Postpone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postpone

geez. there are two options.. 1) you postpone whole weekend 2) you wont postpone anything..

giving ppl option to play or not is stupid... now those newbies (melee, onix) wont play.. ffs what newbies.

(They will lose anyways why to put it on next week?)

Edit: i knew Poid is moron but i didnt know he's that moron..
    Last edited by Server; 08-04-2002, 03:19 PM.
    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
    Server> dont worry mirror
    Server> shark fits your tits
    Peace <ZH>> shut up
    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
    1:Hercules> im level 90
    1:Hercules> in 9d
    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

we make plans after we find the leagues are postponed. not our fault. the message said

We are going to allow Week 9 games to continue on, as long as both squad captains agree to play (since it was postponed earlier). Sorry about the changes, but both squad captains have to agree

maybe u guys have no actual social life and are able to jump to play at the last minute, but we do. sorry, that's how life works
    Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
    Philos> there is something about you
    Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

lol.. i thought we will have matches.. i told my friends i'll play because this is almost last weekend i can play ss and stayed home.. then get online and i found out games are postponed
      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
      Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

we were told yesterday that matches were postponed due to lag that didn't actually happen. if u want to blame anybody blame whoever decided to postpone without actually checking the lag

sry guys, we're outta playoffs, doesn't matter alot, but im hungover, a few ppl aren't on, and we'd like to be able to at least compete in our last matches

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Re: Postpone

Originally posted by Server

giving ppl option to play or not is stupid... now those newbies (melee, onix) wont play.. ffs what newbies.

(They will lose anyways why to put it on next week?)

I came on Saturday morning, read in the TWL page that the matches were postponed, and so i made other arrangements for that day. This is why i didn't show, and probably why others didn't show, justifying that we postpone the match.

I dunno why you think we will 'lose anyways' in a diso TWLD or a pallies TWLJ.. but fear of loss was not the reason for postponing the match.

You should stop making such a fool of yourself before Shriek follows your previous squad's lead and axes your pathetic ass.

Your posting simply makes me look forward to the day when you leave this game permanently. Thanks.
          i'm bored

Comment

Re: Postpone

Vets have no lives, newbies are the socially accepted.
            Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

Actually it's quite the opposite.
              I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

6 of 26 matches played this weekend.

Comment

rule we had our match! We'll use our yellow ships better next time, lol.
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Re: Re: Postpone

Originally posted by eRad

I came on Saturday morning, read in the TWL page that the matches were postponed, and so i made other arrangements for that day. This is why i didn't show, and probably why others didn't show, justifying that we postpone the match.

I dunno why you think we will 'lose anyways' in a diso TWLD or a pallies TWLJ.. but fear of loss was not the reason for postponing the match.

You should stop making such a fool of yourself before Shriek follows your previous squad's lead and axes your pathetic ass.

Your posting simply makes me look forward to the day when you leave this game permanently. Thanks.
                    ... lol ...

First of all.. NOONE has never axed me from a squad. NEVER. So stfu. And what happened to WildFire when they stabbed me in back? lol? GG .. WildFire isnt/wasnt nothing without me. It needs me to work. -nt- heh.

And sure.. i'll leave this game permanently. Because i can do it. I have life yay. I couldnt care a shit if we dont play or not. But if i come home just to play those fucking matches and then some morons wont play because "we dont have to! if you try to force us i'll tell my mom" ... it's just pathetic not to play when there arent real postponement. That's just mo. You can have your own opinion. Everyone does.

And ppl should already know how twl staff acts.. first they postpone and then not. So stay on next time
                    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                    Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

No real postponement? Yes there was.

I checked on the twleagues.org site a few days before our actual match and it said that all matches will be moved to next weekend. I didn't find out that they changed the postponement until Sunday afternoon when one of Doom's matches was already played. I didn't show up for this match because I thought it was postponed and moved to next weekend.

