PDA

View Full Version : "pure basing" sucks ass

trimreaper
08-24-2002, 11:33 PM
I have nothing but pure hatred for this crap. Why take away the most interesting part of the game? Why so goddamn often? This blows donkeys. I will play again when the game is whole. Am I alone?

Troll King
08-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Why do people complain about pure-basing ruining their fun for a weekend, without realizing that they ruin basers' fun EVERY DAY?

Richard Creager
08-24-2002, 11:42 PM
Yes you are alone, and 12 and sexually confused, now stop whining and go play EG.

pv=nrt
08-25-2002, 12:11 AM
gg
give me my 72 hours fo fun without having to spawn levis every once in a while to get them to go away so i can base!

Mayo Inc.
08-25-2002, 12:13 AM
yeah dont bitch about a weekend buddy.. basers live with your prefered settings 90% of the year.

za gophar
08-25-2002, 12:16 AM
troll king, that was beautiful, i could never have said it better!

Mayo Inc.
08-25-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by za gophar
troll king, that was beautiful, i could never have said it better!

well... you could have... but saying it better would have created a terrible strain on your body which would either kill you or leave you paralyzed from the neck down.. and nobody wants that.

Bilange
08-25-2002, 02:11 AM
Nice replies, dudes :) (I like the "gtfin EG" part.. :) )

Neodis
08-25-2002, 03:00 AM
As young as the maturity in this group is I'm still mostly impressed with this forum. ;P

Anyhow, basing rules! When I logged in and saw 476 ships all in the base having a huge chaotic blood fest I thought, "Swweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Warning: Exageration might have influenced the number of !'s used)

I'm a dueler, I don't normally base. So I'm coming from the other side I guess. I hate nme levi's and mostly dislike allied levi's. I spend half my time out of base effectivly dueling Levi's to keep them from wiping everyone out in the base.

As to restrcited freq's? How can you say no? It gets everyone involved and keeps the teams balanced.

Verthanthi
08-25-2002, 05:57 AM
Along with the amazing basing that it provides, pure base weekends show us one more thing: who the good levis are.

If a levi can sneak its way into flagroom while 30 people are battling it out in lower.... Thats a pretty dern good levi.

If a levi makes it to safe, buys his bty, and gets on a terr... thats uh... a good levi? maybe? I think not.

Superted
08-25-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by trimreaper
I have nothing but pure hatred for this crap. Why take away the most interesting part of the game? Why so goddamn often? This blows donkeys. I will play again when the game is whole. Am I alone?

like you said its just 72 hours out of every 2 or 3 weeks, in the rest of them week syou can leviterr and cloaker spawn as much as you like but dock does this as a decision for whats good for the trenchers, he doesnt take into accoutn what YOU want in specifically because the game doesnt revolve around you.

Machine of God
08-25-2002, 08:50 PM
yes... levis are the scum of the earth, but they are still a part of the game. A part that is fun to chase, kill, spawn, cloak, lame and laugh at. To me they are fun to lame in, and be lamed in.
Being a levi is like a whole new part of the game and when it is discovered great things will happen!

Some of the best players in this zone are the levis and levi-terrs (MADCOWZ) taking old shots to the limit and innovating new ones.

Getting to the point.... I think they should make half of the pubs pure basing and half of them not. Would that not solve the problem for everyone? Are there any problems with this that I do not see?

I have been basing a little more recently and i know how annoying it is to have a big blue bomb blow away your terr and half the team... but isnt that what this game is all about? annoying things to overcome making it more entertaining? IS THAT NOT WHAT ALL VIDEO GAMES ARE ABOUT???:rolleyes:

So I ask you all not to complain about the levi-terr.. but to embrase it... and kill it.... lame all levis you see and laugh!! MMAUIAHAHUAUHAUHDUHAADAND ddfvkskfjdgn :D

Maybe if the levi-terr stays it will make people in this game realize how important it is to have someone roofing as well :P

Tobe
08-25-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Machine of God
Some of the best players in this zone are the levis and levi-terrs

Dont push it.

Verthanthi
08-25-2002, 09:10 PM

Getting to the point.... I think they should make half of the pubs pure basing and half of them not. Would that not solve the problem for everyone? Are there any problems with this that I do not see?

Yes, that it isn't possible.

