PDA

View Full Version : hey!

Mantra-Slider
08-19-2003, 07:52 AM
Was Vehicle axed/suspended cos he didnt like the multiply name changes by one certain staff member?

Kolar
08-19-2003, 08:02 AM
I don't know what happend but in a thread he continued an argument about the RH tag after saying Mama told him not to. I don't know if it had anything to do with him being axed/suspended but it was really a pointless way to go imo :(.

Evoce
08-19-2003, 08:58 AM
harhar

Vehicle
08-19-2003, 11:05 AM
Kolar, it has nothing too do with the RH tag thread, in another thread, I said I did not like awesomes name, because I felt it was innaporopriate for a staff member. He and other staffers took it as a flame, and awesome confronted me, I disagreed and eventually it got to upper staff. They felt that I was bashing awesome and I had been for a long time, so they were going to suspend me. I tried to discuss it with weaver because I did not feel it was a flame or anything of the sort. In typical manner, he was set to suspend me because he had already discussed it himself. In this process I got flamed on staff chat by both awesome and dimboy, in which case nothing was done. So I told Weaver I was done. The End. I wanted to keep this off forums, but it isn't anymore. :p :)

Edit: O and awesome, I am not trying to make myself look like the victim, i'm telling people who asked, what happened, so you can stop telling people that. Including staff chat, thanks.

Mantra-Slider
08-19-2003, 11:34 AM
so in a 2 vs 1 fight the upper staff, to save them some trouble, goes for the little guy :)

Dim
08-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Under Dog
Kolar, it has nothing too do with the RH tag thread, in another thread, I said I did not like awesomes name, because I felt it was innaporopriate for a staff member. He and other staffers took it as a flame, and awesome confronted me, I disagreed and eventually it got to upper staff. They felt that I was bashing awesome and I had been for a long time, so they were going to suspend me. I tried to discuss it with weaver because I did not feel it was a flame or anything of the sort. In typical manner, he was set to suspend me because he had already discussed it himself. In this process I got flamed on staff chat by both awesome and dimboy, in which case nothing was done. So I told Weaver I was done. The End. I wanted to keep this off forums, but it isn't anymore. :p :)

Heh, I didn't flame you, I just don't like being called Mr. 13 y/o every second.

Awesome
08-19-2003, 12:11 PM
Vehicle, thats a very warped view of what happened

Heres the sequence of events....
-Evoce asked about a staff matter and names on tw forums
-I answered his question
-You posted the following
ROFL, picture it.

SirNewb6996> ?cheater Some newb named awesome warned me for teamkilling, it is not awesome at all. He is not awesome, i would like to report him for not being awesome. I wasn't even teamkilling, fuck you awesome!

Changing your name to a adjective that can be easily be confused with praising yourself is stupider then being "I like Men <ER>" -It pretty much went unnoticed by upper staff
-You come online and started completely out of the blue talking about my elim ranks and laughing or some childish bs without me saying a word
-Weaver suspends you
-You quit in protest

it's all my fault
(there you go troll king, sarcasm tags that you've requested so you don't get confused)

Facetious
08-19-2003, 12:17 PM
You actually support somebody getting banned from staff because he was mean to you? What a dick.

Awesome
08-19-2003, 12:20 PM
once again, he quit.. and i dont "support" it or not... i'm just posting that it isn't some plot by me and dimboy that he's trying to make it out to be.

Nickname
08-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Psst dimboy, you are 13.

Dim
08-19-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Nickname
Psst dimboy, you are 13.

Yes, but he wasn't congratulating me on it.

Cig Smoke
08-19-2003, 12:55 PM
Congrats on 13 dimboy u stupid bitsh!

Nickname
08-19-2003, 12:55 PM
good answer :/

Vehicle
08-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Awesome
once again, he quit.. and i dont "support" it or not... i'm just posting that it isn't some plot by me and dimboy that he's trying to make it out to be.

So it isn't a plot by you and dimboy, which I never said it was, but isn't it odd that the day I quit, you immedatly started talking shit about me on staff chat and on other mediums of chat? It's not important, but I never claimed it was a plot, I was merely stating that being gang raped by you and dimboy was the last straw and the thing that pushed me too do what I was considering.

Secondly your string of events is not at all on par with what happened. You replied to his question, by saying something I found funny, I posted a little anecdote and ended it with my opinion about what having a mod named "awesome" would be like. Having nothing to do with your character or anything of the sort, just with your name. It did not go unnoticed, because an ER brought it up to Weaver, I haven't a clue which one because I didn't ask. Then weaver took me to his arena and preceded to say I was suspended because I started the flaming and you would not be because you just continued it. So I precedded to have a conversation with him about it, I disagreed with how he handled himself, so I quit. You can say it was in protest, but in reality it was because I do not want to be in a place that is like that.

Spider
08-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Weaver should get a log of the staff chat you guys are refering to, or did he witness it first hand?

Facetious
08-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Awesome

You could have been like, "it's not a big deal, whatever" and he probably wouldn't have been suspended.

Vehicle
08-19-2003, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Spider
Weaver should get a log of the staff chat you guys are refering to, or did he witness it first hand?