Im sure Melee and Onix didn't refuse to play just because they don't have to or because they just didn't feel like it. They probably didn't have enough players or didn't have their top players because of the possibility that some of them still thought the matches were postponed to next weekend, so they didn't show up, just like what happened to me. Either reason is a good one. It's not their fault that this unfortunate occurance with the postponement happened.

So quit blaming Melee and Onix for other people's mistakes.
                      Last edited by demonfaze; 08-05-2002, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Postpone

And ppl should already know how twl staff acts.. first they postpone and then not. So stay on next time
                        Almost your whole post was bullshit but I'll just respond to this ridiculous one sentence because I'm tired and whatever I say won't go through your thick skull anyways.

Are you trying to say even if matches are postponed we should somehow KNOW that matches will continue? Our top players didn't show up, a lot of them rely on squad emails to get match times etc. because they don't read the TWL website everyday. We all heard it was postponed and we all got an email saying we had a base scrimmage instead. People didn't show up, so we postponed it. These reasons are none of your business and whoever postponed their matches shouldn't need to explain themselves.

It's also very ironic to say "You newbies have no lives" or however you said it when your last point is that we need to stay online and wait even if the matches are postponed for a week.

Also to close, any TWL staff reading this please next time don't harrass us about our matches, if we say we want to postpone them, please don't ask us three more times. (not to mention countless messages from Shriek which ranged from "Are we playing?" to something like "Fuck you pussies play the match and lose" throughout the day)
                        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

it's 3am and i'm bored, and now i feel the need to. . .

Originally posted by Rule

6 of 26 matches played this weekend.
                          first off don't act like this was an isolated instance. over 75% of matches WERE postponed. 3 of these were wb games, one jav, and 2 base matches. melee was robbed of our basing spot so we'll just focus on what u think is an absurd cancellation.

Because i can do it. I have life yay.
                          . . .

But if i come home just to play those fucking matches.

server, i thought u were cool. ur very quickly changing my opinion so i'll instead use my 3am creativity to talk back to ya (you hipocrite). so tell me, what part of ur life are u talking about? the one that you "come home from wherever the hell u are to play some video game" or the part that you whine about other people who actually made plans when leagues were delayed? yeah, i'll admit i was around for those games, but u know why? cuz i was pretty much in bed, dead and hungover. i had other plans to actually go out but that didn't happen, but oh well, that's a consequence of REAL LIFE . or i don't know, maybe ur life consists of whining about a few games u didn't get to play in. i mean hell, if every1 was like u then what, every1 who doesn't make playoffs should cry and start a thread in the forums about how unfair life is. or maybe u'd just prefer everybody to check the slowass twl site every 2 minutes for updates on some conference we know little about and care less about.

holy shit, cry me a river. we're most likely not gonna win either match. they are being played next week. it isn't the end of the world. go make a friend or something

Comment

Sorry

I just have bad temper

Rand you didnt get my point. I got pissed because i'm moving soon.. so i thought ok i could play this weekend since i've played this game for 4 years.. so it would be nice to play rest of the matches. Ok then i get online and see that games are "postponed" but they can be played. My next thought was "oh good.. they will play"... but no.. okay np. I thought they dont have ppl on and we get the basematch then maybe. But then i see enough Melee ppl online to play that match. Why didnt they play? They could have played it. How could've that matter? You're out of the playoffs anyways and those ppl could have fun with playing. Ok but it's like last winters snow. Already gone. I dont care. Oh yea and we didnt have that base match afterall so i went drinking with my friends

I'm sorry for whining and bitching but sometimes i just get mad for no reason. It's just life. Normally i dont even get mad from anything.

I apologize.

later
                            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                            Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

it's alrigth bro

we had about 7 on. i was hung, 2 were inellibible, which meant i've have had to have played. not an ideal circumstancec

and it would have been TOTALLY unfair to everybody on my squad that didn't show due to being told of a postponement. these are our last league matches til twt's and i'd like for some ppl to get some playing time.

Comment

Working...
                              X