PDA

View Full Version : Er Abuse!!!

Madafaka
08-21-2003, 12:03 PM
Ok I was just doing my thing owning it up in elim. I killed Dimboy <ER> once in the beginning of elim and said ez. I was spawn killing and making tight shots at some people calling them ez also. Then just a few minutes later in elim Dimboy specced me becuz he said I was hiding. I was basically 6-3 in like 2-3 minutes playing in elim. I wasnt hiding, there was another person that saw me play Ripper.He basically saw me tearing it up in elim. So Dimboy was using his powers in an unlikely manner, so therefore he shouldn't be in staff. I wasn't even warned when he specced me in elim. He was also harassing me by private messaging telling me that in his books I was hiding even though I wasn't. Also, he told me that he didn't spec me while I was playing elim but later on he admitted to speccing me. So there you go someone who lied to me and also lied that I was hiding.

X_Cronic Nightmares
08-21-2003, 12:17 PM
errr im new here but im sure it was a mistake btw how many elims are there a day? I mean if you have to come on here and whine about your crap and how an er sucks or something your proubly a newb anyway. Also if it was that much of a problem or something woudlnt you post something liek this in a problems forums? Hmm i dunno im new here but i think you just need to get over it and play and if your so good then im sure you'll go around owning again.

Vitron2
08-21-2003, 12:17 PM
Dimboy <ER> is an er, hence his definition of not playing right/hiding are the rules that you need to follow. I wasn't there and I don't know the situation, so I can't be a judge... ehh. :)

Vitron

Vehicle
08-21-2003, 12:25 PM
One question, was dimboy in spec when he specced you?

X_Cronic Nightmares
08-21-2003, 12:27 PM
had you also annoyed the hell out of him or something tooo you know er's love to use thier powers against people who just wont shut their mouths or every zone i've been in its' been that way

Cylor
08-21-2003, 12:30 PM
You must not play Hockey Zone then, Cronic.

:P

ZeUs!!
08-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Any complaints are to be sent to complaints@trenchwars.org. TW Staff.

Dim
08-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Under Dog

Yes.

Oh, and what ZeUs!! said.

Adman
08-21-2003, 01:37 PM
I say it now, i'll never say it again. ER's should not be able to use their powers in elim. Too much room for abuse, leave the moderating to the mods/Smods because ERS just get bashed if they do anything wrong, unless you're good at hosting, and host what people want all the time.

stark
08-21-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by X_Cronic Nightmares
errr im new here but im sure it was a mistake btw how many elims are there a day? I mean if you have to come on here and whine about your crap and how an er sucks or something your proubly a newb anyway. Also if it was that much of a problem or something woudlnt you post something liek this in a problems forums? Hmm i dunno im new here but i think you just need to get over it and play and if your so good then im sure you'll go around owning again.

it's the principal of the thing... if he didn't do anything wrong, then dimboy did... like, when erat *setship himself after the "game will start in 10 seconds..." message to get in because the game hasn't started yet (i could be wrong, i have bad memory)

Awesome
08-21-2003, 02:12 PM
let's rename this forum to complaints@trenchwars.org

RiP
08-21-2003, 03:25 PM
Madafaka was not hiding and he was speced for no reason.. Even if he did hide he should have been warned first atleast.. Yea and i didnt know hiding was illegal i tought refusing to fight was...

RiP
08-21-2003, 03:27 PM

Yea he speced for rec just b4 the incident

Evoce
08-21-2003, 05:28 PM
don't we all know that dimboy is a hating immature boy who gets pissed about every little thing?

we do.

Vehicle
08-21-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Evoce
don't we all know that dimboy is a hating immature boy who gets pissed about every little thing?

we do.

OMG EVOCE SAID SOMETHING CORRECT AND SMART, GET HIM A BLUE RIBBON!

za gophar
08-21-2003, 08:13 PM
oh well madafaka, sounds like he improved things by speccing you anyway. 6-3 is not a good rec in for the first 2-3 minutes anyway, cause you were spawning, and in the first 2-3 minutes there are still alot of easy people who havent been eliminated yet, so things get harder as time progresses.

