No announcement yet.

Hmmm with the allstar game coming up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm with the allstar game coming up...

pick your starting rosters for it. Just for fun.
    I will be using the 3-1-1 lineup.

Team 1:
    Terr - Mitch
    Sharks - Mantra-Slider, Cig Smoke
    Javelin - Domi
    Spiders - Dabram, Lebero, Thundermare (he could also be jav)
    Warbird - Stab (aka Ruby)

Team 2:
    Terr - Brookus
    Sharks - a2m+, Windreaper
    Javelin - Top
    Spiders - Raspi, Jack, Arobas+
    Warbird - Rocket_

OOO what a fun match that would be to watch.
    But there are many other people that are just as good in spiders/javs/sharks that could easily fill those spots and make it a great game to watch. So don't yell at me if you think my picks suck. Also, i would've put Tobe in there, but he is not on league roster.

EDIT: My spelling is awful. Also, The spider line on team 1 was way to strong... SO i balanced it out. (jack, dabram and thundermare LOL)
    Last edited by Adman; 08-11-2002, 10:23 PM.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

I think Rocket_ belongs up there but i think he only played 1 TWLB match this season, so maybe he shouldn't get to play.

I think you should have subs rather than just 16 guys, more thna 16 guys deserve it.

Terr: brookus
    Sharks: Jonas, Mantra-Slider
    Spiders: Spybreak!, arrogance, Thundermare, Lebero
    Jav: Domi

Terr: Mitch
    Sharks: a2m+, Windreaper
    Spiders: Dabram, Jack, Raspi, Erathia
    Jav: 2dragons

off the top of my head
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Terr: Brookus
      Spiders: LaBero, Raspi, Arobas+,
      Sharks: Windreaper, Mantra-Slider, Eeks

Terr: Warportal
      Spiders: Ezo, Ghost Child, Domi
      Sharks: Miau, RyanG
      Jav: Mr. Mew

just wanted to mix it up so i left mitch out... but he is definetly an all-star
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Terrs:
        brookus, warportal or Mitch
        - The 3 best terriers in trench wars at the moment.

Javs:
        BoKi, Domi, Thundermare, HellzNo! or mr. mew
        - Javelins from the 3 best basing squads at the moment.

Sharks:
        Windreaper, Hannes II, Mantra-Slider, Miau, RyanG, a2m+, Pearl Jam, Wix, DanyalDenyo
        - Sharks work in pairs, but these are probably the best individuals.

Spiders:
        Jack, ghost child, No one can kill me, Domi, Raspi, brookus, ConcreteSchlyrd, Eeks, Raspi, Thundermare, Wix, Project [V-irus]
        - Tobe should be included, like Adman pointed out. And I'm sure this perticular list could go on forever, as there are far too many good spiders to mention. These are just some of the top of my head.

Warbirds:
        Divine Rides, Kuukunen or Domi
        - I know nothing about warbirds.
        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

terr: warportal
          sharks: windreaper, gnome
          jav: thundermare
          spiders: raspi, jack, labero, fruitang
          sub: pearl jam

vs

terr: brookus
          sharks: a2m+, jonas
          jav: 2dragons
          spiders: domi, arobas, ghost child, sleepy weasel
          sub: nockm
          Originally posted by Diakka
          Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Team 1
            Terr: Crome
            Sharks: KickAshMan, Fieryfire
            Jav: Path of Daggers
            Spiders: banzi, Blood, bhang, Myth
            Motto: "You got questions? We have a answer!"

Team 2
            Terr: Epinephrine
            Sharks: Dynasty, Rule
            Jav: Disqualifier
            Spiders: Chemical, Foxy, Joe, Rage
            Motto: "They hate us because they fear us...They fear us because they love us...They love us because.......We are...Gay..."
            I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine
              Team 1
              Terr: Crome
              Sharks: KickAshMan, Fieryfire
              Jav: Path of Daggers
              Spiders: banzi, Blood, bhang, Myth
              Motto: "You got questions? We have a answer!"

Team 2
              Terr: Epinephrine
              Sharks: Dynasty, Rule
              Jav: Disqualifier
              Spiders: Chemical, Foxy, Joe, Rage
              Motto: "They hate us because they fear us...They fear us because they love us...They love us because.......We are...Gay..."
              i am sure Siege could've done well in this base league had they stayed in BUT i ahve never seen epi terr, wait a sec i've never seen epi base....
              There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

I took one person from each team in twlb. Two from the teams in the top 4.

