This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go ALTBASE

I would appreciate your input on this new base I made. Let me emphasize that this is by no means the new public map (nor a joke). It could perhaps be a map used during Pure Basing Days or just a regular basing subarena.

I tried to accomplish the following things with this base:

1) Cut down on the LeviTerr's destructive power and ability to totally ruin baseplay by placing a protective wall around the base and flagroom. I do not wish to eliminate LTs completely and it is primarily aimed at the LTs on private freqs. The design forces the LT to enter the base and thus has more chance of getting killed (use antiwarp!).

2) Some people might find this feature somewhat icky, but it seemed to work out pretty well while during hosting. The base has 4 flags, 3 in the flagroom itself and 1 in the lower section of the base. The flags are 50 (kill)points each, so if a team has all 4 flags it will be the same amount as current pub.

This encourages the teams to try and conquer the middle section as well and it might lure more people into the base to get the 'easy' flag. Also during hosted/priv games the score should be somewhat closer together, giving the attacking team more chance at a comeback. The difference is not that big though.

You can find this map in ?go ALTBASE

Cheers,

Arilou Lalee'lay

good stuff i saw this map around the same time as newpub... its pretty interesting but i dont like the 4 flags
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Honestly Ari, I dislike it like snakes don't have armpits.
      I got 50 tokens, lets go to Chuck E. Cheese's.
      sage

Comment

I like it ari!! gj!

I would have hosted it already but I left my <ER> tag in my other pants which on their turn have been misteriously forgotten at Goddess' appartment.

anyways it's a nice design with a lot of potential during peak attendance hours.
        http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Speculation is very nice but what we need is a proper test and a subsequent report on the test.

Get bizzy

Comment

yeah its better than ?go newpub....

entering message for ?go newpub "Welcome to the future Trench Wars map. Post your comments on the TW Forum"

if ?go newpub is the new pub map for TW i will cry, why does it state this in the message.... WHY!!?!?!??!?

anyways... your map has some good potential... i like it plenty, but not as the new pub map. I still like the one we have more than any of the ones iv seen.

Comment

With a different tileset, I'd vote for this as the new pub map f0 sh0. :]
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

with a different tileset, Jason could be BRIGHT ORANGE f0 sh0 :/
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

sokay, don't like the lack of a good side entrance. Right now, a levi could hide in those closed off lower left/right sides and take pot shots through the grates without being chased out. I'd open um up and everything would be peachy keen dandy.

Comment

it looks like the jav lose a lot of their defensive shots. i do like the multi flags, makes you work for all your points.
                    To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                    brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

new tileset would be nice. i'd have to test out the gameplay aspects before commenting

Comment

I dun really like the multiple flags.. or more like the one that is outside "flagroom".. cos u can't really defend that lower one and i think it would end up so that defending team would leave the lower flag be and the attacking would always just pick it up.. what i am meaning here is that the lower flag seems kinda pointless strategically (is that a word?)

The other 3 flags are kinda good, cos team gets rewarded if it gets into the flagroom..

Comment

looked at the new board, went for a test run with nobody in it and made to the top in good time, so i like it. again green is not the best color, but i my be color blind too, hehe. good work and hope to try it out with plp in it.
                          I'm not what I seem, and I seem to be very thing I'm not!!!

Comment

Having multiple flags means it doesn't feel like Trench Wars.

And the entrances to the lower room are too few and cramped.

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
                              with a different tileset, Jason could be BRIGHT ORANGE f0 sh0 :/
                              Have you looked at the Cripples forum lately? We ditched the BRIGHT ORANGE 'cause I came up with a new color scheme to match our upcoming new website.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X