Idea / Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea / Help

I'm trying to register a squad name for me and some friends and we finally decided on a name... register, oops it's taken. We try another COOL name we think up and... taken also. Is there anyway that a squad name can be deleted if it's not being used?

I haven't played Subspace (well.. Continuum) for about a year and a half now and sure enough when I downloaded the game and went into my old account, I still had my squad name and banner as before.

I just think it's silly that people can register all these squad names and not actually have an active squad...

Hence, I think squad names should be deleted after X amount of time if nobody from the squad has been playing.

Is there anything I can do other than adding a ! or . or something to the name?

Please help, give imput!

What you could do is find ?squadowner of these squads, talk to them and ask if its a real squad or just something to trade around, then your quest begins. If it ain't then you'll have to reformat the text so if ou wanted God, make it -G0D- or somethin.

Comment

Chances are the squad name I want is months old... the person who made it isn't playing anymore, etc..

I did try and look up the previous rank lists to see if there was a 'squad' with the name I wanted but of course, nothing.

Is there anyway a sysop or someone can access the squad name lists and do a purge on them if the owner or any player hasn't logged in for 6 months or something?

Comment

They're called name traders. No, sysops can't, I've been trying to find the name "Ruby" for 3 years now, and I've asked everyone/anyone forever now. They can't purge it, even if they're unactive. Pretty silly eh?
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

That's incorrect. Sysops do and have reset squads and names if you can give them a good reason. I wouldn't bet on PriitK or DocK> doing it, but there are a few willing souls in other zones such as MineGoBoom.

Comment

Acquiring the name/squad you want is a daunting task. I waited five years before finally obtaining Jason (my real name) as an SS nickname.

Basically, you need to have unlimited patience. Good luck to you.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Annux..ur an idiot...4 people in subspace can reset names/squads..

Priitk
              The Ghostship
              Platinum-Halo
              Bd Vine

...only Billing Sysops

Dont give the boi bad info
              It's not whether you win or lose. It's how you place the blame.

www.onixsquad.cjb.net

Comment

Where can I get a hold of them?

Comment

Leave the suckers some ?messages or try some subspacesite and chances are, their e-mails will be there if you're lookin for the big bad billing ops.
                  sage

Comment

PLATINUM-HALO is quite often online in DZ. He's a usage whore though, and more than likely you'll find him afk.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X