Bullshit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullshit

This is what WAS posted on TWL web site.......

TWL-J: Shriek vs. Onix - No time has been decided upon however both squads have replied. The time we will set for this game: Saturday 4pm EST

TWL-B: Paladen vs. Onix - Onix has not replied and forfeit the game.

Elusive have not replied to scheduling a time for TWL-D and TWL-J, therefore the rules call for a forfeit, they are now knocked out from the TWL-D and J playoffs.
    This will NOT be changed

Now seems it HAS been changed and all these teams have games again. Some squads have all ready informed their teams they don't have a game this weekend. Nice going TWL staff, again you screwed things up.
    "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

It's everyone's fault but your own. Typical Floridian.

Comment

KJW,

To clarify: after a long discussion with the smods we found out that the message that you posted there was written in haste, and after careful examination of the rules, the proper procedure was taken.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

They aren't sellouts like you.

Comment

Perhaps TWL Ops should restrict the posting capability to one or two people. This is at least the third time when something has been posted and then changed within a few hours. It's to the point now that announcements should be ignored because more than likely they will just change.

Also, how is it possible to change the rules to TWL in mid-season? The forfeit rule on scheduling has been removed. Why bother having rules in the first place if you are simply going to adjust them as you go? Crome, will a fixed set of rules be in place for next season?

llater,
          Tony

Comment

KJW, it's your own fault for not reading the rules. It says squads have to respond by 3:00 EST Thursday in order to be represented. For you to tell your squad that you have no game before that time is simply a blunder on your part. There is no TWL staff 'screw-up' here.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
              KJW,

To clarify: after a long discussion with the smods we found out that the message that you posted there was written in haste, and after careful examination of the rules, the proper procedure was taken.

-Epi
              I think KJW was complaining that any annoucement on the twl.org web site should be the final decision by the TWL Ops and be a trusted source that follow the rules. In addition it said "This will NOT be changed" then changed was deceiving to the squads it informed who had already read the first post. Captians who saw the first post told their squads there wouldn't be games and therefore messing up internal squad arrangements.

The TWL Ops probably made another delay in the TWL season because of jumping to the gun again.
              Last edited by FLaBiN; 08-16-2002, 12:24 PM.
              "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong" -Mahatma Gandhi

-FLaBiN
              flabin@trenchwars.org

Comment

I think it's clear what should happen here, Pallies should be admitted to TWLD (are we talking about twld or twlj- either way) playoffs, 4PM is fine.
                Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
                  KJW, it's your own fault for not reading the rules. It says squads have to respond by 3:00 EST Thursday in order to be represented.
                  Umm, where do you see this in the rules Mitch?

KJW offered several times for Onix. Onix never responded by the deadline. Under the old rules (remember a few weeks ago?), this would mean a forfeit for Onix. Now, apparently, times are simply assigned.

For you to tell your squad that you have no game before that time is simply a blunder on your part. There is no TWL staff 'screw-up' here.
                  Yes, because when the TWL website *says* that you won your match and you tell your squad that you won your match, this is your fault for not expecting the website to change. Good call Mitch. Remember that if the TWL website posts that Light is Champs. You shouldn't go around saying you're Champs, because the info could change at any time.

llater,
                  Tony

Comment

Umm

I believe the site was changed about an hour after posting the original. I understand if it was a day, but an hour. Come on. We even informed everyone to go to the www.twleagues.org site again because we changed it. Are you really going to lose more than 1-2 players because of this ? if so, im sorry.
                    "The strong move quiet, the weak start riots"

Comment

Re: Umm

Originally posted by Crome
                      I believe the site was changed about an hour after posting the original. I understand if it was a day, but an hour. Come on. We even informed everyone to go to the www.twleagues.org site again because we changed it. Are you really going to lose more than 1-2 players because of this ? if so, im sorry.
                      he shouldn't have had to lossed any, thats the point
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Your tell me to check the rules when TWL staff doesn't even know them?!?!? News posted on TWL site.....
                        "After a *cough* good discussion we had and looking at some of the rules"

Instead, games are first called a forfeit, then decisions changed? Maybe some people should read the rules BEFORE they make those decisions that effect so many people.

I know the rules and it only makes common sense that you SHOULD assign game times to one of the times that was requested by the team that DID try to schedule the game. That didn't happen. So if one squad will not respond then both squads get punished ..... where is the logic in that? I hope TWL staff can learn from their mistakes and do a better job in the future.

Thanks for your time, I'm done with this.
                        "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Comment

Re: Umm

Originally posted by Crome
                          I believe the site was changed about an hour after posting the original. I understand if it was a day, but an hour. Come on.
                          Yeah, true. so imagine how upset we(cripples) were when you changed our standings when we had the win for like 3 weeks!You have yet to reply to my ?msg. If you are going to make such a huge change.. atleast give a simple replay. Winner goes to the playoffs between drastic and cripples. no questions asked. the way you run things crome.. im actually looking forward for you leaving.
                          RaCka> how can i get you here
                          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

My bad, didn't see onix didn't offer, nor did I see the first update.

Comment

bottom line: twl site said "this will NOT be changed". i saw it when i woke up. somebody brings it to my attention a little later on that it was changed.

Are you really going to lose more than 1-2 players because of this ? if so, im sorry.
                              2 players is a quarter of that basing team and, if say, both those players are yer top terrs or so. . .

anyways, i don't care, just thought i'd point out that twl dug itself this own hole to climb out of.

posting in a less hasty mind frame cudda saved this one
                              Last edited by Randedl; 08-16-2002, 04:16 PM.
                              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                              Philos> there is something about you
                              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Working...
                              X