Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post suggestions for TWT here

Suggestions (because just complaing won't help):

1. Look into a concrete solution to prevent double squadding and: and use BanG ID or something because just guessing and checking a few people to see about whose double squading is completely useless, make the rules about double squadding and your new sniffing techniques a main priority

2. Allow TWLD and TWLJ squads to play TWBT and visa versa and inside and out and woohoo (Melee 4 TWBT). If not allowed to play the other leagues, how would a squad ever hope to break into the leagues they're missing if not dissolving and reforming?

3. Make a website half as cool as the TWL website, even the same model would be awesome. Great job on the site.

4. Okay this is going to sound weird at first but here it goes: Prevent squads from dissolving. Make it so that in a case where a squad would dissolve, a new leader would be promoted from within (chosen by the old squad leader or if he refuses to choose then some other means would be nessecary, maybe a vote from within the squad, or the "eldest" member to be on the roster who will accept the title), and allow them immunity to the 6 day eligibility rule for the week so they can fill their roster out again.

5. Make a rule to prevent TWL squadcaptains from forming TWT squads. They can dissolve and join new squads but not lead them, I think this would prevent a few unneccesary squad shake-ups during the off season.

6. Politely ask available staff what games they can host ahead of time and have a few backup staff so on call so that you're not out in the cold. With the possible number of squads in TWT there will need to be a lot of staff support!

These are just things I'd like people to consider, by no means are these concrete solutions, pick at them, I want to help the TWL ops to get the ball rolling. Submit more ideas because we know they must at least read them, right?
    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Don't postpone three thousand games.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Webbb, i've already said something about this

Anyways it will be laddersystem, so it doesn't matter if a squad dissolves. Any "new" squad could just get in and play.

Just a few things i want to make clear

Greets,

BLeeN
      Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

oh
        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I'll be talking to league staff privately about this later, but for now my own tuppence worth.

I can understand that league staff may want to encourage newer squads to take part, and I respect that as a good and productive aim, but doing so at the expense of those who made the leagues what they are in the first place is a Very Bad Idea. TWT has always been there for new and old squads alike. Why change it now?

All this stems from the traditional rivalry between TWL and TWT... but that's another well-documented debate which is irrelevant here.

My suggestions would go like this...

* If TWT is determined to dump the established TW squads, the league should be renamed and make some effort at promoting it with a new identity aimed at new squads. TW Amateur League is one possibility. TWL can be left as the league for veteran squads which was its original aim... maybe rename it to TW Pro League or whatever. That isn't meant to be some cheap ripoff of SVS leagues but I can't think of anything better right now

* TWT / TWAL or whatever should then be restructured to follow the TWL format - one round and that's it, the way matches should be played. That way the newer squads have a smooth transition to TWL should they qualify to enter it. Doing this will give new squads something to aim up at, and will increase the competitiveness and structure with TW leagues as a whole.

* As for the website, yes, make it fancy if you must, but design and prettiness mean diddly-squat if it makes the features hard to access. I find the TWL navigation links too small and the overall site text annoying, but that's just my opinion Design should be kept standard between seasons, and development effort that would otherwise have been put into souped-up eyecandy can be directed towards better and more reliable site features.

* This might including sorting out the rostering once and for all ... there have been many instances this TWL season when players have registered maybe three or four (or more) times to be put on a roster and they still weren't added / approved. Why is approval needed anyway? As far as I see it serves no practical purpose. Combine this with the 7-day eligibility rule and chaos can ensue quite easily. IMO the rostering for TWL 4 was the best seen yet, and grats to Slowbob for creating it - a system where a player can register automatically without approval and then request to join a squad's roster (where the squadcap can accept or decline it) is fast, efficient and perfectly adequate. Anything else is just overkill.

All this may just be so much more hot air, but I very much doubt established squads will be happy being left out of TWT if it maintains the configuration it's used until now. I know I'm not, and I'm sure there will be others...
          Old git and mostly harmless former captain of British Squad

Comment

Personally I think TWT should remain open to competition from anyone who wants a piece of the action. I say this as a concerned citizen, not as a hardcore basing addict convulsing at the thought of no more weekly matches.

League squads in TWT gives the newer squads a chance to play against and occasionally defeat the supposed big boys of the leagues. Speaking from experience, that's a huge motivator. If you remove all the league squads from TWT, then the top finishers will enter TWL and possibly get destroyed by tactics and skills that they haven't been exposed too before. (probably wouldn't happen, BUT IT MIGHT!) And one of the most strong points, I think the amount of work required to keep league players out of TWT would be massive, and could be put to much better use.

The only problem I see is how to determine who gets a shot at the bottom rung of TWL next season. I don't think the TWT standings should determine who gets into TWL, as I'm sure some league squads will use TWT as downtime and won't even enter, or perhaps not try as hard. But if possible to sort out the top squads who aren't in leagues, then they should have their shot at the bottom rung of TWL squads and see what happens. That's a little complex, but IMO it's alot simpler than trying to keep league players from sneaking into TWT.