Adman
08-25-2002, 09:10 PM

pubs all have to have the same setting gg and STFU.

Machine of God
08-25-2002, 09:37 PM
adman.. i could react to your last comment but i would rather not be immature

and I would like to see you lev-terr half as good as someone like pure_luck, tobe

Adman
08-25-2002, 09:45 PM
i just don't give a fuck, be mature all you want.

Just try to be 25 when your 12 newb.

Machine of God
08-25-2002, 09:51 PM
sigh... and this is what our staff is made of

i would like to refer to pusher's signiture at this time adman

PaulOakenfold
08-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Adman is open to suggestions...

Nickname
08-25-2002, 10:10 PM
Adman isn't staff, but thats a good try.

Machine of God
08-25-2002, 10:30 PM
well he was.. i dont keep track of those types of things

Acid Tank
08-26-2002, 12:15 AM
Who hell made idea "Pure Basing Weekend"? I can say he is 100% an idiot.
Gtfo ?go twlb if u want some pure basing, but keep public arena normal! :mad:

Mattey
08-26-2002, 12:49 AM
Do you just disregard all the previous posts and interject your moronic already-stated opinion?

Eeks
08-26-2002, 12:52 AM

and I would like to see you lev-terr half as good as someone like pure_luck, tobe

I would like to see him lev-terr half as good as domi.

Merry
08-26-2002, 12:57 AM
the pure basing owns. i cant understand why u dont hate all the levis :mad:

Richard Creager
08-26-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Acid Tank
Who hell made idea "Pure Basing Weekend"? I can say he is 100% an idiot.
Gtfo ?go twlb if u want some pure basing, but keep public arena normal! :mad: You are a motherfucking retarded jackass, shut the fuck up, we'd play twlb if it was hosted you piece of shit, of course staff won't host basing anymore because only what the newbie sheep want is important, fuck you piece of shit sellout staff. Hosting 50 dms and javs isn't going to change how the stupid sheep think, I'm fucking sick of all these shitheads thinkin newbird dueling is what this zone is about and they're usually the same morons who think levterring is what this zone is about too. You're all a bunch of cocksucking shiteaters and I hope you fucking die homos.
This zone is about basing, it's sad that you sheep don't realize that and its especially sad when the very people who run the zone don't evne know what its about.

Richard Creager
08-26-2002, 01:09 AM
yes... levis are the scum of the earth, but they are still a part of the game.
I don't see levis being used in TWLB matches- the only division that matters, or any of the other two sheep oriented divisions.
A part that is fun to chase, kill, spawn, cloak, lame and laugh at.
If you like to go out of your way to protect basing then yes and then deal with the stupid sheep's pms of "lamer" and then have to explain to them how they know absolutely nothing at all.
To me they are fun to lame in, and be lamed in.
OR howabout we just remove them so that ridiculous thing can stop distracting all the basing?
Being a levi is like a whole new part of the game and when it is discovered great things will happen!
Possibly one of the most retarded things I have heard yet.

Some of the best players in this zone are the levis and levi-terrs (MADCOWZ) taking old shots to the limit and innovating new ones.
I don't see madcowz on top of the TWLB ladder.

OR better yet, remove the levi all together, or make it a ship that supports basing (*gasp*)

I have been basing a little more recently and i know how annoying it is to have a big blue bomb blow away your terr and half the team... but isnt that what this game is all about?
NO
annoying things to overcome making it more entertaining? IS THAT NOT WHAT ALL VIDEO GAMES ARE ABOUT???:rolleyes:Yea I wonder why in team oriented games like soccer or basketball where they all don't have a car on the playingfield to run all the players over and then have someone jack the car to get rid of it and then sya "its part of the game" IT JUST MAKES SO MUCH FUCKING SENSE!

So I ask you all not to complain about the levi-terr.. but to embrase it... and kill it.... lame all levis you see and laugh!! MMAUIAHAHUAUHAUHDUHAADAND ddfvkskfjdgn :D
OR we can rid ourselves of the bullshit and get back to basing.

Maybe if the levi-terr stays it will make people in this game realize how important it is to have someone roofing as well :P
Oh yeah, then everysquad will start playing roof warbirds in all their TWLB matches!!! ITS SO IMPORTANT!!!

Richard Creager
08-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Almost as much as I would like to see you and their heads on a platter?

