Billiards/Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billiards/Pool

Ok since im not much of an exert on this subject I came here to ask some advice.
    I was out at a pool hall last week playing a game of 8-ball with my wife, sister-in-law and her friend. and got bored, so i made up a new game ..... new to me that is im not actually sure if its new or not but i am asking for some help here. is there any one out there that plays and knows lots of ..... games using the numbered balls if so then leave a message here or any one that knows of a place where i can go to see i my game already exsists? thx all
    "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Err, yes, billiard uses numbered balls. One to, uh, 15, I believe.
    However, perhaps I misunderstood your question. If you would punctuate and exercise the use of commas and paragraphs, I'd be happy.

Gay Powah.
    Warfare> Waerfare, who's that?
    MILITANT> wearfare
    MILITANT> it's lycanthropy for... fares
    MILITANT> bus fares
    ToP_DawG!> yah
    MILITANT> at the full moon, you become a New York City Metro ticket

Comment

ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cut Throat. That is the name of the game we play down here.

How we play Cut Throat-

1) divide up the billiard balls into groups equal to the number of players. 3 =3 groups. something like g1=balls 1-5, g2=6-10, g3=11-15

2) assign each player a group of balls to protect. like payer1=protect group1, and so on. Usually all players do a bounce shot to determin who gets to pick a group first (like drawin straws) whatever u want.

3) so then you rackem up normal (or whatever) and the first person breaks.. each player shoots at other players balls. The object here is to clear the table of the other players balls.. last player ball on the table wins. The game is played from here on out like normal billiards cept u wanna cut other players out and leave your balls alone.

4)So as you Cut your fellow players outa the game you do whatever traditional dishonoring comes and dont forget to call the losers a bunch of ez noobs.

5) winner gets a beer and rights to play and choose next game. and getts to see the b00bs of the other players if he/she so chooses.

:eek:

er something like that... ive never actually played the game sober.

latez
      fluffyspankspam> A lot of people -- comedians, especially -- poke fun at SPAM. Does it hurt your feelings?
      spammy> SPAM doesn't live in glass houses. It comes in cans.

Comment

Re: Billiards/Pool

Originally posted by Ace
        Ok since im not much of an exert on this subject I came here to ask some advice.
        I was out at a pool hall last week playing a game of 8-ball and got bored, so i made up a new game ..... is there any one out there that plays and knows lots of games using the numbered balls if so then leave a message here or any one that knows of a place where i can go to see i my game already exsists? thx all
        OK i shall ask again and try to make some more sence. I made up a new game I want to know if there is some where i can go to find out if this game already exsists? I have been looking for a local games room store in my area but they seem to have gone out of bussiness. I know that 8-ball uses 15 numbered balls and billards uses many more different coloured balls and is structured differently. I am looking for a place to find out about different type of games using the numbered ball game.

Did that make better sence sorry im just barely awake...

Comment

I think you normally would play 8-ball, by choosing the full colored balls or the half colored balls after the break. The player wins by potting the black ball after "his" colored balls are all gone.

You also have the game 9-ball, where you have the balls from 1 to 9, gathered together with the number 1 ball in front and the 9 in the middle, all placed in a prism. The player wins after potting the 9th ball.

Another is called straight ball, almost like 8-ball but you just pot every ball except the black ball, and count a point per ball.
          Hmm, this style has alot to explain, try using google to find it

The first 2 are the most popular styles to play.

I'm sure there was a style to play the numbers on the ball and counting the scores for it, don't remember what it's called.

Greets,

BLeeN
          Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Oh, I got billiard and 8-ball mixed up, sorry.

Here's an online history about pool games. I haven't read it through, though, so perhaps it's just crap, but it might be worth a shot.

http://www.tradgames.org.uk/games/Pool.htm
            Warfare> Waerfare, who's that?
            MILITANT> wearfare
            MILITANT> it's lycanthropy for... fares
            MILITANT> bus fares
            ToP_DawG!> yah
            MILITANT> at the full moon, you become a New York City Metro ticket

Comment

umm there is a game called rotation.

u start by hitting the 1 ball first and you have to hit it first but you can sink other balls after you hit it.

You must hit the lowest numbered ball on the table first. You get the point value of what the ball number is so yeah, it's eZ.
              There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land

You know what will greatly increase your pool table abilities and skills?

Find a copy of Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land .

For the people who have already seen it, enough said.
                When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
                -John

Comment

Re: Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land

Originally posted by JohnCho

Find a copy of Donald Duck In Mathmagic Land .
                  ROFL, i remember that movie from 6th grade
                  :yawn:

Comment

Just play with feeling, i've seen some thinking hard and calculating where to hit the ball etc etc. So boring to see and not even talking about wasting my time, since a game should just take 10 minutes max
                    Last edited by BLeeN; 08-08-2002, 10:00 AM.
                    Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
                      umm there is a game called rotation.

u start by hitting the 1 ball first and you have to hit it first but you can sink other balls after you hit it.

You must hit the lowest numbered ball on the table first. You get the point value of what the ball number is so yeah, it's eZ.
                      Thanks Addy thats it tho my rules were slightly different.

Comment

Working...
                      X