TWL-D and TWL-J Play-Off Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL-D and TWL-J Play-Off Games

Bleen and I have decided that it would be a better choice to have the best out of 3 round games, like the old TWDL and TWJL games in the past. For the people that have no clue what I am saying, in short, there are 3 rounds to each game scheduled. If a certain squad wins the first 2 rounds, the "game" is over and the 3rd round can be played for fun (won't count). If it is a tie game after the 2nd round, the 3rd round will be the tiebreaker. That is how the games will proceed for TWL-D and TWL-J Play-offs.

Lots of love,
    Left_Eye
    sigpic

WHy on EARTH woudlk you change somethignf or the playoffs? thats just stupid. I always liekd the 3 roudn system and felt the entire season should have been done in the 3 roudn system, but if it was 1 roudn all season it should be 1 round for playoffs.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

And you speak for the minority on that one. Most do agree with the decision and think it is well made, considering 3 round system gives people a better chance at showing "true" skills.

Lots of love,
      Left_Eye
      sigpic

Comment

In fact, 1 round system shows true skills. It shows who can and cannot choke. Choking shows weakness in one's skills. Although I like the 3 round system more, I would have to agree it's kind of silly you put it into place for the playoffs, but not the season If I had 1 say for next season, it would have to be best of 3 matches, because it is much funner to play like that. Although, thanks for implementing this system, it'll work nicely.
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

the nba and nhl switch to a "best out of" format for their playoffs. soccer has a home and away combined score (somethin that might also have worked here: 2 games, combine the 2 scores, team with the most kills wins). major league baseball has series (even tho their regular season is kinda different). the only major sport i can think of that does do a single elimination is football. and that's only because of the physical demands on the players and the fact that it would be near impossible to do so many games (and not have 3/4's of ur team injured)

the regular season is for seeding (even though all the teams dropping out kinda hurt this past one). the playoffs are to determine the best team of the league. a best out of 3 format will have more of a chance of the "best team" winning than a disputed team
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Kookie does not speak for the minority on this. I made a post about this, and as you can see alot of people dont agree with this drastic change so late in season. Anyways you and me talked about it, you know how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
              In fact, 1 round system shows true skills. It shows who can and cannot choke. Choking shows weakness in one's skills. Although I like the 3 round system more, I would have to agree it's kind of silly you put it into place for the playoffs, but not the season If I had 1 say for next season, it would have to be best of 3 matches, because it is much funner to play like that. Although, thanks for implementing this system, it'll work nicely.
              More or less what i think. It should have been 3 rounda from the begining.
              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                the nba and nhl switch to a "best out of" format for their playoffs. soccer has a home and away combined score (somethin that might also have worked here: 2 games, combine the 2 scores, team with the most kills wins). major league baseball has series (even tho their regular season is kinda different). the only major sport i can think of that does do a single elimination is football. and that's only because of the physical demands on the players and the fact that it would be near impossible to do so many games (and not have 3/4's of ur team injured)

the regular season is for seeding (even though all the teams dropping out kinda hurt this past one). the playoffs are to determine the best team of the league. a best out of 3 format will have more of a chance of the "best team" winning than a disputed team
                Yup completely agreed.

Although you guys probably should of announced this a bit earlier. Because some gametimes have already been set. Sorta sucks when you set two games in a row then you find out that they are best of 3, so you might be sitting there playing 6 games in a row (can you say burnout?).

-Epi
                Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                X