Enema69
08-21-2003, 09:23 PM
i like how he said he was owning it up in elim by spawning

anyways

"He was also harassing me by private messaging telling me that in his books I was hiding even though I wasn't."

how the hell is that harassment? he was telling you why you were specced. HARASSMENT. HARASSMENT.

Spider
08-22-2003, 12:52 AM
Just one minor point of clarification: A warning before someone is specced from elim isn't nessecary. The correct thing to do is spec a person that is hiding (w/o a warning) and then at the same time warn them that if they hide again (next elim or whatever) they will be banned from elim.

If you were hiding and Dimboy specced you w/o a warning then that is ok. If you weren't hiding then that is abuse, obviously.

Evoce
08-22-2003, 05:01 AM
OMG EVOCE SAID SOMETHING CORRECT AND SMART, GET HIM A BLUE RIBBON!

yay!

RiP
08-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Enema69
i like how he said he was owning it up in elim by spawning

anyways

"He was also harassing me by private messaging telling me that in his books I was hiding even though I wasn't."

how the hell is that harassment? he was telling you why you were specced. HARASSMENT. HARASSMENT.

dimboy was 0-4 and madafaka was 6-3 then dimboy speced4rec and speced madafaka right after.. If someone was hiding it was dimboy.. Then he starts pm madafaka with things he made up.. HARASSMENT =x

Dim
08-22-2003, 06:27 AM
Isn't it cute? All of rampage backing deez nuts up cus he's a squaddie, when half of them weren't there.

Anyway, Weaver talked to me, nothings going to happen of this, close it already.

Mantra-Slider
08-22-2003, 07:04 AM
isnt it cute that like every player in tw seems to have a problem with you being an <ER>? there surely must be a reason for it :/

Dim
08-22-2003, 07:05 AM
Jealousy,

Oh, and it's only the people like you that have played longer than me and are sorta pissed off about a 13 year old having more power than you.

Mantra-Slider
08-22-2003, 07:06 AM
damnit dont edit your post. now I have to edit mine.

I dont know about the others, but I dont have a problem with age and staff as long as the job gets done.

Im pretty sure there has been other "young" staffers before who hasnt been "hated" like this... Im pretty sure jealousy isnt the reason.

Sudden
08-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Man, we got 13 year old staffers..

come on, 13 years old, ppl running this game that hasn't hit puberty yet? That's pretty sad if you ask me..

That was just a general remark,not aimed towards dimboy..

Ephemeral
08-22-2003, 10:37 AM
So you were being obnoxious, demeaning and arrogant by running your mouth in Elim and got specced on a subjective call on a hiding rule.

So then you figure the best way to handle this situation would to be to let everyone know that you got specced for being obnoxious, demeaning and arrogant?

This is so lame that we must come up with a new word for this kind of behavior, I recommend that we classify this behavior as “Ignoranus” .

Ignoranus (n.): A person who's both stupid and an asshole at the same time

Vitron2
08-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Sudden
Man, we got 13 year old staffers..

come on, 13 years old, ppl running this game that hasn't hit puberty yet? That's pretty sad if you ask me..

It doesn't matter how old someone is. What matters is how mature they are, and how they behave. I'm sure there are allot of 13 year old people out there who Shouldn't be staff, There are also allot of 25 year old people who shouldn't be staff either...(not referring to current staff) Age just doesn't matter in this situation.

Vitron

Evoce
08-22-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Vitron2
It doesn't matter how old someone is. What matters is how mature they are, and how they behave. I'm sure there are allot of 13 year old people out there who Shouldn't be staff, There are also allot of 25 year old people who shouldn't be staff either...(not referring to current staff) Age just doesn't matter in this situation.