Eeks
08-26-2002, 01:32 AM
When someone levs the only one that has fun is the levi and maybe it's terr. When nobody levs everyone has fun. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.^. MAYBE BITCH ASS MOG UNDERSTANDS NOW
,|;

Dabram
08-26-2002, 05:36 AM
yes... levis are the scum of the earth, but they are still a part of the game. A part that is fun to chase, kill, spawn, cloak, lame and laugh at. To me they are fun to lame in, and be lamed in.

for 1 time it's ok to do, when you've finally killed them, usually spider+antiwarp works fine (otherwise they'll just keep warping away). But then 2 minutes later when ur back basing a)another levterr comes up, b)the same dickheads come up, c)multiple levterrs come up. And being a levi is quite fucking boring when you're not in base.

if u seriously think a squad for lev/terrs have some of the best players of the zone you're a dumb newbie.

impossible

I have been basing a little more recently and i know how annoying it is to have a big blue bomb blow away your terr and half the team... but isnt that what this game is all about? annoying things to overcome making it more entertaining? IS THAT NOT WHAT ALL VIDEO GAMES ARE ABOUT???:rolleyes:

yes it's annoying, no that isn't whats this is about otherwise i would've left TW after 5 minutes the first time I entered.

yes, who wants basing when you can hunt levterrs the whole time!

i don't get it. why is it important again? i thought you called it lame, annoying and cheap, nothing important about that.

-bram

Jeansi
08-26-2002, 08:38 AM
I gave up hope on public arenas long ago. Pure basing does not help that much, there's still too many idiot newbies that fly around in a wb and does not even care about the whole base. Another annoying thing is when three sharks team up and lay mines all over the base entrance. It would be ok if they did that, but plz, go on a private freq so that I could place my mines to protect fr??

Pure basing is a good try but it does not make it pure basing.

Mythrandir
08-26-2002, 09:06 AM
I gave up hope too.

Let's enjoy TW-how-it-should-be for the 3 days a month we have guys :>

Verthanthi
08-26-2002, 09:10 AM
No, Jeansi, it doesn't make it pure base. There are still a couple of people who play in the spawn. Nor would I change that, as that is definitly a part of TW. That said, every arena with 30 or more people in it that I have been to this weekend has been jampacked basing madness.

Just a note: wbs flying around lower are important as they hunt/protect the terr/javs. Useful people, they.

arrogance
08-26-2002, 10:40 AM
Every single pure basing weekends I see hundreds of players getting lured into basing action they never knew could exist. The first post of this thread just goes to demonstrate the general motives of the dumbasses who are into levterring. How many times do we have to go through it, levterring ruins basing, basing is what TW is built around. And then we have the lt's bitching and whining about the 3 days of the month when they can't be a nuisance.

So hush up. It'd be in the best interest of the majority of the TW population if LT's were elimenated altogether. I for one really hope they are someday. Until then I'll keep enjoying PBW, and I'd encourage you sissies to go and get into some real basing action instead of prancing around outside base like little fairies who can warp away from the slightest sign of direct conflict.

Machine of God
08-26-2002, 01:01 PM
wow.. making that post showed me just how nice a lot of you TW "vets" :rolleyes: are.

Being called "newby, retard, cock sucker, stupid" and whatever else by you guys really makes me want to continue playing the game and having fun. :p

im not going to take it hard though because i know all of you are just mad because you know im right. :D

il just take your insults as a joke because thats all most of you are

LEVI-TERR's are a part of the game, GET OVER IT!

WTF when you play mario brothers do you want all the turtles removed because they interupt your fight with some Coopa-Troopa or something....

Fallen Angel
08-26-2002, 01:13 PM
It just get frustrating when your basing and some priv freq dickbreath Levterr comes swooping in killing half your team just as you're making some progress.
That's all.
I don't usually base, mostly x-hunt levs before they get a chance to get safe and hop on a terr.

za gophar
08-26-2002, 02:10 PM
omg, i dont care how much bounty a levterr gets its just as pussy and unskilled as the rest. fuckin a, all they have to to is warp and buy anotrher portal. its so pussy. especiialy when they got a bunch of gaurds near them, being dumbasses just so one lev can get a empty 800 bounty

Stabwound
08-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Jeansi
Another annoying thing is when three sharks team up and lay mines all over the base entrance. It would be ok if they did that, but plz, go on a private freq so that I could place my mines to protect fr??

