving preference to recruiting staffers and not giving non-staff a fair chance.. Of course, that is crazy :)

Personally, I had been both ZH and ER before I was inviting into Paladen. I joined the same day as YoMama!!!, he was a mod before he ever joined.. Demonic joined (and left already heh) but she was a mod before she joined for the second time (not sure about the first). So you see, many staffers join after they get staff.

Another reason why staffers tend to get recruited more easily if they are in a squad which is in good standing with the TW community/staff is so we know the person a little more and we know they are trying to be involved positively in the TW community. Some squads attract people that want to help the zone and be part of the establishment while other squads, like the ones Squadless makes (hehehe) attract people that want to screw around and annoy staff rather than join it.

Some of the above is fact, some is opinion. I don't really know why staff recruits one person above the other because I don't recruit people. I can only speculate.

Cig Smoke
08-12-2003, 11:44 PM
Btw Vehicle/under dog Paladen has 2 smods (yomama!!!, and KJW) just thought i'd add that in :)

and having 2 smod's on ur squad make it ezier to get ur name on the list for <ZH>...but doesnt mean the other smod's like that person

Mandagorian
08-13-2003, 12:04 AM
People should really let this issue go, Paladen doesn't equal staff but you'd be lying if you said it doesn't help your chances.

Sudden
08-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Angel ER is a dumb slut, plz get rid of here

that's all i had to say :)

Downdraft
08-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Kolar
Downdraft Paladen is an old squad, yes they have a dean of staff on it doesn't mean every person on it will get staff.

Tekwiz
BAM!!!
WORR

Last 3 ZHs none of them on Paladen. If you thought kissing ass and being on a specific squad is the way you get to become a staff member then your about 95 % wrong. I'm not saying sucking up to a specific staff member will work but it's a one way, but not the best way to get to be on staff. As Cops said Paladen doesn't mean staff but it does help in a very small way.

If you really wanted to be staff, be friendly, do something in tw ( don't sit around hoping it will happen out of the blue). If being on TW staff is important to you then just play the game and have fun. This isn't really needed though it would help, show you can handle some responsibility.

because i complain about the way staff recruits u assume i want to get in. this was true some time ago but not anymore, i mean, of course i wouldn't decline a request to join but im not working for it anymore.

Demonic
08-14-2003, 02:36 PM
I was ER before i joined paladen the first time, poid made me ZH when i was on Melee, i was still on melee when i got ER heh, left paladen and rejoined melee, got mod (poid wasnt dean at that point before u say anything heh) and then joined light, rejoined paladen and now back to light...confused? i know i am heh, but being on Paladen didnt do anything for me staff wise, all it did was allowed me to get to know some nice ppl who play this game which is kinda refreshing (if u sit in elim for a bit you know what i mean), so Paladen is not a "staff recruitment" squad. As for Angel, she can host whatever she likes heh however she wants too, thats the advantage of being ER you make the decisions and you run the event how you want to run the event, you should be greatful she took the time out too host for you rather then bitching about it, sometimes with some of the players in TW its a damn side easier to just host 50 games of hunt a month and play elim, fast and ur still doing ur job, and im sure if you keep on bitching 24/7 about it you will just annoy everyone and thats what is going to happen.

Dem

Ps. Paladen still rox! :)

Epinephrine
08-14-2003, 02:54 PM
If you want to be smod you gotta be on Elusive!!

Elusive: 17 members, only 14 who actually play any, 4 smods, no lower staff.

So uh 29% of our active members are smods haha GG.

-Epi

Nickname
08-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Go to elusive and sleep your way to the top.


On a side note, I don't have anythign against Angel other than he/she whichever, isn't Angel.


Staff really need to implement a rule that staff are not allowed to use names they do not own. I mean, if i'm JimmyRocks2 and i get staff then my name should be JimmyRocks2 <ZH>. I don't see how i can suddenly become Jim <ZH> if I don't own the name, thats just pretending to be someone else from another zone, or possibly even from this one. I can semi-understand someone shortening there name, like ConcreteSchlyrd did to Concrete <ER> but only because his name is quite long and the tag should be visible when he's talking. I do not agree with letting X_BLADE_X change his name to Blade <ZH/ER> when he did though, because his name is already short and thats just pretending to be Blade.

Dim
08-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Dimboy2 <ER>


Well, in all fairness, I did own the name Dimboy

Vehicle
08-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Nick's right, it could potentially lead to alias issues, if the real angel logs on. And BTW, I do own Vehicle, annux gave it too me. :)

Sufficient
08-14-2003, 05:40 PM
Logically, the <ER> tag should be in FRONT of the name ... then the ERs are all on the top of the list.