Which log are you talking about? The thing that got me suspended is on forums, the thing where dimboy and awesome flamed me was while he was talking to me and I brought it up to him, which he ignored. And about him talking about me on staff chat, I copied and pasted, he said "doesn't matter, you quit."

Awesome
08-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Spider
Weaver should get a log of the staff chat you guys are refering to, or did he witness it first hand? Weaver was there when the alleged "gang rape" by dimboy and myself occured. But considering i was playing baseelim at the time, and not saying a word when i noticed vehicle completely out of the blue starting to talk about my elim rankings and trying to make fun of me cus they were pretty poor stats... i dont see where he got my participation from in this "gang rape". all i said was "wtf, why are you talking about my elim ranks?" and weaver pm's me to say something like "shut up, i'll take care of this" or something like that.
Originally posted by Facetious
You could have been like, "it's not a big deal, whatever" and he probably wouldn't have been suspended. First, i didn't know he had been suspended when it happened. After his ranting about my elim ranks, he comes on staff chat 5 mins later and says "i've desided to quit" and his goodbyes. Weaver told me a few minutes later that he had been suspended and then quit cus he was angry at being suspended or something. But even if i had of known that he was being suspended as it happened, i wouldn't have got involved. If for no other reason then whenever i or some other member of staff gets involved in matters they shouldn't be involved in, they get in trouble.

Awesome
08-19-2003, 03:44 PM
Which log are you talking about? The thing that got me suspended is on forums, the thing where dimboy and awesome flamed me was while he was talking to me and I brought it up to him, which he ignored. And about him talking about me on staff chat, I copied and pasted, he said "doesn't matter, you quit." i still dont know what the hell you are talking about when you say me and/or dimboy ever flamed you...

Mantra-Slider
08-19-2003, 04:24 PM
I still think there are too many name changes allowed in staff :p

Its like Bush naming himself dickhead after the election (which he should maybe?)

Vehicle
08-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
I still think there are too many name changes allowed in staff :p

Its like Bush naming himself dickhead after the election (which he should maybe?)

You are european, you are not aloud to talk about bush, now stfu before we bomb you for no reason like we did the Iraqi's!

Jason
08-19-2003, 09:35 PM
You're better off not being on staff, Vehicle. The shitstorms you must endure day in and day out never get balanced out with any sense of satisfaction.

kthx
09-04-2003, 05:48 PM
slowly good staff members are being pretty much forced to quit for bullshit reasons.. Staff will be a joke in a year..

Evasive
09-04-2003, 06:16 PM
Wark, you weren't a good staff member, and neither was Goddess.

Vehicle
09-04-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Evasive
Wark, you weren't a good staff member, and neither was Goddess.

BUT I WAS! sarcasm.

Yojo
09-04-2003, 07:55 PM
I'd have to say that Dimboy's intelligence is far superior than a good 75% of the rest of TW's population, no matter his age. In general, if a 13 year old can be as mature and level headed as dimboy, then I see no reason to single him out due simply to how many years he's been alive. Quite frankly, it's kinda of agitating for me to keep seeing Dimboy being bashed the amount he is due to one uncontrolable factor. Let's just drop the age thing and look how well he does his job, and serves the Tw community.

Nickname
09-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by wark <ZH>
Staff will be a joke in a year..

Since this thread got brought back up, i'll respond to this.

Hi, Staff has been a joke since before you were playing, staff has always been a good 80% morons, once we got as low as 60% but then that 20% got annoyed with the 60% morons and quit, taking us back to 80%...it was sad.

Vehicle
09-04-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Yojo
I'd have to say that Dimboy's intelligence is far superior than a good 75% of the rest of TW's population, no matter his age. In general, if a 13 year old can be as mature and level headed as dimboy, then I see no reason to single him out due simply to how many years he's been alive. Quite frankly, it's kinda of agitating for me to keep seeing Dimboy being bashed the amount he is due to one uncontrolable factor. Let's just drop the age thing and look how well he does his job, and serves the Tw community.

Umm, I would just like to say that besides the dimboy saying shit to me on staff chat thing, he has not been bashed on this thread yet.

pv=nrt
09-04-2003, 10:00 PM
age has nothing to do with me and my problems with dimboy on staff.

Da1andonly
09-04-2003, 11:45 PM
Alright, I'm on staff..and I'd just like to tell the staffers that surfs this forum one thing:

DON'T CARE ABOUT EVERYTHING

jesus christ superstar, so what if vehicle called you a newb or 13, that means he is doing a bad job as a staffer aye?

Christ, it's starting to look that staffers can't say anything anymore before another staffer gets them suspended or something.

ConcreteSchlyrd
09-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Hi, Staff has been a joke since before you were playing, staff has always been a good 80% morons, once we got as low as 60% but then that 20% got annoyed with the 60% morons and quit, taking us back to 80%...it was sad.
ConcreteSchlyrd and RyanG: Always 20% of Something.

Am I the only one with a pseudo-optomistic view of staff? First, there've been some really great ones. Mr. Spam, Flabin, ZzLifezZ, THE PUSHER (where you at Push? Holla if you hear me), Cpt. Guano--just to name a few few. Second (and I'm going to bold and italicize it for the reading-impaired):

Being a staffer is a lot harder than you may believe.

