I've asked this before, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've asked this before, but...

...has anyone got an idea how to bypass an HTTP proxy server? I have a computer in my flat connected (by ethernet $$) to my university server. Unfortunately it has a http firewall, so i cant play ss. Ive tried HTTPort, but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas???
    Well, very simply, it's a biscuit, but it is also a cake - think of it as the transvestite of biscuits. They're about the size of, well, a biscuit, and they're basically a disc of sponge, with a bit of orange-flavour jelly on top, covered in a thin layer of chocolate.

Well HTTPort should work fine, in combo with HTTHost.
    Just download Htthost and install it on an external server with a permanent Internet Connection (use the computer in your flat for this purpose).
    Then when your behind the firewall at your univeristy you'll need to install HttPort and set it to specifically use your HTThost only.
    I used this technique in combo with Trillian to get around our schools proxy.

Alternatively you can got to sites like: http://www.sprintbiz.com/icc/app/sim/
    And connect to MSN thru there.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Hmmmm wont that mean I have to play ss at university then, as opposed to being in my flat? (or am I being incredibly stupid as usual). Also, if i wanted to play in my flat i'd have to install HTTHost on the university server, whose hard drives are erased everytime you log-off...

If on the off-chance i'm right (probably a million to one), is it possible for me to be able to use HTTPort at my computer at my flat, connected to a HTTHost on an external computer (such as a personal computer)? Now im not able to use the computer in my family home for this purpose, so im wondering if there's anyone who'd be willing to "host" me for the sake of my sanity... if anyone is mad enough to do this for me, or can think of another idea (or even correct what i'm saying), reply to this post or e-mail eviljaffacake@hotmail.com

Nice one.
      Well, very simply, it's a biscuit, but it is also a cake - think of it as the transvestite of biscuits. They're about the size of, well, a biscuit, and they're basically a disc of sponge, with a bit of orange-flavour jelly on top, covered in a thin layer of chocolate.

Comment

Ugh, I missed the point completely.
        So on the Pc in your flat you connect to the internet thru the university's proxy server?
        Well the principle remains the same, you'll need an external computer (not behind your uni's proxy/firewall) on which you install Htthost.
        Then you would have to install Httport on the pc in your flat and you should be able to get things running from there.
        The problem now is that you will have to find an external server that is not behind a proxy/firewall (obviously) and has a permanent Internet Connection (pref. online 24/7 so you can always connect to it).
        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
        X