Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you learned about the world...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What have you learned about the world...?

We've all played in squads with many people of many different climes (well, unless you're in Brit. Sq. lol), and i'm sure we've all noticed certain characteristics of certain ppl of certain countries. Here's my view of the world...

1. The Finns: A quiet nation it seems, or they dont know english well... :P

2. The Norwegians: Not met many, but when I have they seem to think they own at curling :P

3. The Swedes: Millions of these blighters around.

4. The Americans: "Over sexed, over paid, and over here", except only the latter two as they like to wish they were the former :P. Live up to their reputation as loud, brash, opinionated ppl (not that that is a bad thing of course...)

5. The Dutch: Not enough superlatives could describle this honourable bunch of people. I've met many of these, and invariably i've become cyberfriends with them. Theyre a funny bunch the dutch (which surprises me considering the countries it borders :P)

6. The Belgians: All I can say is that they dont quite understand the british form of humour...

7. The Irish: The only irish ive met have been those that keep laming me as an x whilst i duel in pub... reminds me of a certain terrorist organisation... :P Thankfully any northern irish (hope you dont mind me putting you ppl in this section :P) are hilarious.

8. The Brits: A varied bunch, straddling somewhere in-between the americans and the dutch. I'm sure other ppl could describe us better in a future post :P

I hope i havent enraged half the world :P Anyway, what's your views of the world?
    Well, very simply, it's a biscuit, but it is also a cake - think of it as the transvestite of biscuits. They're about the size of, well, a biscuit, and they're basically a disc of sponge, with a bit of orange-flavour jelly on top, covered in a thin layer of chocolate.

I learned from Bilbo that the only worthwhile thing the Swedes have ever done is invented the Refrigerator. That's pretty much their claim to fame. That, and The Hives.

Comment

I learned that people from the UK are brash, judgemental, arrogant and like reese's. How dare you claim what you have "learned" about the whole world, from less than a group of 1000 total people. That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.
      Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
        I learned that people from the UK are brash, judgemental, arrogant and like reese's. How dare you claim what you have "learned" about the whole world, from less than a group of 1000 total people. That is the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.
        I find it funny how you first talk about what you think of britains from the basis of barely even knwoing a few of them, and then go on to say how "rediculous" it is that jaffa did it, gg.

Comment

the only hing ive learned is that nothing in life is free, especially cannabis tablets.
          Originally posted by Yoshiba
          i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked

I find it funny how you first talk about what you think of britains from the basis of barely even knwoing a few of them, and then go on to say how "rediculous" it is that jaffa did it, gg.
            Twit, I was being facetious. I was mocking what he was saying, to show him how rediculous it is. Don't interpret things that go over your head.
            Last edited by Mattey; 08-26-2002, 12:47 AM.
            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

The Taiwanese: aka me.. the best!! aha just kidding. =/
              PURE HATRED> i cannot dodge your bombs AND my teammates
              pv=nrt> YOU ARE MINE PRINCESS iNgeNfyRe
              hogo> iNgeNfyRe Just got HoE'D
              Dark Moogoo> psst, bring the cookies and cream

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
                I learned from Bilbo that the only worthwhile thing the Swedes have ever done is invented the Refrigerator. That's pretty much their claim to fame. That, and The Hives.

Guess where the Nobel prize is from.

Too bad the swedes can't brag with a-bombing two japanese civilian cities, and bombing a whole country to smithereens because of what a group of people did to a couple of buildings. And countless otherthings for example the vietnam war. Cheers mate, be proud of your country. Or should I say, 50 states united only by flag and name.
                Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Wow I wish I had saved my you are stupid speech for you. You talk about the united states a-bombing a country, then you say that they are united by only flag and name. Think about that for a second... A war takes a GROUP effort of a WHOLE COUNTRY working COHESIVELY. You contradict yourself in your own paragraph. You jump from topic to topic making vague references that only make you look stupid. You are not worth the time of any more analysis because you are an ignorant twat.
                  Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Yea Bilbo america bashing is soo cool, I bet you finnish kids love it

"Hey guys I soo bashed America today over an internet spaceship game forum, I'm a badass for life."
                    sage

Comment

None of you are going to get anywhere going back and forth bashing each others countries. No ground is going to be gained or lost. It's entirely too easy to insult another person's home when you don't live there.

Due to the fact that what I say isn't going to have any effect whatsoever on the opinions of the people posting on this thread, I'll just go ahead and post a "nice" and "mean" statement to cover everything.

Nice: It's all sunshine, it's nothin' but sunshine.

Mean: Your favorite country sucks.
                      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

My Observations:

The Americans are talkative. They tend to show-off alot and also provide everyone with their dumb-witted sayings. But they can be interesting at times.

The Canadians are witty. But they also tend to trash-talk alot.

The Euros are quite mature and loyal. They're also pretty snobby and uninteresting.

Comment

New Zealanders have to much pride.
                          NZL4LIFE!

Nah, apart from that, I think Canadians are pretty cool and laid back.
                          "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                          • Shark
                          • Dicer
                          • Sager
                          • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

bosnians have great humour.

Comment

Here is what I learned:

Over 70% of the world population lives in North America.
                              But the actual ruling of the world is done by British people.

About 5% of the population likes to carry the nick 'Divine Rides'. Interestingly, it's the exact same percentage for the names: 'Boo', 'ConcreteSchlyrd', 'THE PUSHER', and more.

the Americans: they are smart, funny, and the entire American population plays subspace, in a zone called Trench Wars. Interestingly, there's usually no more than 500 players in Trench Wars, meaning that they don't play a lot (I think less than one second a day).

the Canadians: heck I don't see any difference between them and the Americans. When are those countries going to merge?

the British: What I found interesting about British players is that they tend to stick to 3-letter names, usually starting with a 'B'. Also, they like to have the leadership over small groups of people.

the Israeli: I think they're going out for war, because the entire population just joined the army.

the Dutch: bah, worthless people. Isolate this country, bomb the dykes and make the sea flood it.

Comment

Working...
                              X