And no, I'm not saying it's hard as in "writing a doctoral thesis on Low K Dielectrics". Hard, as in "dealing with fifteen people constantly messaging 'h3y d00d3r! h0st ZOMBIES! YAAAY!!' to you every 37 seconds". That gets annoying real quick, and good staffers deal with it.

Big ups to staffers. They run this two-bit pony show of a spaceship game so you don't have to.

RiP
09-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Staff should stop recruiting young immature newbies.. They should recruit experienced ppl, but then again most experienced ppl dont wanna join staff cause of all the immature newbies... X_x

Cig Smoke
09-05-2003, 02:12 AM
or most experienced ppl got banned a few times in there ss "careers" usuayl in the past and its held against them forever pretty much

but da1 put it the best...

and staffers shouldnt be argueing w/ each other htey should be bonding together to keep the zone up tip top shape! instead of worrying bout pointing out another staffers mistake or worrying about firing someoen...if ug ot that much free time go host another 2-3 events.

Downdraft
09-05-2003, 12:00 PM
i ask one simple question: if Awesome <ER> had the name awesome before joining staff then its fine to me, but if somehow that name doesnt belong to him then i totally disagree with him and any other person changing name when they join staff, even worse, to a name they dont originally own.

MeloSS
09-11-2003, 11:13 AM
I think you guys make it a bigger deal than it is about staff changing names... I mean whats the whining about that their is better suggest to ''debate'' and by the way most staff that left was because of ''abuse'' or ''improper attitude'' so good staffers stay and try to change bad things about staff and shuts his mouth when they have nothing constructive to say or do.

Mayo Inc.
09-11-2003, 11:37 AM
I don't know... I just seem to have a little more respect (for some reason) if I know exactly who the staffer is. If the staffer changes his name (what was awesome's ORIGINAL name?) it leads me to believe that they have something to hide. Murder? Maybe, but probably not. Ok so I don't really think awesome has something to hide, I just think it would be better if the majority of the people who... cared(?) about this kind of thing, knew who they were dealing with, instead of some random guy on an alias. Lets look at it in terms of squads. Captains, would you recruit a random guy on an alias if you didn't know who he was at all? I wouldn't. What this means is, I forgot. I had an interesting point, I'll edit this when I remember.

Nickname
09-11-2003, 11:50 AM
Awesome was Staflos or whatever and originaly TORR. Torr is not Team Money Worthy, Mayo Inc. is.

(THat was Mayo's point)

Mr. Peanuts
09-11-2003, 11:54 AM
do what RedStar did, boot the existing staff and hire different ones. :P

Facetious
09-11-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
Captains, would you recruit a random guy on an alias if you didn't know who he was at all? I wouldn't.

Obviously you aren't a captain of Aura.

pv=nrt
09-14-2003, 11:17 PM
My squad recruits on basis of not knowing who they are. As long as we don't know them, then they are welcome.

Tigerex
09-15-2003, 07:16 AM
I'd like to point out in a totally self absorbed way that i quit staff without the threat of suspension. Making me the only ex staffer to have left of his own free will in the last few months. Praise me, Praise me for i am your messiah.

PhaTz
09-15-2003, 08:31 AM
taking us back to 80%...it was sad.

It's really actually only 75% if you do the math... :p

PhaTz
09-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
I don't know... I just seem to have a little more respect (for some reason) if I know exactly who the staffer is. If the staffer changes his name (what was awesome's ORIGINAL name?) it leads me to believe that they have something to hide. Murder? Maybe, but probably not. Ok so I don't really think awesome has something to hide, I just think it would be better if the majority of the people who... cared(?) about this kind of thing, knew who they were dealing with, instead of some random guy on an alias. Lets look at it in terms of squads. Captains, would you recruit a random guy on an alias if you didn't know who he was at all? I wouldn't. What this means is, I forgot. I had an interesting point, I'll edit this when I remember.

So what will awesome <ER>'s name be when he quits staff or become a mod? We looking at a next name change? :confused:

Black Alpha
09-15-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Tigerex
I'd like to point out in a totally self absorbed way that i quit staff without the threat of suspension. Making me the only ex staffer to have left of his own free will in the last few months. Praise me, Praise me for i am your messiah.

big ups to the tigerex

Vehicle
09-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by PhaTz
So what will awesome <ER>'s name be when he quits staff or become a mod? We looking at a next name change? :confused:

Awe's mod name is going to be "awesome". That is the part I said was stupid, and I still hold to that opinion.

Mattey
09-16-2003, 05:11 PM

You lie.

Emaho
10-10-2003, 07:28 AM

Boki is without disscusion the best mod and smod ever!
Jedi <ER> = was one of the 60%

Fruitang
10-10-2003, 10:31 AM

It's an old post, but I beg to differ with that comment.

froedrick
10-10-2003, 10:41 AM
dun dun dun

Worr
10-10-2003, 01:04 PM

Bullshit...I quit because I didn't have time for this game anymore. :)