TWEL Season 2 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWEL Season 2 Playoffs

The tournament brackets are populated and available at http://www.trenchwars.org/TWEL/index.php?a=tourny

The playoffs will likely start on the 19th of January. And you will have a few days to complete each of your duels. More information will be posted shortly.

Until that point: Post your opinion on matches for the tournament. Any matches look good? Possible future matches that could prove interesting? Anything else you see?
    TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
    TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
    TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Ok, I can't see whats going on at the end of the Loser's bracket tree, but will it eventually give the winners in the loser's bracket a chance to get 1st or 2nd. Or is the Loser's bracket just for 3rd place?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Yes the end of each bracket just kind of ends. However the winner of each bracket will play each other.

Should the person from the loser's bracket win the first game they will play a 2nd as it takes 2 losses to be removed from the tournament.

Comment

What if you can't find your partner to play against in time. How do you determine who gets the forfeit win and who gets the loss?
        Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 01-12-2004, 02:38 AM.

Comment

I have a very interesting idea for this. Basically it goes as follows.

You login and can't find your opponent so you do

:duelbot:!here

And it marks you as being there. Every 1 or 2 hours you can use !here (or whatever it will be) and it will count that. So you can get up to 12 'here' credits a day. If you and your teammate never meet it simply sees who was online more based on the 'here' credits.

That make sense? And if someone was insane enough to get every credit then obviously the other person never showed up or they would have played.

Anyway the bot side of this has yet to be worked out and I'm hoping to get it finished before the 19th. =)

Comment

2d ... just to let you know already I won't be making the duel w/Holydude in the spid tourney. So he has the forfeit win. Gluck all who are playing!

Comment

I dont think the brackets make any sence...
              Normally the # 1 and #2 would meat in final.
              Now however they'll meet each other in 2nd round.
              Thats strange. And for the losers bracket, if you got in the losers bracket, it easily possible you get to play the same person as you played first round. Im just taking wbleague as example...
              Letts say mole loses from fission.
              Then fission gets to play prolly mattey.
              When he loses and mole wins against exceed, they get to play eachother again. thats weird.....
              so i would suggest some bracket changes to make it more fair to everyone.
              TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
              TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
              TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
              First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Yeah he's right. The NCAA does 4 region brackets setup like this.

Example: http://www.final-four-basketball-bet...aa_bracket.htm

I'm not entirely sure how you would set the rankings up for a 64 team bracket if you don't divide it into 4 16 team conferences and do it just like the NCAA brackets (which I'm sure would require more coding you would rather not do). But I'm sure if someone put some time into it they could figure it out.
                Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 01-12-2004, 06:17 AM.

Comment

As for the !here command, it would be very easy to abuse. Login do !here, log off. Hell even if your opponent was online you could just do a !here and logoff and hope he misses one of his !here's so you get a free win. I know I personally could pull this off if I wanted to.

It's hard to tell before the playoff starts how big an issue this is going to be, but with no set schedule of when to play matches... I know if I was lined up to play someone on like Sk8 or something I might never run into them even if I'm on like 10 hours a day every day looking for him.

What would work best is probably a scheduling system similar to TWL, but that's more coding and plus for the majority of people who won't have trouble finding the other person having to show up at a particular time is a huge pain.

Comment

Yay, according to the brackets I get to play Rough. Just my luck :P
                    - k2

Comment

Ya i've done some double checking and see that propery seeding is done a bit differently. Also the seeding for the loser's bracket is different.

If I can change it with not too much effort I will, but if not I'm really not going to worry about it for this season.

If you login just once an hour to do !here if your opponent is on at all you'll hit them so.... Any suggestions to improve the idea are welcome.

Here's an example of how a 32 player double elimination tourny should seed:

http://www.foosballheaven.com/pdf/tournament32bc.pdf

Comment

Is there any way that you can have a bot message both players once every hour, just as a reminder that there is a match. Kinda painful to keep ?find=player all the time. Leaving messages don't exactly work either.

About the brackets, since the number one player was the most successful player in the preliminaries, if he wins his first round, shouldn't the next game be the next easiest contender, namely the pair that are ranked near the middle, 37 and 38. So the winner of the 2nd vs 63rd would play the winner of 36 and 39, and so forth. Thought it would make sense this way, because eventually the top 5 might end up being eliminated amongst each other before semis.
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR
                          I dont think the brackets make any sence...
                          Normally the # 1 and #2 would meat in final.
                          Now however they'll meet each other in 2nd round.
                          I dont think it would matter if they would play eachother again, becuase this is to see who is the best at dueling if they cant beat the person they cant beat them.
                          Mess> nice lame newb
                          vb> sorry practicing for twl

Comment

Good idea kim, I will do that and use that as a way to track players. The bot can do something like:

'You have a TWEL Warbird Tournament Duel to play: are you available to play?'

If you respond with 'yes' then it records that and if both players respond to that it tries to setup the match.

Comment

con-fused

If ur going with the uelBot:!here thingy, I dont know if that will work, I could go on every 2hours, put !here even if the opponent is there...if he challenges me..I dont have to accept? So I can just log off and get more !here's then he does, so its ez win for me. I think Sleepy Weasel said it, have set days and time for ur duel like TWL, more work, but less complaining/whineing.
                              -Hero*
                              P.S. Please make it clear how it will work out so I know
                              the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X