TWLD and TWLJ Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD and TWLJ Playoffs

I would like to know how you are going to seed them please. Are we going to use a Bracket system? Are we doing cross-conferences? If using bracket system, is it 1 game and you're out? How many games we will play with each team?

Cross Conferences would be awfully silly, since that would be defeating the purpose of having conferences in the first place. Need some kind of co-ordinator to respond to this. Week 9 will be over with in 3 days, and then we have to start scheduling for playoff matches?!?! Don't delay another week to work it out, do it now. No procrastinating!

Also, lock the rosters please.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Cross-conferences would eliminate the one of the two best teams on either side, therfor you don't truly get the two best teams. Unless you made an opinion on which teams should make it (What slowbob tried to do in all of his seasons) to the finals, and make sure they don't play eachother.

But I didn't post this topic for that, someone post to this, as I had a plan for playoffs, for the users to enjoy looking at. How will playoffs go down? Lefty? Crome? Over? Please reply.
    Last edited by Ruby; 08-02-2002, 04:02 PM.

Comment

nah it wouldn't. say ur seeding 4 teams from each side right? hypothetically the top 4 out of the 8 that go on could all come from 1 conference. if u do something like

1. west seed 1 vs east seed 4
      2. west seed 2 vs east seed 3
      3. west seed 3 vs east seed 2
      4. west seed 4 vs east seed 1

for ur first round, and if there are no complete fluke games, u are gonna get the top 4 teams to the 2nd round since the chance of having all 4 from either conference, or any other mix, eliminated is possible.

2nd round:
      5. winner of matchup 1 vs winner of matchup 3
      6. winner of matchup 2 vs winner of matchup 4

thus u still have the chance of getting both #1 ranked teams from the regular season through to the final round, and they do get, hypotheticall, the easiest opposition (which is what the league games are about, seeding).

a first place team would get a 4th ranked team 1st round, the winner of a 2vs3 (the 3 from their conference and 2 from the other) 2nd round, and either 4th from their conference or 1st from the other in the finals.

if the top 2 teams in 1 conference are actually the best in the league, they will not play until the finals either.

think that's pretty clear and pretty much how it should be for an 8 team, 3 round playoff.

if 8 teams from each conference make it, 4 rounds, i'd recommend the nhl format. 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5 all in conference matches. reseedings after the first round and each successive so that the top seeded team always plays the lowest left from their conference until only one team from each conference remains.
      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
      Philos> there is something about you
      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

rand's seems fine, not that i'll be in twlj or twld playoffs.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Hmm.. that's probably the best way... I hope to god they use it.. .... still havn't seen anyone with authority post a repy to this

Comment

For TWL-D, I'm planning to do a double elimination play-off. But, we'll see.

Lots of love,
            Left_Eye
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X