Well if people properly mine the enterences to the base, you won't need to mine the FR, eh?

Adman
08-26-2002, 05:54 PM
wow.. making that post showed me just how nice a lot of you TW "vets" :rolleyes: are.

Being called "newby, retard, cock sucker, stupid" and whatever else by you guys really makes me want to continue playing the game and having fun. :p

I don't think anyone in here called them selves vets/

U fucking newbie cocksucking retard.

pv=nrt
08-26-2002, 06:41 PM
all i can say is, during non-PBW. antiwarp gives me so much satisfaction. here is how the arena chat looks like
pv> Lt go away or face the consequences
stupidcocksuckingLT> WE OWN AND STUFF OMG!!!!!!
pv(40) killed by stupidcocksuckingLT
pv>thats it
?buy antiwarp
<i now attach and sit in base>
stupidcocksuckingLT> TIME TO RAPE FR AGAIN!! SEND YOUR HUNTERS MWHAHAHAHAH!!!!
pv>i wouldnt do that
stupidcocksuckingLT(100) killed by roofer
stupidcocksuckingLT>WTF WTF OMG I WARPED!!!!
stupidcocksuckingLT>ANTIWARP!! YOU LAME ASS SPIDER!!
stupidcocksuckingLT> YOU FUCKING LAMER!!! REPORTED FOR CHEATING FUCK YOU
stupidcocksuckingLT>OMG FUCK YOU PUSSY!!!!!!! YOU ARE HUNTED NOW
repeat last 2 lines until ?ignore

Troll King
08-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by pv=nrt

pv> Lt go away or face the consequences

Macro'ed?

Verthanthi
08-26-2002, 07:25 PM
NINJA'D!

I miss lt hunting with wadi and myth.

arrogance
08-26-2002, 08:11 PM
If the turtles ruined the game and chased everyone away, then perhaps we would.

Consider the possibility the settings aren't properly balanced in favor of basing, which they should be.

Down with LT's.

Machine of God
08-26-2002, 10:30 PM
yeahyeah.. levi terrs are retarded and all... and i like bure basing weekend a lot, but still... i dont think they should remove the lev completely. Which is what pure basing pretty much does.

i think they should make the bounty to attach higher and make it so the lev can only attach for 20 seconds at a time or something

...or when a lev is attached the terr goes really slow

i dont know how these settings could be made possible because i dont program stuff but it would fix the levi-terr problem and still maintain the levi as a desired ship

lev users like Da Farmer! and Nacho Man know how to lev effectivly in base, and if the levi cannot attach at all it is almost impossible to get to base, making the ship useless.

anyone agree?? if not you can just call me a newb and cock sucker again :D

Adman you need to be less ass-ish.. im guessing your like this because you have no friends in real life

wadi
08-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Wow, I'm amazed that so many levis were bad mouthed without me even responding. It is truely touching to know that even though Bilange has left us, the TW Post Office will still be delivering priority mail to LTs everywhere. Generally when they least expect it.

Pure basing weekends are supposed to provide an arena where new Trenchers can learn about the most popular and active league in Trench; by which I refer to the TWLB. Speaking for myself, and many other basers, Pure Basing weekends are where I first learned the ins and outs of basing in the TW environment, during normal times there's usually too much LTing and spawn dueling occuring for a new player to even have a taste of what decent basing is like. So please, you have 28 days a month to ruin our fun, don't whine about the 2 we get to put things right.

wadi> Post Office: Delivering Priority "mail" since 1999

Fallen Angel
08-27-2002, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Adman

I don't think anyone in here called them selves vets/

U fucking newbie cocksucking retard.

Holy shit adam, what got up your ass? :)

Verthanthi
08-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by wadi
Wow, I'm amazed that so many levis were bad mouthed without me even responding. It is truely touching to know that even though Bilange has left us, the TW Post Office will still be delivering priority mail to LTs everywhere. Generally when they least expect it.