Comment

If you have read some of my posts, Valiant

Anyways it is one of my intentions thats the TWT works together with TWL. So what do you mean with rivalry?

The TWT is just a season like TWL but it gives the top 4 (maybe) to get a free seeding in TWL, etc etc

If you want to know more, just find one of my posts here.

Greets,

BLeeN
              Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

I think TWT should be for everyone while TWL should be exclusive.

EDIT: Also i dont see very much interests from other squads to join TWTs

I think we should do it like last twt where everyone got in whatever leagues they wanted.
                Last edited by Mitch; 08-07-2002, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLeeN
                  Anyways it is one of my intentions thats the TWT works together with TWL. So what do you mean with rivalry?
                  All I'll say is that it wasn't always that way... people who have been around for a while will probably know what I'm getting at
                  Old git and mostly harmless former captain of British Squad

Comment

As Webb said, every squad that is in TWL right now that isn't in a specific branch of TWL should be able to join that branch in TWT.

i.e. if a squad is in TWLD and TWLJ, but NOT TWLB, they should be allowed to play in TWTB.

TWT should be like how it was originally envisioned as a pure ladder, and feeder system for TWL. Basically after a tourney/season TWT teams will be ranked. Then the top TWT teams will rise to TWL while the bottom TWL teams drop to the top of TWT ladder.

Also TWT is where we go to if TWL squads drop out, thereby eliminating people from complaining.

I would like to see TWT ideally on weekdays. Perhaps in the beginning make it exclusive (no TWL at the same time) until the ladder is nicely filled.. then do TWT on weekdays only. Have squads challenge eachother to play (a simple ladder-challenge system). That will make it so that non-TWL squads will always get a chance to play. It will also minimize the time inbetween TWL seasons. You also don't need a schedule or games every weekend for every team thus draining staff.

Finally if the ladder ranking system is done correctly we can be sure that the most active teams will stay on the top, as the inactive teams will slowly drop down.

TWT should be for anyone who wants to enter who isn't already in the same TWL branch.

In an ideal world, TWT would be like IML/AML in the Premier league system. Basically in Premier league there are 3 leagues (amature league, intermediate league, professional league) and each league has concurrent seasons. And at the end of the season the teams rise or fall (much like football leagues in Europe). But I don't think that TW is organized enough as a zone to allow for such. We're having enough trouble keeping 20 squads in TWL without dropouts already. So let's just keep TWT a pure ladder purely for the reasons for getting waiting list teams for TWL.

BTW Webb, in Pro League last season, there was a new rule. Roster lock after round 1. That stopped teams from dropping out mid-season for the first time ever in 11 seasons of Pro League.

-Epi
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Is there going to be any limit on the number of squads going into TWT? Things just get to unorganized with everysquad constantly joining and dissolving every week. Also there are going to be A LOT more players in TWT than TWL, making everything as formal as TWL will be a hassle, the player database will be considerably larger than TWL.

Plus I think TWT should be during the summer instead of TWL, the reason many squad dissolve are because of players going back to school and losing interest or not having enough time. I think the more experienced players of TWL would be much more dedicated and be able to play on the weekends during fall or winter or whenever.

Also have the TWT Forums on this forum setup because Forum HQ is gay )
                      Or atleast a link from here or something ffs.

Yea thats all for now.
                      sage

Comment

there will be someone breakin the rules, just because the squad is in the name of someone else doesn't mean a TWL squad captain isnt running things from behind the scenes. like vichy france.... stupid french bastards.

anyways the whole registering squad for the bang thing is cool...

bring back the tier system (i believe the previous TWL used it) but make it to three or even 4 tiers, giving firstplace squads the opportunity to advance in the tiers. make it entirely OPTIONAL, so if they want to win tier 4 they stay in tier 4. If they decide theyre ready for more competition, compete with lower half of the higher tier, or maybe just the last placed squads.

also add something brand new to TWT not just BT JT and DT maybe spiders, or WZ or something... something to keep it fresh

perhaps new maps, but this is risky because it COULD end up in a rush job so as not to keep people waiting too long for TWT, or end up keeping the people waiting too long to prevent a rush job. but the TWDev guys always do good work

I'd really like to see something new introduced so people in TW, the old and the new, will be interested.
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

All those idea's already have been thought about it.

And yeah Valiant, i've heard rumors about it =/
                          Last edited by BLeeN; 08-08-2002, 07:25 AM.

Comment

my ideas?
                            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

I like the idea of twt being the "lower tier" but in all reality, it's gonna end up being a joke if you try to do that. Nobody wants to be excluded from weekly matches, so everyone will have a second name.

And whoever said that matches should be played in a single round is less smart than me. three rounds equals three times the fun.
                              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Working...
                              X