• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZH's Helping

hey everyone..
    This is really not a complaint but I have something to say
    Now that I have my 1280 res I started practicing wb again
    I was experiencing problems with my new computer that I've just bought about 2 weeks ago like when I was playing TW I kept getting ALT+TABed and it was really annoying.. I did ?help and CIg Smoke said that he had experienced the same problem but did not know how to help me.. ok so I waited and did ?help again and then no1 bothered to respond...
    I finally got fed up with it and was about to give up , luckily people on ?chat=twd told me to download ad-aware and scan my comp for pop-ups and it worked my comp is now fixed.
    Incase you are wondering why I posted such a thing well heres ur answer.. I just want to know if ZH's are suppose to know about programs like ad-aware that clear pop-ups or anything that is causing ur TW to not run smoothly.

-Tyson
    Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

well i answered u with what i knew , i wish i would of known to download that (which i am now so ty for posting it) ...but i didnt but i replied to u telling u it happens to me (does) and that i didnt know the answer so atleast u got an answer which i try to do when no one knows or answers someone i atleast try to pm them saying "i have no idea" or something just so they get a reply
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Tyson,

There is no ZH manual, at least none that gives information. The information you know as a staff member is not due to any special training but due to each individual person and what they know.

We get all types of ?helps on staff from "what does R mean on the f2 screen" to weird questions about German history or how to fix computers.

I would say that perhaps no one at the time knew how to answer your question, and since everyone was probably waiting for someone else who knew to help you, it ended up that nothing was done.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Join "help" chat, theres people who help with computer and SS related problems. But use the Tech forum for help mainly. I don't think any ZHs would know the information you were looking for, nor would some mods and smods I have helped.

Comment

K thnx for clearing it up for me.

-Tyson
          Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

Cig did the right thing.. I am 99% sure that ZHs are supposed to reply to calls even if nobody online knows the answer just to say 'sorry, we aren't sure'. I'm sure thats how it used to be, DoCk has told me that in the past. Unfortionately, ZHing has gotten really slack.
            Spider
            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

it's just fucking stupid that zone helpers are mostly newbies who don't really know shit about anything. imo first should come ER, after that a zone helper/mod
              jee

Comment

I remember making some kind of ?help call about German history

Comment

i used ?help call for help in calculus late at night multiple times. thanks mainly to cpt.guano! for his knowledge of single-variable calculus.

Comment

OMG LETS MAKE CPT.GUANO! A HOMEWORK HELPER!

Cpt.Guano! <HH> for sysop of all the Homework Helpers!
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                      Tyson,

There is no ZH manual, at least none that gives information. The information you know as a staff member is not due to any special training but due to each individual person and what they know.

-Epi
                      So then when they are looking for the "best" staffer how do they go about it? If they don't have knowledge about the game wtf help do they do to the game? Spider is so right and has been saying it for awhile now, ZH's haven't been doing much of anything in TW for awhile now. If staff wasn't so worried about letting ZH's host shit.. or co-hosting shit with them and just let them do their jobs it would make things a lot better. Sraff as a whole has been getting really lax in the time TW needs it the most.

Comment

I don't understand why you would use an example like this, including the nick of the person. Then state it like you are disappointed in staff, only to aks a question in the end.
                        A zone helper helps people with problems inside the zone, someone took the time to reply to you although he couldnt find the solution to your problem.
                        Your problem to me seems not directly subspace related since there was nothing wrong with your client.
                        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                        X