Pure basing weekends are supposed to provide an arena where new Trenchers can learn about the most popular and active league in Trench; by which I refer to the TWLB. Speaking for myself, and many other basers, Pure Basing weekends are where I first learned the ins and outs of basing in the TW environment, during normal times there's usually too much LTing and spawn dueling occuring for a new player to even have a taste of what decent basing is like. So please, you have 28 days a month to ruin our fun, don't whine about the 2 we get to put things right.

wadi> Post Office: Delivering Priority "mail" since 1999

NINJA'D

Machine of God
08-27-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Fallen Angel

Holy shit adam, what got up your ass? :)

my foot if he doesnt shut the hell up

Troll King
08-27-2002, 01:17 PM
Great basing today in one arena. Even more intense than any I saw during PBW. Back and forth action, flag room battles, plenty of lag, felt more like a league match than pub. Even better than hosted basing too because one team didn't get up and go once they lost the flag. I started playing around 12:30 and stopped at 2:00 because my eyes were getting sore and I was hungry, but the action spanned the entire two and a half hours. Play intensified even after a couple of skilled proven basers (Khisanth and Jonas) left, which ordinarily, would kill the momentum.

The most important part of this was that a lot of the people playing were newer players getting a taste of inense basing for the first time.

Kudos to X Machine for being our terr and Fatal Disruption for being the enemy terr for almost the entire time.

Oh, and the levis? There were relatively fewer levis than usual, and a couple were actually trying to flag (although none of them made any real difference in the game). It did rankle me a bit when I went to lower safe to tell my team that I was leaving and a levi on our team was sitting there. When he saw me he asked "can u green me?". A quick "get bent" capped off an amazing two hours.

KayinNasaki
08-27-2002, 01:31 PM
I had a few good basing runs. I'm still finding a few two days after its all over.

I really don't think its possible to truely balance levs without giving them some MAJOR changes. Came up with a few, possibly silly ideas.

Kill the attach, give levs cloaking. Bring lev hunting to a new level of amusement. Make it nice and draining so they'd need to sit around for awhile before shooting, but you could possibly sneak one into the base. Of course this would probably end up being more annoying then Lev Terrs, when a lev appears right in your base and kills everyone. :)

Make them faster and with more repels. I dont mean much faster, but a littlebit more reasonable. might make them more abundant though and would make things hell for sharks, who have a hard enough time worrying about Xs and Sharks repelling. =/

I liked the higher bounty idea. would make getting a lev in the base that much more diffilcult but still wouldnt totally eliminate levterring.

Allow terrs to attack to levs. and make terrlevs! they'll suck so much we'll never need to worry about them again! .. wait, bad idea.

OR just maybe it would add to the challange if we just eliminated lev terrs and forced people to have to escort levs to the base.

Taking each idea for what its worth I'd say higher bounties were the way to go. If people needed to work their asses off to get greened and risked dying and having to start from the beginning, people would stop.. besides the vets. And I can take a FEW lev terrs, as long as they dont play like jackholes.

Adman
08-27-2002, 03:48 PM

my foot if he doesnt shut the hell up

beat it down here to aurora and i'll show u a foot in the ass.

and FA i still <3 u!

Adman
08-27-2002, 03:50 PM
and up my ass, hmmm the fact that newer palyers come here and bitch and talk out of there ass about things they know nothing about.

Fallen Angel
08-27-2002, 03:50 PM

and FA i still <3 u!

You'd better! :p

Adman
08-27-2002, 03:53 PM
Vulch still lives!

hehe.

Fallen Angel
08-27-2002, 04:34 PM
-=V=- :)
Yah, I got back on Vulchies chat today!
I missed you guys *sniffle*

Adman
08-27-2002, 05:29 PM
good job :)

it's mostly just epi tk and yungsta on there but a whole bunch of people came back in last week or so ie Antoni, wallni, twirl and pooled OH and Zeph too.

Troll King
08-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Quit talking like that folks. People will start thinking we're making a comeback and start pm'ing me. Er, moreso.

Adman
08-27-2002, 07:52 PM
who is squadowner?

i uninstalled continuum.

type ?squadowner vulch

and then type ?squadowner scrulch

Machine of God
08-27-2002, 11:39 PM
http://members.rogers.com/secretdestroyers/specialclass.jpg

my name ish aadmaan, and i get to go to dishneylaand becuz my teechersh said i i i am speshal

when i am at shhchool i soometimesh pee my pantsh :( yaarrgh

Machine of God
08-27-2002, 11:41 PM
omg i laughed so hard when i made that...

i live about an hour away from you adman.... shall we tango?

