Uridium
01-21-2004, 06:01 AM
ez

Dabram
01-21-2004, 08:21 AM
Uridium > Nailed

ZeUs!!
01-21-2004, 08:29 AM
In England we have this thing called glory hunting. Its where someone decides to support a big team just because they are winning a lot. They don't go to games, they don't buy merch, they'll only maybe watch the team if they're on telly but they only support them because they are winning. Its the worst thing you can do in football. The opposite of this is TO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM, SELL OUTS

NaiLed
01-21-2004, 12:50 PM
I SUPPORT PLYMOUTH ARGYLE (WHO WILL GET PROMOTED TO DIV 1 NEXT SEASON SO THEY CAN BEAT IPSWICH)

I AM NOT GLORY SUPPORTING. I have always supported Man Utd, and I always will.

Mr. Peanuts
01-21-2004, 01:24 PM
blackburn rovers fc for life.

sexy wooden spoon
01-22-2004, 02:57 AM
British twats...u and ur tea....and ur crooked teeth, damn u all.

All hail residence of the kingdom of the spoon!!!!!!!

ConcreteSchlyrd
01-22-2004, 03:22 AM
See, this is why I'm a Celtic fan.

Neil Lennon forever.

ZeUs!!
01-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Why is it people think everyone else is a glory hunter not them? You're a glory hunter for supporting a distant, successful team, including if everyone in your family since Olaf The Hairy supported Man Yoo.

Bobby Petta is the superior of Neil Lennon

NaiLed
01-22-2004, 02:03 PM
I've bought man utd shirts and got to see them play

watch out for plymouth next season

Tera
01-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by ZeUs!!
In England we have this thing called glory hunting. Its where someone decides to support a big team just because they are winning a lot. They don't go to games, they don't buy merch, they'll only maybe watch the team if they're on telly but they only support them because they are winning. Its the worst thing you can do in football. The opposite of this is TO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM, SELL OUTS

Some people are poor, can't buy tickets nor merchandise...

btw, English hooligans are stupid and screw up football....

eehh
01-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by NaiLed
I AM NOT GLORY SUPPORTING. I have always supported Man Utd, and I always will. not? your 15 and support manure.. go figure

<edit>btw, spurs forever</edit>

Mr. Peanuts
01-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tera
btw, English hooligans are stupid and screw up football.... sigh, that was a stupid statement.

im gonna come over there and throw a chair through your window and loot your house.

NaiLed
01-22-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
See, this is why I'm a Celtic fan.

July 1st. Not long now.

Fit of Rage
01-22-2004, 10:45 PM
I live in Florida. I have all my life. Does supporting a team (Philadelphia to be precise) that's far away where my family lives and has lived for three generations make me a glory hunter?

Cumulonimbus
01-22-2004, 10:59 PM
Celtic have the best record out of any team in Britain right now (played 20 won 19 drawn 1). Their home record is, played 10 won 10 scored 42 let in 4, which is over 4 goals per game.
This clearly isn't glory hunting :P

3Stripes
01-23-2004, 12:33 AM
i live in california, look who i support

ZeUs!!
01-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Thats ok 3stripes, you don't have any decent sports in America so everywhere's far away, I feel your pain.

Fit, is there a Florida team?

Cumulonimbus
01-23-2004, 08:46 AM
that is still no excuse to support Arsenal

eehh
01-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Cumulonimbus
Celtic have the best record out of any team in Britain right now (played 20 won 19 drawn 1). Their home record is, played 10 won 10 scored 42 let in 4, which is over 4 goals per game.
This clearly isn't glory hunting :P and what good opposition do they meet (other than rangers)? i mean, Partick, Kilmarnock, Hibernian and so on.. it isnt exact the best teams they play against.

Originally posted by Cumulonimbus
that is still no excuse to support Arsenal i agree with that!

Mr. Peanuts
01-23-2004, 12:12 PM
i dont support them but i reckon arsenal is the best club in the premiership, they just need to get their act together.

NaiLed
01-23-2004, 12:16 PM
they are too reliant on Henry

ZeUs!!
01-23-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
i dont support them but i reckon arsenal is the best club in the premiership, they just need to get their act together. What the fuck? They're playing great football atm and top of the table. What part of their act do they have to get together? They've got a world class team, they're soon to build one of the countries best stadiums at Ashburn Grove and they've got the second best player in the world according to the FIFA World Player of the Year.

Ewan
01-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Chelsea all the way (And btw Zeus, before you start accusing me, i have supported Chelsea long before the days of Mr. Abaramovich) I remember the days with Mark Stein and Paul Furlong and when Gavin Peacock was our best player.

(I also support Farnborough Town who are my local team (They are in the Conference) They beat Aldershot (who are rivals about 2 miles away) 4 - 0 yesterday.)

~E

Mr. Peanuts
01-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ZeUs!!
What the fuck? They're playing great football atm and top of the table. What part of their act do they have to get together? They've got a world class team, they're soon to build one of the countries best stadiums at Ashburn Grove and they've got the second best player in the world according to the FIFA World Player of the Year. well from what i have seen, they play incredibly well, then they start to drop, so its quite up and down.

You really need to obvserve them for like a few years to notice this.

ZeUs!!
01-30-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
well from what i have seen, they play incredibly well, then they start to drop, so its quite up and down.

You really need to obvserve them for like a few years to notice this. WHAT???
YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT YOU THINK A TEAM'S FORM OVER A CURRENT SEASON IS A DIRECT RESULT OF THEIR FORM OVER PAST SEASONS AND NOT A REFLECTION OF HOW GOOD THEIR PLAYERS ARE? YOU SURE YOU'RE NOT WATCHING SNOOKER? What the hell do you mean a team goes 'up and down'? In the grand scheme of things, every club goes up and down. Dennis Law relegated Manchester United in the 60's, Hungary were one of the best international teams in the 50's. Why the hell are you saying that I don't understand you because I haven't 'observed them over the past few years'? What the hell do you mean start to drop? If its over a period of a season then how far do they drop because they always finish in the top three? Whoa, free falling. You do know football isn't the sport with the oblong ball, right?