TWL Playoffs- The Proposed 3 round, Pros/Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Playoffs- The Proposed 3 round, Pros/Cons

If you have read twl site you will have noticed that 3 round playoff games are being proposed, so each opponent you face you play 3 rounds that day. They are still deciding on the time limit, but considering 15 minutes, or 20 minutes. The current time limit that was used in leagues was 30minutes games, only 2 games this season went over that timelimit. According to one staff member most games are under 15minutes. I dont know about this.

I figure that if you have really competive squads as we do, in playoffs games last longer, so cutting the time would not be good.
    If game is 15minutes..the team that has better start wins the round, not necessarily by elimininating their opponent but beating them on points. You could say the better team wins? but does it, not really, the team that starts better wins, plus teams might win by +2,+3 points. Ive seen many a good squad be down in points till near halfway or end of match, where they come back and win, but they wont get this opportunity if time runs out. 3 rounds is TWT format its not TWL Format as far as I know it never has been TWL format, so to make this change 3-4 days before playoffs starts seems drastic. It also changes the way players will play.

If your squad plays 3 rounds in a hour in one league, will they be ready to play another league right after, the majority of squads are playing in both leagues. So if you have a 3 round game at 3pm est time will it end in time, for your 4pm est start in another league, and even if it does, does it give you any time to take a break, practice a few mins before not really. if a game ends in first 2 rounds it does, but if it goes 3 rounds it could possiblly even cut into next hour. So should captains schedule their matches 2 hours between maybe this might work, then again its asking ppl to be online a long time. Their is pros to 3 rounds you get the chance to come back if you lose a round. Even if a team loses it can still make it to finals, because they are keeping double elimination regardless of amount of rounds. I think the finals have been 3 rounds before and I think thats good. I think 3 round playoff games could work provided theirs enough time between league matches, I dont think they should be played consecutively. If your squad is in only in one league you dont really have to worry majority of squads in the twld/twlj playoffs are in both leagues. Anyways I am split minded on this, let me know what you think. Thanks.

Rule
    Last edited by Rule; 08-14-2002, 05:50 PM.

Light is quite confused too, if we play 20 minute or more rounds, it will cut into our jav/basing match games, if our time is scheduled for 2 and 3 EST.
    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

i think they should stick to 1 round games to remain consistent with the format of the season, obviously 3 round games benefit some squads and hinder the chances of other squads advancing. they should have remained consistent.. but oh well more action for the speccers such as myself.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
        i think they should stick to 1 round games to remain consistent with the format of the season, obviously 3 round games benefit some squads and hinder the chances of other squads advancing. they should have remained consistent.. but oh well more action for the speccers such as myself.
        Thats my point of view also.

Comment

1 round games should be what's done except for the finals which would be cool if they were best of 3 (30 minute rounds). I think by then it will be alright.

I would say semi-finals too, but with the double elimination format that will make a lot more teams play this which would be too time consuming.

-Epi
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

disagree. i've always thought half an hour games are pretty tedious, but that should be kept. the best out of 3 is a better format and i already said why somewhere else. . .

and ur captain is ur captain for a reason. they have to take into account all these factors. but for the squads who played all 3 leagues, and witht he fact that twlb doesn't have playoffs, dedicating 3 hours (2 hours to games and an hour in between) is the same demand upon players as they had in the regular season. that or just play on different days. figure it out
            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
            Philos> there is something about you
            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
              disagree. i've always thought half an hour games are pretty tedious, but that should be kept. the best out of 3 is a better format and i already said why somewhere else. . .

and ur captain is ur captain for a reason. they have to take into account all these factors. but for the squads who played all 3 leagues, and witht he fact that twlb doesn't have playoffs, dedicating 3 hours (2 hours to games and an hour in between) is the same demand upon players as they had in the regular season. that or just play on different days. figure it out
              I agreed with you in the other thread but not here. 1/2 hour games are good because most games go to completion. If games were only 15 mins, you'd probably find that many of this seasons games would not of went to completion, in fact they would only be 1/2 way finished. Having only 15 minutes to prove yourself (even if it is best of 3) like the old TWLD format really sucks because it means it leaves you no time to "pick up your game" which is what makes leagues fun... you can sorta play bad in the first 10 mins then come back as your squad picks up their game.

Hmmm my typing is at an all time not-making sense mode so I hope you got the jist of what I wanted to say

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Yep, it turns out that we have 3 matches in a row on sunday. 2, 3, and 4 pm EST. our dueling game being the first match, so now if the rounds are more then 15 minutes we'll drag over to our next scheduled match, which atta suck, because our next match is a TWLJ. So that means we can double drag over the time, ending up really late for the basing match at 4pm.

Though, it could be all solved because there are 1/2 less squads playing this weekend, because it's playoffs - or if we finish our rounds fast, which probably won't happen, because we'll try our hardest at these games.

Oh well, I just hope staff is on top of their game this weekend, if they aren't it'll be hella chaotic. Good luck staff
                I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

i said they should keep the half hour games as a constant, but the whole point of them are to have the games goto completion. if u want this just let the teams play it out. stopping a great game after half an hour i think seems silly. if u want a time limit in there, make it one that might actually affect the games, if it is just for show take it out.
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Are you sure there isnt the way like first game on first weekend, second game on second weekend?
                    Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                    Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                    Server> dont worry mirror
                    Server> shark fits your tits
                    Peace <ZH>> shut up
                    Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                    Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                    1:Hercules> im level 90
                    1:Hercules> in 9d
                    1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                    1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Well, i'm sure staff will give us a little postpone until our ld and ljs are over like when they ran long in twt

Comment

Working...
                      X