Vitron

true but....can somebody be more immature than dimboy?

no!

za gophar
08-22-2003, 06:44 PM
obnoxious, demeaning and arrogant

when i read those a picture of myself came to my head :/

Mandagorian
08-23-2003, 04:09 AM
Dimboy you got to lay off for awhile, you have so much heat on you. Staff might not axe you for one incident but a build up of things.

Kolar
08-23-2003, 04:23 AM
True, staff shouldn't look at age as a factor when recruiting people. But it's hard not to. Not even looking at his age Dimboy is not a very good staff member in my limited contact with him I have had in game. Removing disruptive or just plain bad staffers is not easy when you don't want to discriminate based on age, because it's going to be used by either party.

Tigerex
08-23-2003, 09:11 AM
I'll need to check this to make sure i am right but i was under the informed opinion that no warning had to be given for blatent teaming/feeding but a warning still had to be given for hiding. I'll double check with someone then post again just to clear it up.

Black Alpha
08-23-2003, 02:16 PM
wait a minute...hiding's illegal? :eek: :p

anyway, any time I have seen dimboy in game he has always been nice, funny and helpful, and I'm sure plenty of people can be a lot more immature.

Verthanthi
08-23-2003, 03:55 PM
Plauge Rabbit was 12ish when he joined, wasn't he?

Spider
08-23-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
Then an ER could spec a person for no reason and it would simply become a stupid argument where all we have are two sides to a story and one has more weight to it simply becuase one side is staff. Warnings must be issued otherwise it just becomes a stupid flaming argument such as this one.
It is an ER's story versus some common player's story and who do you think will be believed more readily?

I dissagree. Even if a warning was given it would still be the moderators word against the players. It doesn't make a difference. If a staffer is abusive (ie: not following correct protocol whatever that may be) they get axed. It doesn't matter if the incorrect action is a warning or a ban. Warnings don't prevent abuse... Hiring the correct staffers and axing the poor ones prevents abuse.

We need to spec people breaking these rules in elim with out warnings because it was happening all too often by people that know better. We had people hiding every day until they got a warning then they would wait until the next day to get another warning.

As far as I know this rule hasn't caused any problems.. In this case the issue isn't that speccing without a warning is bad.. The issue in this case is whether or not the person that was specced was infact hiding.

Tigerex: I was pretty sure no warning was nessecary for this type of thing.. be it hiding, teaming, feeding... Check it out and get back to us though. I swear Mama told me no warnings were needed. *shrug*

DUMBRIT!
08-23-2003, 10:03 PM
I thought a warning was ALWAYS needed, unless they were repeat offenders, but I've only been a mod 3 years what do I know

Spider
08-24-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by DUMBRIT!
I thought a warning was ALWAYS needed, unless they were repeat offenders, but I've only been a mod 3 years what do I know

I guess we should ask someone.. lol.. Honest to God, I've heard no warned was needed to spec people in elim that are breaking the rules... You spec and warn them not to do it again at the same time. I'll ask Mama next time I see him.

elitenub
08-25-2003, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by X_Cronic Nightmares
+ You asked how many elims there are a day.. i mean what the fuck you can go into elim once and figure out theres no set limit

Verthanthi
08-25-2003, 07:24 AM
I hate rhetorical questions. They confuse me.

ZeUs!!
08-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Roundabouts confuse me

Tigerex
08-26-2003, 02:19 PM
Babies in animal outfits confuse me.

Mr. Peanuts
08-27-2003, 06:28 AM
dont say ez when u kill, its incredibly noobish

Mayo Inc.
08-27-2003, 09:51 AM
Haha nothing is better than seeing a big fat EZ when I kill some one. I'm never serious, but it really pushes people's buttons. I dunno why but it sets them off.

TopGod
08-27-2003, 12:44 PM
We should have a minimum ?usage requirement for staff, it'll prevent problems like this from happening.

dimboy4axe.

Mr. Peanuts
08-28-2003, 03:40 PM
no top god.

dimboy rules
<3 unF to dimboy

Dim
08-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Cool, I've been on holiday, while you have been talking to yourself.