Ruby
08-28-2002, 12:00 AM

I assure you these people aren't true TW Veterans.

Hey, be happy, if I said the same thing I would get flamed 50,000 times and then I would be "intelligently owned" by TK and his master plan, but oh, wait, it's ok for them to do it.

Machine of God
08-28-2002, 01:13 AM
its really annoying having people be so immature after just stating my opinion.

If they really wanted to make me think they might actually put up some type of real argument against what i said besides just name calling.

wadi
08-28-2002, 03:00 AM
TK, Addy, FA: what? we're back? gee.

Ruby: Wow, you went from zero to ignorant git in 10 seconds! that's gotta be a new record!

Machine God: wake up man! Most of the people who've been providing insights to you have LTed on occasion until they realized how sad/stupid/boring it gets. LTing's not a challenge, and once you get your game wrapped around some really good basing or dueling EVERYONE sooner or later realizes LTing is just something silly to do when you're bored. A lot of the best LTs you never met, and the current crop is rather sad in comparison to some of the oldsters, quickly realized just how much crack they'd have to be on to let LTing fill up their time on TW. Take this as a friendly warning: you'll kick yourself later

Mattey
08-28-2002, 04:48 AM
its really annoying having people be so immature after just stating my opinion.

If they really wanted to make me think they might actually put up some type of real argument against what i said besides just name calling.

You ignore arguments and search for name calling.

BTW... EVERYONE IS JUST STATING THEIR OPINION.

Isreal
08-28-2002, 06:21 AM
PB is funfun

wadi
08-28-2002, 12:36 PM
PB? who said anything about PB?

Fallen Angel
08-28-2002, 01:07 PM
PB? who said anything about PB?

Ow, yeah as much as we like talking about the good old vulch days, this topic is actually about how pb sux or something...in any case it's infinately less interesting than V buisiness :)

Ruby
08-28-2002, 01:53 PM
Ruby: Wow, you went from zero to ignorant git in 10 seconds! that's gotta be a new record!

LOL, I won't even criticize that ignoranance.

wadi
08-28-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ruby

LOL, I won't even criticize that ignoranance.

Great! That gives me plenty of time to criticize your spelling.

Adman
08-28-2002, 02:24 PM
Wow! posting my picture hurts me SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH you moron. It's been done.
LOL.

Machine of God
08-28-2002, 10:23 PM
bah.. wadi i know that LT's are stupid... as i stated a few times. And i do enjoy pure basing... as i stated. Maybe leviterrs should be removed from the game but the levi should not.

since there is no way to make seperate pubs (although i think there is, but it would probably be too much trouble) i think they should find a way to involve the levi in basing....

make it like "the big guns" it may be hard as hell to get up there.. but when you do.. big boom...

make the attach bounty at like 30 - 50 and make it so the lev will not be able to attach for long periods of time

Eeks
08-29-2002, 12:38 AM
Ruby is a true TRENCH WARS veteran! Everyone must fear him!

Adman
08-29-2002, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Eeks
Ruby is a true TRENCH WARS veteran! Everyone must fear him!

If ruby is a vet, i'm happy to be a newb!

Crius VII
08-29-2002, 11:05 AM
At the risk of being despised and hated by the "Trench Elite" I have to agree with MOG, It isnt levs that ruin basing, levs can actually enhance basing when used properly--- giving breakthroughs that allow their team into base, breaking another freqs domination of a pub. The problem is only when the levs attach to the terrs and fly around bombing the outside of the base.

Making it so that using the ?buy comand doesnt increase bounty, making the bounty needed ot attach higher and then having the lev only able to attach and stay attached in base and maybe making the lev detach from the terr when a terr warps would make the lev more basing friendly, and only really appeal to the true lev players.

I like playing lev and if used to base properly it is a challenge.
Make levterring less appealing, but take away from the trenches what can be the most challenging yet most rewarding ship to play would only detract from the SS experience.

Troll King
08-29-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Crius VII
At the risk of being despised and hated by the "Trench Elite" I have to agree with MOG, It isnt levs that ruin basing, levs can actually enhance basing when used properly--- giving breakthroughs that allow their team into base, breaking another freqs domination of a pub. The problem is only when the levs attach to the terrs and fly around bombing the outside of the base.

