Name change?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change?!

lets imagine im a ZH and called Evoce <ZH>. when i get promoted to ER i suddenly want to change my name to Squadless <ER> for example. would that be legal? if not, why is Stra/Angel allowed to do it?
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
    \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
    << evoce >>
    /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
    TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
    TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

I was told you get one (1) name change whilst on staff. So it is legal. It is, however, tacky if you do not own the name to which you changed. For example, I don't own the name Blue, so I wouldn't be Blue <ER>.
    Dishonor is like the scar on a tree, which time, instead of healing, only helps to enlarge.

Comment

ya but i would change my name to a player's name which is playing in the same zone and is still active. so there would be a squadless and a squadless <er> who r different persons at all. thats what i meant.

and that cant be legal
      (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
      \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
      << evoce >>
      /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
      (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

Comment

I'm sure the dean(s) of staff would draw a line somewhere. If I wanted to be YoMama!!! <ER> or PriitK <ER> i'm sure they wouldn't allow it, or if I wanted to change my name to any well known current TW player, unless its april fools,

Eg: Squadless <ER> = Randedl
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

then there should be a rule against changing names to names which already exist by ?squad <name>. in my eyes its just logical.
          (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
          \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
          << evoce >>
          /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
          (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedandy
            I was told you get one (1) name change whilst on staff. So it is legal. It is, however, tacky if you do not own the name to which you changed. For example, I don't own the name Blue, so I wouldn't be Blue <ER>.
            Close.. you get 1 name change per staff rank. Example, i used my ZH name change to go from Torr <ZH> to Stalfos <ZH> and when i was promoted, i immediately asked THE PUSHER for a name change before i ever used Stalfos <ER>, so it counted as my ER name change to go to Awesome <ER>.. so i am stuck (happily) with this name until i get promoted to mod some years down the road (or axed before then).

ps: No, i will not use the MOD name change that i will be given. I like my current name (minus the <ER> of course) and i dont even have any other decent names... gave em all away when i found the one i wanted to use.
            Originally posted by Evoce
            then there should be a rule against changing names to names which already exist by ?squad <name>. in my eyes its just logical.
            I agree, we shouldn't be allowed to use names that we don't own... but you want ?squad <name> to exist before you put an ER or ZH tag on it ...u just wanna make sure that you are the one who owns it.

But yes i agree, use a name you own before you slap a tag on it!!!

Comment

the existence of ER and ZH is a tubby load of tackiness anyways

Comment

true, zh's shouldn't exist because people in this zone automatically know the answers to every question there is about the game when they download it. ZHs = Not Needed... right?

and er's shouldn't exist cus people dont like to play those hosted games and no one ever comes out and plays them. ERs = Not Needed... right?

and while we're at it.. mods not needed too... people should be aloud to team kill, use racist comments to harass other players, and break the other rules too.. mods = Not Needed... right?

k, thx.

Comment

ROFL, picture it.

SirNewb6996> ?cheater Some newb named awesome warned me for teamkilling, it is not awesome at all. He is not awesome, i would like to report him for not being awesome. I wasn't even teamkilling, fuck you awesome!

Changing your name to a adjective that can be easily be confused with praising yourself is stupider then being "I like Men <ER>"
                  Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                  Message has been sent to online moderators
                  2:BLeeN> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>no
                  2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                  2:BLeeN> ok then no
                  :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                  (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

heh, my mark has been made.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai
                      the existence of ER and ZH is a tubby load of tackiness anyways

And the winner for: most unthought through post ever goes to...
                      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                      cool koen> :)
                      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                      cool koen> not because of a bug
                      EvoLd> Lol
                      Treachery> meh
                      EvoLd> why then?
                      PubAceR> women in power dont last
                      EvoLd> LOl
                      toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                        true, zh's shouldn't exist because people in this zone automatically know the answers to every question there is about the game when they download it. ZHs = Not Needed... right?

and er's shouldn't exist cus people dont like to play those hosted games and no one ever comes out and plays them. ERs = Not Needed... right?

and while we're at it.. mods not needed too... people should be aloud to team kill, use racist comments to harass other players, and break the other rules too.. mods = Not Needed... right?

k, thx.
                        Uhhh.. yes?
                        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

people should be aloud to team kill
                          i agree. i think that tw should adopt the "eye for an eye" system. people should be warned and banned for tking wrecklessly (all levis).

see there is a difference between wreckless and accidental. when team levis kill you it wasnt an accident, its just that they dont care. I cant believe that im one of a handful of people in the hundreds of people who play tw who will actually take a stand when im tked.
                          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                          apt>yes u can wtf
                          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                          apt>na
                          apt>ill show you pictures
                          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

I don't know about you but starting TK wars in a flag room full of javs makes playing TW worth it.
                            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

I concure that almost all Levi tks are intentional but most of the time the Levi is attempting to take out a superior invading force. When this is done correctly it can be very effective but when it is done recklessly it can lead to the lose of the base.

I think this thread just went off topic. I thought we were talking about name changes which I support as long as the person owns the name.

Vitron

Comment

Working...
                              X