Play-offs for TWL-D and TWL-J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play-offs for TWL-D and TWL-J

As you have noticed, this past weekend was the end of the regular season of TWL-D and TWL-J. Now the play-offs begin. Bleen (who is taking over for Overstrand for the time being as leader of TWL-J) and I have chosen to do the method of double elimination. A team will have to lose twice in order to be out of the play-offs. The first four squads of each conference will be in the play-offs. Good games to the rest of you! The seeding will be as follows for the starting matches: W1 vs. E4, W2 vs. E3, W3 vs. E2, and W4 vs. E1. I will try to get a picture of the exact way I'm going to do the play-offs, but for now, you can go visit http://www.clanbase.com/ec5_tree.php in order to see an example of the double elimination process. Thank you for your time. Good luck in play-offs. For those of you that didn't make it, good luck next time in TWL!

Lots of love,
    Left_Eye
    sigpic

dammit, at least we aren't going to get our TWL spot taken.
    If we would have beaten Paladen in javs or Drastic in duel (both terrible losses)- we'd be the guys who are going to get beat in their first two games
    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Or if we would have gotten to play Wildfire instead of Drastic we would have gotten our 5th win and been in 4th. Kinda unfair how teams didn't have to play the same squads.

I'm curious how Drastic went from a 3-5 rec to a 5-4 rec by
      winning one game. Either the forfeit loss vs Criples was overturned, or someone messed up.
      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 08-12-2002, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
        I'm curiouso how Drastic went from a 3-5 rec to a 5-4 rec by winning one game. Either the forfeit loss vs Criples was overturned, or someone messed up.
        Well, originally, it was a 0-25 loss for Drastic since they thought destroy and Cinema were the same person. It later turns out they aren't. So that was fixed.

Lots of love,
        Left_Eye
        sigpic

Comment

id like to put my 2 cents if thats ok.

i think it would be better to make a bracket playoff with no 2nd chances.

w1 vs e4 - winner goes to the semis
          w2-e3 - same
          w3-e2 - same
          w4-e1 - same

then lets suppose the winners were all from the west.

w1-w4 - winner to final
          w2-w3 - same.

then w1-w2 - wins.

All played at best of 3 first one to get 2 victories wins and final played at best of 5 , just like tennis tournaments , much better the finalist had to actually be undefeated and plus u would get suspense till the end cause if u allow losers to continue in the final there would be an undefeated team and a team that lost once. guess who wins
          There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

sleepy. i totally agree. i don't really care my squad didn't make playoffs since i won't be here anyways. but when a squad like doom comes in and takes over for a squad every1 was getting a free win from, it places the guys who already got their win at an advantage.

also, playoff format really seems too complicated for it's own good. i think i already posted a decent looking format:
            http://forums.trenchwars.org/forum/s...=&threadid=567

double elimination really seems like a redundancy in this format. just make it a best out of 3 (played not one after the other) and u'll get the best teams. . .
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Just a reminder

You should take the negotiations seriously since they ARE for playoffs.
              "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

The forfeit wins and teams playing against doom rather than unite/wildfire type squads is really why a playoff involving more than the top 4 squads would have made more sense. Playoffs should be the opportunity to fix those errors.

Comment

Actually we have taken over for Shinobi, which was hardly a squad "everyone would get a free win from", it would easily crush melee, just as we have.

Comment

maybe, maybe not. i don't really feel like this is a point that needs arguing (even though they lost to sk8 and we beat them, but yeah, watch out eh). the fact still remains squads were put up against different competition, and thus, outcomes could have been, and probably were changed.

and hey, i'm not hating on ur scary named squad, i mean me and poid had fun kickin the crap outta u in our game, it's too bad the rest of our team died or maybe we coulda taken you off the little cloud ur on

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

"i don't really feel like this is a point that needs arguing (even though they lost to sk8 and we beat them, but yeah, watch out eh). "

Ouch. Cheap shot considering Shiran and Roi d/ced during that match two times each. I would like to see you beat a squad like sk8 in a 3v5 for most of the match.

"i mean me and poid had fun kickin the crap outta u in our game"

I wouldn't call an 11-10 rec "kickin the crap" out of us.
                      Last edited by demonfaze; 08-16-2002, 05:10 AM.

Comment

keep readin bud, 8-0 til it was a 2 on 5. really enjoyed the game, don't start pms'in over it.

and their lagging out is a side effect of those 500 pings, one of the more influential factors in ur winning all those games, so dont whine about it

Comment

I don't care what you "started" out with Randedl, its how you finished that matters. I find it funny how you blame the rest of your team for losing the match. But from looking at a lot of the recs you got in your past matches, seems they can do a lot of blaming you.

Also it wasn't their "500" ping that really caused them to d/c Randedl, it was their ISP's that d/ced on them, which happens to anyone occasionally and randomly. You don't have to "lag" to get d/ced from your ISP, or cable modem.

Also its a very ignorant comment to suggest we win most of our games based on the fact that Shiran and Roi lag Randedl. In most games we play in, at least one of them sit out, either Roi or Shiran so they both don't play. Also, we've played many games where their ISP either d/cs them are they lag out leaving us short handed. So I really don't think that helps us in the match, which is one of the reasons Shiran has or is going to get an ADSL and Roi a cable modem.

I also don't see Shiran and Roi mvping every single match or even getting great recs in matches, our entire squad is talented and we don't rely on 1 or 2 players to get us through a match. We would actually prefer they don't lag at all which would help us much more in winning matches. But thats nice, if you want to think that Shiran and Roi's lag actually helps us win matches, go right ahead with your ignorance.

Comment

Thats not ignorance it's a judgement based on his experience with roi and shiran.

Comment

Mitch, its ignorance based on the fact that he doesn't play WITH Roi and Shiran, and doesn't have neither Roi's or Shirans lag so he doesn't understand how their own lag may effect them.

Comment

Working...
                              X