This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elimination Arena in TW Section

I decided to create this thread for gripes, praises, questions, or anything you have to say about the TW Elimination Arena! I'll open the floor for conversation.

I think we need to have a newb room for Elimination. It would be funner to learn with people of your own skill class. I admit, get owned by all the hardcore players easily and sometimes early in the game and it doesn't help to lose and be speced early to get better. I think that the rating system should be used to put someone in the newb elim or normal elim. So if you excell in newb elim then you move on to normal or if you start screwing up in normal elim you get demoted until you get better. It's just a thought I had for a while now. If any players (especially mods and other head guys) wanna discuss this it would be greatly appreciated. CYA
    DELETED

It would be nice to have elim setup like that. But you would need to base it on ratings, and alot of old players play for just fun. I think elim system based on Usage would be nice, having elim/baseelim for ppl with something like +500 hrs (actually prefer +1000 but doubt it would work), and one for ppl with -500 hrs. It would also discourage aliases. If you base it on ratings your being too "elitish" but if you base it on usage, your just basing on time played, and experience. True some players could just build up their usage by speccing, let him, if their that motivated why not .

Elim for new players, would be encouraging, alot of the lameness comes from older players, and if your brand new to elim, you may think its quite a lame place, in some ways it is . Some ppl would argue thats how new players gain skill is by playing with better players, and in some ways its true, but they would also have better chance if they could play with ppl of same skill level. Problem is you would have aliased players just building usage, and playing new player elim.

I think its good idea, just dont know how well it would work.

Rule

Comment

I think Priitk needs to program in auto-reset of Roboref every night for games older than 2 weeks that are saved. Actually is that there? Because I've noticed that old elim games have actually been deleted two days in a row.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Leave elim as is, let the newbies think (and know) that elim is lame. Let them go back to pub and work on base skrillz.
        1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
        1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
        1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
        1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

I don't like elim that much anyways. I wonder what the effect on your learning curve will be if you either play against other rookies or against veterans. And to say leave it as it is, says who? You probably don't get shot 10 times in a row to be put in spec for another half hour....
          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

i think there needs to be a courtesy day. in which no one spawns. and if they acciddently do it, they appologize. that or if the bastards spawn they are banned for 24 hours, whichever is easiest to do.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
              i think there needs to be a courtesy day. in which no one spawns. and if they acciddently do it, they appologize. that or if the bastards spawn they are banned for 24 hours, whichever is easiest to do.
              Great idea!
              Then, while the spawner bastards type their apologies, someone TK'es them and also apologizes. Then, all 3 hug and go to a room named #twgay to develop their beautiful friendship.

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
              1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
              1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
              1:Zloy> Why
              1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

Zloy ~

Remember when me and you used to go to #TWGay....oh the times..

Comment

Then, while the spawner bastards type their apologies, someone TK'es them and also apologizes. Then, all 3 hug and go to a room named #twgay to develop their beautiful friendship.
                  Ha Ha, good one. But, I think we should just limit the number of deaths in elim, because I agree with some of you that it is boring to watch everyone for a half an hour while people try to die 10 times. I think people would learn faster anyways if they play more often in elim, so downing the max death limit would help alot. That goes same to base elim (but that's a different post). I always say in elim, hey lets just do 1 or 3 or 5, but not 10 that takes too long. People dont listen.

And by the way, if you come into elim while I am playing (err...getting owned, spawned, and speeced) you can see the Dameon Angell Stat Tracker in action. It tells you how many people are in the left in the game, who has the most kills, least deaths, and best w/l ratio!! I still need a co-announcer!!
                  DELETED

Comment

Base Elim is getting out of the base?!

I tried playing base elim and I was suprised how little the action was in the base. Let me summerize my experience in Base Elim. I started it was Javelin Elim to 10 (that evil number) and I began and 3 people fired their lasers at me, unamused, I kept flying to only die by those lasers. Then a couple of spawn kills happened. I finally got into base to be blown away from 2 bombs. Some more spawning occurs. I become locked in a duel with another javelin outside the base. I get swarmed by some lasers and die after the duel. Some more bull crap outside the base. Result : Dameon_Angell is out with 1 kill and 10 deaths. And I only got into the base a couple of times. And Ironicly the name is baselim and the action wasn't there. My solution : make it so that all kills outside of base are 1st warned then specced.
                    DELETED

Comment

~ Whoever you are

Lookma, we gots a miracle worka!

Comment

Leave elim alone, newbies have to learn to play from the best (me).
                        Doughnut - Assistant Ban Operator

Comment

Annux ~

Yeah...too bad IlyaZ is so old and unusable now =\

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                          1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                          1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                          1:Zloy> Why
                          1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

Huh?

I'm sorry for being unknowledgeable about this, but what is IlyaZ??
                            DELETED

Comment

Enter elim to learn the real meaning of:
                              * vulcher
                              * lamer
                              * lucky shot
                              * cowards
                              * dodging
                              * overclassed
                              * patience
                              * lagskill
                              You have to love it to play it.