Team 1 :
                Terr: warportal (Diso)
                Sharks: Windreaper (Crips) & Jonas (Diso)
                Jav: mr. mew (Pallies)
                Spiders: Anon (Paladen), 404 Not Found (NS), Pearl Jam (Pallies), & Valiant (BS)

Team 2 :
                Terr: Mitch (Light)
                Sharks: Castromarx (WR) & Domi (Light)
                Jav: Top (Shriek)
                Spiders: Erathia (AS), Fruitang (AS), Children of Light (Vortex), & Golden Knight (Onix)

Clearly, I had to leave some excellent people off to make sure every squad was represented. For a few, BS & Vortex, I must confess to having no idea who the best player to select would be, so I just went with the captains. I also grouped people from the same squad on the same team.

llater,
                Tony

Comment

bah. i should play spider too
                  Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                  Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                  Server> dont worry mirror
                  Server> shark fits your tits
                  Peace <ZH>> shut up
                  Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                  Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                  1:Hercules> im level 90
                  1:Hercules> in 9d
                  1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                  1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

ok, i just wrote a bigass post TWICE about the terrs in twlb. And my cpu crashed TWO FUCKING TIMES. So u can all kiss my hairy nutsack cause I'm not writing it again!
                    http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

All Star game is going to be fun, don't get me wrong, but it's just going to be like a private basing game with a very select crowd- playing with the same people all the time is usually what makes basers great, especially sharks and spiders. (i.e.- if both mantra and jonas are selected, they should be seperated unless the other teams' sharks are a tandem as well= not likely) Anyways, right now i'm feeling stand offish about this thread so I'm not going to put a list up, but maybe I will later.

here's what I know for sure:

warportal is one of the terrs, he gets a lot of hype, and I think a lot of it is just people who don't really know repeating what they hear on these boards, but that guy is the truth.
                      Mitch is not the other. No offense to mitch, truth be told he's much better than I ever thought he'd be- but brookus, spybreak, buckaroo, mythrandir, or someone else I'm forgetting are much better representatives as INDIVIDUAL best terrs.

Originally posted by Kookie
                      I think Rocket_ belongs up there but i think he only played 1 TWLB match this season, so maybe he shouldn't get to play.

This is by no means self promotion- but this is a TWL all star game- I think the players needed to have actually played a decent amount in TWLs in the ship they're nominated for to qualify. My friend RogerMexico, who i consider to be the best spider in all of basing, only played in a couple games- so he's not a TWLB all star.

Originally posted by brookus
                      Spiders: Anon (Paladen), 404 Not Found (NS), Pearl Jam (Pallies), & Valiant (BS)

I see Peej nominated for Shark and Spider- the shark nomination is laughable, and although peej is one of our (if not the) best players overall- and he has played spider a couple times extremely well lately (have you played spider three times total in yoru career peej, is that about accurate?)- I'm not exactly sure where these nominations come from, and makes me skeptical as to the whole process. I'm sure Peej will second this.

Finally, how do we decide what the teams play? Do we do multiple teams? I'm a warbird believer, but much of the league prefers four spiders, then there's the two jav people- several games with different lineups? several teams with different lineups? how's this handled?
                      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
                        This is by no means self promotion- but this is a TWL all star game- I think the players needed to have actually played a decent amount in TWLs in the ship they're nominated for to qualify.
                        Sounds fair.
                        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                          Terr: Brookus
                          Spiders: LaBero, Raspi, Arobas+,
                          Sharks: Windreaper, Mantra-Slider, Eeks

Terr: Warportal
                          Spiders: Ezo, Ghost Child, Domi
                          Sharks: Miau, RyanG
                          Jav: Mr. Mew
                          Woo! My team will win cause we have eight players, including three sharks, and the other team only has seven.

llater,
                          Tony

Comment

Sounds like an interresting subject. I'd probly say...

- Terrier: Warportal(Disoblige)
                            - Sharks: zXer & Cries(A-S) (We're something together altrough we're not in the same squad)
                            - Spiders: Erathia(A-S) - Raspi(Siege) - Ghostchild(Disoblige) - Arobas+(Cripples)
                            - Jav: Domi(Light)

This team is probly the best spider-terrier-jav team, maybe zXer and me aren't the best, but anyway...

You should know that facing an different terrier gives the battle another sense. That's why the best lineups can be kinda lost with a terrier they aren't used to play with.
                            When you strive hard to learn knowledge, you discover that you simply lost your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas

Javs:
                              BoKi, Domi, Thundermare, HellzNo! or mr. mew
                              - Javelins from the 3 best basing squads at the moment.
                              Actually Anti-Scrub is in 3rd.
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X