Week 9 Changes and Play-Offs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 Changes and Play-Offs

Due to week 9 being postponed earlier today, and no lag affected Trench Wars at all, it seems. We are going to allow Week 9 games to continue on, as long as both squad captains agree to play (since it was postponed earlier). Sorry about the changes, but both squad captains have to agree. As for play-offs, they will begin in two weeks. Have fun in SSCU Trench Wars everyone!

Lots of love,
    Left_Eye
    sigpic

And for those of us who were supposed to play today?

Is next week postponed for this weeks Saturday games?

More confusion. =/

Comment

Originally posted by arrogance
      And for those of us who were supposed to play today?

Is next week postponed for this weeks Saturday games?

More confusion. =/
      Actually not. This is going to be tough, but I'm going to tackle this problem head on. Throughout the day, I'm going to be asking the squads that were supposed to have a game today to see if they can play anytime during the day. If they can, they most likely will, but for this, I'm going to have to have TONS of staff support. So, we'll see.

Lots of love,
      Left_Eye
      sigpic

Comment

i hear that Left_eye pees standing up

Comment

On again off again .... sigh.... I'd suggest to keep from screwing up things even more, just leave it postponed as was first stated.
          "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Sieze and KJW said almost everything but one thing:

wtf is assembly convention or whatever?
            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Sonera has an annual convention where they corral the posse and give em all computers to goof off on. Last year they had about 3500 comps hogging the network, and people had a great deal of trouble playing in TW. This years it seems to not even be an issue.
              Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Let me reply to each one.

Seize: This said from a person that cheated during a TWL-B game, and was witnessed by the hoster and a few other staffers? Which was later brought forth by someone who was there when you showed fireballz that you knew how to do it and done it before. And I have seen people do that before, it is a high coincidence that you showed the same signs that people have done before from just watching you. Quite odd if you ask me. Not a very reliable source to be saying such things either.

KJW: It was a bad call to postpone ALL weekend games. I suggested postponing hour by hour (so if the lag did happen to boom in, we could have at least done some league games). This is to help get some league games out of the way due to the hoster shortage we have. We can barely make 4 league games an hour without having either SMods or other people host that shouldn't be hosting.

That is all I think needs to be said for now. I've had enough of this discussion. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Lots of love,
                Left_Eye
                Last edited by Left_Eye; 08-04-2002, 01:13 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seize
                  i hear that Left_eye pees standing up
                  I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

heres an idea, get more staff. A few times this year just before and A-S match ,erat has been asked to host something.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye
                      KJW: It was a bad call to postpone ALL weekend games. I suggested postponing hour by hour (so if the lag did happen to boom in, we could have at least done some league games). This is to help get some league games out of the way due to the hoster shortage we have. We can barely make 4 league games an hour without having either SMods or other people host that shouldn't be hosting.
                      That would have been better... but as that didn't happen they should have left it postponed... it just gets too confusing otherwise.

Comment

Sonera doesn't get us computers, we bring our own 1337 h4x0r m4ch1n3$
                        jee

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
                          Sonera doesn't get us computers, we bring our own 1337 h4x0r m4ch1n3$
                          ..and download p0rn for 3 days :/

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist

That would have been better... but as that didn't happen they should have left it postponed... it just gets too confusing otherwise.
                            Exactly!
                            Waiting until next weekend would not have caused any confusion, but now look at the mess. There will still be games that have to be played next weekend. So now I guess we can expect to hear next week "no games this weekend to make up games from last week" .... OH wait...."we can play them after all"

Not to mention some people make other plans when they think there is no games to be played.
                            "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Idea

Maybe first announce that there's a chance that there's gonna be huge lag. Then if it starts lagging postpone all matches. Don't immediatly postpone because there maybe is gonna be lag..

-bram

Comment

Working...
                              X