MatchBot ideas and sugestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MatchBot ideas and sugestions

ok, i'm sitting in twdd today while looking at the twdivisions website challenging squads. I'm always getting aggrivated becuase you can only challenge about 6 to 10 squads before you get the "do not flood matchbot" message... And then i start to think that there has to be a better way to challenge and accept squads that would make it a much more enjoyable and easier way to get a game going.

Rubeus thought up an idea with an accepting list kinda thing for matchbot. where any squad could tell the matchbots that they want to accept any challenge in that league. so someone looking for a game would type !acceptlist or something like that to see all the squads currently wanting to accept and play a twdd. Now to avoid squads using this incorrectly by typing !acceptall then leaving and not being accepted till hours later and then not having enough to play. how about put a timer on it. Like !acceptall 60 for 60 minutes or one hour. have a maximum of an hour that a squad can be on the accepting list to avoid games starting without anyone showing up. Or even a half hour would be alright.

I was also thinking of a chat type of system on the twdd site but that would mean that you have to be on the website to accept challenges, so it might be best to stick with matchbot. Or even an ingame chat for twdders wanting a match?

Please look into doing this next season. and could anyone post idea's on even simplier/better ones with matchbot? I would really like to see this changed next season becuase it would really improve the way squads accept and challenge. Thanks to everyone who reads this . - Zengrath

i think itd be better to just have commands that allowed you to put yourself on a list of squads that want to play a twd, and a command that lets you read that list, rather than set it up so that it would be automatically accepted for a certain period of time....this would lead to tons of unplayed forfeits and wasted arena time.

and while were on the topic of suggestions:

1) a scoreboard like in twl

2) add the round score to the information that the bot returns when you use !score (such as: 1-0 Rampage, 45-36 Rampage). ppl are asking "what round?" constantly in twdd. maybe this could be added to the scoreboard.

3) a !cancel command like in duel where squads can agree to cancel a match at any time before or during the match.

4) in twdd, if you dont have 4 players at the start, the match should end in a forfeit immediately. there shouldnt be any extra 5 minutes that you have to wait for the 2nd round to be forfeited.

5) why the hell is there only one sub available in twdd? this makes no sense and keeps squads from getting everyone some playing time or removing laggy/problem players...it should be same amount of subs as twl.

6) the time allowed to set your roster should be reduced to 3 minutes. if you arent ready to play within a few minutes, dont make or accept a challenge.

7) can the twdd and jd bots not be fixed in some way so that players who die right before the warp to safes dont find themselves out in the middle of the arena with the ability to fly over and fire bullets/bombs at the warp in points in order to score kills at warp in? just have the bot do a 2nd warp to safe 10 seconds after the first to get anyone not caught in the 1st warp.

8) remove fc greens. they arent in twl, take them out of twd.

9) make the mvp system the same in both twd and twl.

10) allow a !remove challenge command that allows a squad to retract all challenges it has made at one bot.

11)am i wrong or does blueout still allow you to talk to the other team using " (blue-green chat). this defeats the whole purpose of blueout and should be changed if possible.

12) figure out a way to get everyone thats not on one of the two squads playing off of those teams' frequencies at the start of a dd. i hate it when my squad is playing a dd and theres some lamer in our team freq talking/spamming in yellow because he didnt leave the arena after his last dd or whatever.

13) it would be cool if in twdd and twjd, after the match the bot announced the total records of all the players in all rounds played: like

Solstice:
    Escalate 28-30
    Sirius. 45-24

etc...

and then the mvp of the entire game (highest +/- in all rounds played).

i know theres more but thats all i can think of right now.
    Last edited by Escalate; 08-18-2003, 10:28 PM.
    There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

I believe this is one of Myth's future plans with TWD. I'd imagine that he will be addressing these issues in the next incarnation of TWD (after TWL playoffs), if he finds the free time.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

btw myth, excellent job on twd, it owns.
        There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Awsome Escalate. I agree with all those changes. I hope to see most of them if not all implemented next season. Thanks a lot for posting that . Now.. if only i can get them to look at this post so these changes can be made :P.

Thanks again, Cya in game

Comment

The part about having a 2nd warp, to catch people who don't get warped the first time, I really agree with. One time I wasn't warped, so I did a slow bomb and succeeded in killing off the entire enemy team right at the beginning of the entire game

I let them get free kills on me though, to compensate, so it's not like the match was unfair, but it was hilarious when right after "GO! GO! GO!" you see 3 blahblah killed by K2Grey messages
            - k2

Comment

Working...
            X