Making it so that using the ?buy comand doesnt increase bounty, making the bounty needed ot attach higher and then having the lev only able to attach and stay attached in base and maybe making the lev detach from the terr when a terr warps would make the lev more basing friendly, and only really appeal to the true lev players.

I like playing lev and if used to base properly it is a challenge.
Make levterring less appealing, but take away from the trenches what can be the most challenging yet most rewarding ship to play would only detract from the SS experience.

Unfortunately, only a very small percent of levis are what I would say are using the levi properly as you describe.

Out of four years playing in TW, and of all the levis I have seen, I can name only 5 that I trust enough to base with.

Divine Rides
08-29-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm not going to read this whole thread- but FUCK LEVS

Richard Creager
08-29-2002, 07:38 PM
It isnt levs that ruin basing.
I need a good laugh, alright crius, what is it exactly that does then?

Machine of God
08-29-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Troll King

Unfortunately, only a very small percent of levis are what I would say are using the levi properly as you describe.

Out of four years playing in TW, and of all the levis I have seen, I can name only 5 that I trust enough to base with.

what are the 5... i only trust 2 that i can think of right now.. da farmer and nacho man :D

Verthanthi
08-29-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Richard Creager

I need a good laugh, alright crius, what is it exactly that does then?

Lack of basers. 11 v 11 basing? Levs dont ruin that, usually. Because there is someone to run out and kill the levi. That said, its often an overabundance of levis that cause the lack of basers, so....

Nickname
08-30-2002, 12:56 AM
I heard the fat blue ship can blow it's load nicely.

KayinNasaki
08-30-2002, 02:10 AM
I would still die to see roboref hosted basing. Even if it wouldnt go by the normal 1 terr, 2 shark rules, a timed, levterr free basing game I think would be more interesting. And since it isnt pub, yet should be freely advertised -- well then only interested.

I hate that in hosted basing the fastest typers get terr duty. Most of the time the terrs suck ;_;

I guess I like the idea of timed gameplay. Gives a sense of urgency.

Eeks
08-30-2002, 03:12 AM
All the terrs suck if they don't recieve help from their teams.

KayinNasaki
08-30-2002, 04:18 AM
yes, but most terrs suck even with it :)

Verthanthi
08-30-2002, 08:48 AM
It was good, Kayin, but it wasn't ever great. Fastest typers always got terr, and the same person might get it five, six times in a row. Same goes for sharks. As far as timed games go, what if its a great game? Then it ends after 15 minutes :(( Pub's endlessness is great.

Dabram
08-30-2002, 09:06 AM
The problem is only when the levs attach to the terrs and fly around bombing the outside of the base.

I think we all can agree that we call the Levi lame because it goes flying around with a terr around the base, bombing it. All these crazy ideas of making bounty 30 or making the terr unable to fly when a lev attaches are crazy. Bounty 30 is no problem for the levterr-freaks, they always green theirselves up by killing their friends till they got enough bnt. Slowing the terr down or even letting him stand still when a lev attaches is VERY ridicilous. Levterrs won't care, they'll just wait till terr is on the right "spot", lev attaches, and starts bombing till nme comes and they'll warp away. And everytime a newbie-lev attaches to a baseterr the baseterr wont be able to move aswell.. insane.

There is a very easy solution to this all tho. Make the base so there is NO way to fly around it. Make it like elim arena (but then with the normal pub-base. A big dueling arena with 3 safes for all ppl that don't wanna base but duel and a base for everyone who wants to base. And all the ppl that still want to levterr can go and try to get 200+ bnt from inside base. This way levterring will be a challenge and not just cheap / lame. And that javs can't go to top anymore is pretty neat aswell, because they're almost as cheap as levis at top. I think this would bring a lot of the basers that all wait for private basing to be hosted back to tw-pubs. :o)

-bram

Divine Rides
08-30-2002, 12:24 PM
just remove them from the game- please?

Volcs
08-30-2002, 05:14 PM
i don't give a fuck aout the levs, i just hate the fact that i have to play along with newbs on my freq when i could be on my own freq in base that ppl i know and like (people that know what they're doing.)

Get rid of the levs all you want but don't make me stay on a pub freq :(

Richard Creager
08-30-2002, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Verthanthi

Lack of basers. 11 v 11 basing? Levs dont ruin that, usually. Because there is someone to run out and kill the levi. That said, its often an overabundance of levis that cause the lack of basers, so....
But you see the thing is, its never the levi, it's the levis, and who the hell really wants to waste time hunting some sheep ass homo when there is some good basing going down?

