• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL Season 2

TWEL Season 2 is now running.

Important Information:

The Season

The season will last between 2-3 months dependant entirely on the number of duels played to date.

At the end of the season there will be playoffs for each of the three leagues (warbird, javelin, & spider.) The playoffs will be a double elimination consisting of roughly 2.5% of ranked players.

IE: If there are 1354 ranked players for spider league then it will be a 32 player double elimination.

IE2: If there are 5143 ranked players for warbird league then it will be a 128 player double elimination.

That is subject to change. The playoffs will be fully automated. More information to come on that subject.

Usernames

As before only one username is allowed per individual, however this season will allow each player to change names any # of times they wish. In example if I wanted to switch my TWEL name from 2dragons to 2d then I would login with '2dragons' and use !disable, which disables 2dragons from playing and from ranking, it also gives me a 300 rating loss for each league. I then can signup on '2d.' Should I want to go back to using '2dragons' I !disable '2d' and !enable '2dragons' as it is disabled.

If you have problems using this feature, or have another person who plays on your computer that needs to signup please contact a league up. (!op)

Website

The website will now reflect season 2 statistics. In the near future you'll be able to go back and view past seasons. Banner uploading is still causing problems, if you are unable to set your banner please contact me.

Bot Updates / Rule Changes

- Duels will not end prematurely on double kills
    - Aces only count on games to 10
    - !scoreboard will toggle off/on your personal scoreboard.
    - More updates will occur shortly, such as !rank
    - Games to 5 count for 1/2 the rating change (forgot to mention)
    - You are only allowed 3 duels per user per league per day

Comments/suggestions welcomed, anything to improve the TWEL league system. Thanks, 2d
    Last edited by 2dragons; 10-19-2003, 04:18 AM.
    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Re: TWEL Season 2

Originally posted by 2dragons
    Comments/suggestions welcomed, anything to improve the TWEL league system. Thanks, 2d
    Comments:
    Good job But you still have the Season 1 winners section with the word Javelins spelled Javelines

Suggestions:
    Making games to 10 worth more rating points than games to 5 or possibly making the +/- of a specific duel (eg. a 10-6 duel would result in a +4 for the winner, -4 for loser) a factor in rating points... just so if you ace someone who is in the top 5, you get way more rating points than simply beating them 10-8

Comment

Hurray, I plan on playin lots.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Concerning the limit per duels a day, I think It should be upped to say 5. 3 duels is kind of restricted in my opinion, 5 just seems like a better limit.

Comment

just a couple of suggestions(pertaining to wb and spider duels mostly)...I think that the person who kills should be warped as well as the person who dies because as the system is now the person who dies has a slight advantage since they have an idea where the other person is where as the person who kills does not. That will also help to minimize spawning. Also, when one person dies they spawn with no energy and the person who kills will have a considerable amount of energy more. I think when you kill someone you should be energy depleted as well since it is an unfair advantage to the person who just killed the other person.

Comment

Someone tell me if this TWEL shit has a spider division. If it doesn't, someone tell me why this TWEL shit doesn't have a spider division.

Yes, I'm so fucked up right now I can't even begin to read what's already been posted. I imagine someone has already used the word 'spider' in a previous post. I do not care. Give me the low down.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

It's warbirds, javs, and spiders, J.
              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

That's pretty fucking cool. I can't condone playing in it, though. You see, 2dragons had a hand in it. He's a wankshaft. I don't get involved with things that have been involved with wankshafts.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

We miss you Jase
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Keep the faith my friend. Keep the faith.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Just a few questions to ask since it's hard to fit them all in ?message and your most likely busy with other things to pm.

How does the bot work with the servers? i noticed it lagging behind about 15 seconds at times between kills and such. I hope it's not tied in with the website.

I also noticed the new scorebox, showing real time scores. Is it really possible to have tiles with 10 diffrent changes and have the bot change every tile instantly without bugs and other stuff and without lagging the bot even further then it really is? if not then i don't think it's a great idea.

another thing i noticed is score resets. Are scores reseted every day in ?go duel now? i'm sure it doesn't effect the website and stuff but there is a lot of new or diffrent things that i was hoping you could fill us in with so we don't bog you down with questions. You only went over a few of the many bugs/features being implemented.

if anyone else notices bugs and stuff diffrent or what ever feel free to post them. i'd be happy to be updated since i don't have a lot of time to play anymore. Have fun and don't take TWEL too serously and ruin all your time off now! hehe

Comment

The lagging bot I'm not sure about, nothing related to the bot itself.

The realtime scorebox should be able to update fairly real time without any hinderance to duelbot.

Scoreresets are never suppost to occur, I'm not sure how they got reset, but it is being looked into.
                        TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                        TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                        TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Any1 knows anything about TWEL Playoffs? When will start it??
                          "I'd rather die fighting then live as a coward" (Bloody Wolf)
                          "Everyman dies... but not everyman really lives." (Bloody Wolf)
                          "The kill is not the only skill to survive" (Mad Tiger)
                          "The Black Wind howls..." (Magus)
                          "Only the DEAD have seen the end of the war" (Plato)

Comment

twel will never start 2d is being lazy

Comment

Yeah! The nerve of that guy spending his time on something besides us! And we are paying him nothing too! Lazy bastard.

Comment

Working...
                              X