On the topic of Blueouts and Spectator Chatter:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the topic of Blueouts and Spectator Chatter:

A lot of you ask for no blue (aka blueout) during a TWL match. Why do you do it? Is it because you don't want spectators to spam in pub? Is it because you don't want spectators to harass you? Or is it because you don't want to see any trashtalking against you from the squad you are playing?

I want to bring to the attention of everyone, that there is an option to ONLY lock the blue chat from spectators. This means that players who are playing in the game can still talk to eachother. Whether they are saying "ez" or "nice shot" this option is here. At the same time, by locking only spectator chat, you can be sure if anyone types, they are doing it at their own expense (waiting to get tked).

There are advantages to allowing players talk. The first is that all major games are blueout basically. Wouldn't it be much more fun for spectators if they could see some trash talking between the players as they were playing? Likewise for players, wouldn't you like the comfort of yelling at your enemies, or even being really nice to them and saying "nice shot" while you are playing (without the nasty hassle of private messages) but not have to worry about specs spamming you out?

I think that TWL would be much more fun if blueout only stopped spectators from talking instead of stopping EVERYONE.

Here's how to do it (for mods/ERs):
    1) type: *lockspec
    2) type: *lockpublic

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

That's a very good idea. I hate not being able to talk trash.
    Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Fun to trashtalk? Indeed.
      However, this poses another problem - typekilling.

Sure, just don't type could easily solve that problem, but you know as well as me that it's not going to happen. If you were given the opportunity to chat during the game, you'd do it, thus typekills would occur, and whining would increase. Personally I like your idea, because I don't care about typekills, if I'm dumb enough to type, then I deserve to die, but a lot of players do not agree with me.
      "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

thats the whole point jonas. people whoare dumb ro slow enough to type get killed. that makes it more interesting. You have to force yourself to stop typing, which adds another dimension of difficulty to the game. Also, you can plat mind games with people. trashtalking gets on peoples nerves, and it affects everyones game, in a positive or negative way..

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
        Asia Minor> maybe not
        Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
        bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
        bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
        bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
        bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

It does avoid the problem where one person starts squad messaging the other, and they respond in kind, and noone ever hears the whole conversation because they can't hear what their own squaddies said.

Comment

Very well said Hellzno.

I almost always talk shit during elim, and never complain about type kills because it's my own damn fault... I think the same attitude should be taken in twld.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Hmmm games are hosted in public for the public to watch and just like all sports you have crowds chanting, abusing etc, you cant change humanity.

Comment

Sports also play on home and away fields.

In Trench Wars, some squads may always be targets and never have a "home field advantage".

Besides, unlike pro sports, spectator messages will scroll off potentially important squad communications. It's not like baseball fans are allowed to run onto the field and stand in front of the third base coach calling for a hit-and-run.

Comment

That sounds like a great option. But it should stay that- An option. Onix and especcially Attack talk a LOT of trash during the games and I don't want to take the time to read it. Give them the option and they'll talk trash (embarrass themselves).

Someone said it "if they give us the option to type we'll type" well if you type something I'll read it- and those are the worst tks of all, I have enough trouble keeping up with team chat.
                  I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Annux> Blue out, Jew Hank.

Comment

i agree with hellzno
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

All the same for me :/
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X