I mean, fucking honestly you on the glass ceiling, get together make some different .cfgs for that POS you call a ship, and find something that works, just once, JUST ONE TIME, DO SOMETHING. The sheep can have all the gay ass deathmatches and tourneys and javs they want just give the rest of us a playable pub for the love of christ.

pv=nrt
08-30-2002, 09:54 PM
goliath generally publically hosted basing will turn bad if one side gets to have to much of an adavantage. on the other hand the terrs will usually pick people who will they know can shark at least decently.

On pubs, i strongly disagree. i think people are pub basing more now than in the last couple of months. i used to never pub base but i do it al the time. sometimes there are flag battles that last for hours. pubs are are not degrading i think they are...upgrading (for lack of a more creative thought).

Mootland Farmer
08-30-2002, 10:07 PM
Make the base so there is NO way to fly around it. Make it like elim arena (but then with the normal pub-base. A big dueling arena with 3 safes for all ppl that don't wanna base but duel and a base for everyone who wants to base. And all the ppl that still want to levterr can go and try to get 200+ bnt from inside base.

Lord HADES
08-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Trenchwars is a fine game, levi's are a great pain in the ass, even when I'm a levi myself, its a pain in the ass..

But hey, there's gotta be a scapegoat... Otherwise we'r gonna star whining about spiders 8-)

Verthanthi
08-31-2002, 05:01 PM
Goliath, what do you want? Should people just never ever learn to jav? If you can't hit a hole, that means you need practice. Practice means playing, and since it's not all that much fun to practice by yourself in a private arena, so pub is the ideal place for most to do it. I think you'll find if you politely ask someone to change ships, and explain why, they'll do it.

Troll King
08-31-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Verthanthi
I think you'll find if you politely ask someone to change ships, and explain why, they'll do it.

Hardly. In most cases, they'll ignore you or tell you to shut up.

Mattey
08-31-2002, 08:27 PM
Followed by the spamming of NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB NEWB... and then an explanation of why ship #1 is always the best.

Annux
08-31-2002, 08:34 PM
http://th0ught.net/annux/My%20Documents/vulch.jpg

Verthanthi
08-31-2002, 08:56 PM
TK: I must have better luck or something.

Mattey: Why would a jav lecture us on the fine points of a wb? (If you were responding to a different post, I apologize.)

Ruby
08-31-2002, 10:32 PM

If ruby is a vet, i'm happy to be a newb!

Get original.

Tobe
08-31-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Goliath
my observation over the last few months of pure basing weekends is that friday nites theres some awesome basing for a few hours....maybe some on saturday.....

but as the weekend goes on there just more and more javs constantly tking the whole flag room and then having their own lil tk battle in the flag room

javs are the biggest waste of space in the flag room....where all you need is 1 or 2......i counted 8 the other day when i was terring
and most coulndt hit a hole if their life depended on it!

i did notice monday and tuesday some nice basing though which was odd as i thought everyone would be back lev terring

but i find personally by saturday, its either all javs....or one sided basing again as all the rest are hanging in the spawning area fighting/spawning, not basing

Trench needs something to spice up the pubs.....cause they seem to be going downhill fast.....and the hosted basing events do seem to just have staff pick their friends for terrs and sharks....which is silly as half of them dont even want to shark

at least 3x in the last couple weeks i have gone hosted basing, only to end up as a spider.....where i usually shark or terr....and had our terr leave....without finishing the match.....and half the freq too

that sucks! hehe

:D

Dont.....Do......This..........................

Mattey
09-01-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Troll King

Hardly. In most cases, they'll ignore you or tell you to shut up.

That is what I was responding to, I saw no mention of the word Jav.

Louis XV
09-01-2002, 07:40 PM
herzeleid> who the FUCK is the newbie in the center with the lanc?!
herzeleid> stop shooting fucking random shots you skilless whore :o

skate
09-01-2002, 07:54 PM
i'm that newbie! :)

Bilange
09-03-2002, 05:33 PM
even though Bilange has left us, the TW Post Office will still be delivering priority mail to LTs everywhere. Generally when they least expect it.

Sounds like im an hero or something

:confused: