Publicly hosted basing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publicly hosted basing

Melo hosted boki this afternoon. At its peak, around 70 people were in the arena. I'm a big fan of people hosting basing, but 30 vs 30 is a bit much. It becomes pretty much random fire. In 2flag, maybe it could work, but its just a guess.

My complaint isn't that people like basing, that is something I find very positive, but can we find a way to try to keep games to a reasonable number of folks? Maybe set up two basing games at once if the arena hits 20 players per team? It's not the greatest suggestion, because it requires to <ER>s... but it's something.

The only problem i ahve with hosting public basing is that if a team starts losing, people leave. It serisouly pisses me off.
    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Completely agreed. Maybe you can lock the arena
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

if i lock it, they can still leave.

Comment

Well.... what's wrong with just replacing people who leave?

Comment

Damn, pub basing always deteriorates.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

I love staff's newest sentiment - 'Public basing sux! We give up! Let's just host for our ghey little friends and hump each other in some private arena!'

And what kinda fooking moron hosts 30 v 30?!?!

The reason why people leave is because anything more than 15 v 15 is TOO FAWKING LAGGY. People will lag to spec and give up. NEVER host public basing with more than 15 people on each team, and even then 15 is somewhat laggy. 12 v 12 is optimal. And try to pick terriers that you know are good. Wait, none of them ever play _public_ basing anymore so I guess that won't work. And try to make sure the good sharks are spread over both teams! Wait, they're all too good to play with "public people". That won't work.

In summary, FU to all hosts who waste staff manpower/resources hosting private basing for a handful of gheylerds. Thx.

As for 70 people showing up when public basing is hosted: Hmm, maybe it's because people never get a chance to play it anymore and they all want public basing badly. None/few of them post on these forums, so don't expect any outcry from them when staffers go and exclude them from private basing games. Solution: HOST MORE PUBLIC BASING, MAYBE EVEN TWO AT A TIME TO HANDLE THE HUGE UNTAPPED DEMAND FOR IT. ERs WHO WASTE MANPOWER HOSTING PRIVATE BASING FOR A SELECT FEW NEED TO BE AXED. IMMEDIATELY. THX 100% COTTON BEWARE OF DOG.
              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

yeah, no one ever bases anymore. even i odnt, have to admit. usually i just spec and chat. i dont play much but im on alot.

the only things i ever do are the elims, tourny, and SD's.

I think the reason people dont play pub anymore is because you cant win. You have so many events based around winning, you run them and everyone flocks, wanting a chance to win.

Comment

Lots of people play in pubs, mig. What I'm talking about is publicly hosted basing.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
                    And try to pick terriers that you know are good. Wait, none of them ever play _public_ basing anymore so I guess that won't work. And try to make sure the good sharks are spread over both teams! Wait, they're all too good to play with "public people". That won't work.
                    Actually Louie, a lot of people love public hosted basing. I will leave just about anything for a pointbase, fatbase, or 2flag. Lately there has been a severe decline in hosted basing. Why do some of us turn to private basing? For exactly that reason.

Give me four publicly hosted bases in a row and I, for one, will be there. Don't give me that "we think we're too good for everyone" shit.

llater,
                    Tony

Comment

Ooooooooo, look at how fun this game will be with 62 people playing....

http://www.geocities.com/jhpels/SS.html?1029266355700
                      :yawn:

Comment

The future of basing in Trench Wars, is dependant on, has always been dependant on, and always will be dependant on the development and encouragement of basing in pub.

Everything else is a short term fix that benefits a select few.

Comment

louis, i do host public basing events. I have only once seen you there to help keep the teams even.

I pick terrs to keep the game basically even.

Even then the sharks are good BUT A TEMA CAN't JUST BE 2 SHARKS and a TERR. THE other members have to help to with 5 or 6 javs on a freq... you get my point?

Thanks.

Comment

public basing events:
                            freqs of 20v20 or even more.
                            and 50% of those fuckers leave when they're losing. so it ends up with 10v20..

private basing events:
                            u have normal freqsizes
                            competition
                            and no one leaves when their team starts losing.

-bram

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
                              Lately there has been a severe decline in hosted basing. Why do some of us turn to private basing? For exactly that reason.
                              What do you mean by "decline"? Quality or quantity? Both can be attributed to the overhosting of private basing...
                              'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                              sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Working...
                              X