X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do People Hate The Usa?

Wow, call me Pandora.

No, but seriously . . After talking to that walking ball of stupidity named POiD (note the LEET spelling conventions), I thought I'd open this question to the forum: why do some of you hate the United States?

I'm not sure whether opening this box is a good thing, but I would like to assure you all that, from where I'm standing, I don't have any major problems with your countries' policies.

Hey, it's your country. You guys can socialize health care if you want to. That's just great with us. But next time some USA-bashing chowderhead teen spirit wants to laud the wonderful prices of pharmaceuticals in his home country, please remember that ALL OF THOSE WERE INVENTED IN THE UNITED STATES.

Look, I've been to Canada. I have very dear Canadian friends. I live in fucking Minnesota, for chrissakes. But this completely uninformed, psychotic, semi-illiterate and nationalistic attitude I get from the occasional goofball canadian (and british, don't think I forgot about you 3 AM CST shit-talkers. . ) child is starting to wear thin.

In conclusion, I implore you strongly opinionated yet fact-free numbskull donutheads (you know who you are :P) to get a fucking clue. If you hate my country for some definite reason, well hey. GG and please enunciate clearly. We here believe that free, open political speech is of exceptionally high value, and our laws encourage such. If you, however, are just another mumbling jackass idiot who can't spell (HIYA POiD! This bud's for YOU.) and doesn't have a point to make, please just. . <musters effort for stupid internet acronym> . . . STFU.

Sincerely, and passionately,

tCK

PS I don't intend this critique to be directed towards anyone because of their citizenship or national origin. I only classify and generalize for the sake of efficiency; although most people I've met around the world are mature, well-informed, and realistic, there are a LOT of barely-teen canadian -- and european -- jackasses out there bashing the USA purely out of ignorance. If they had a valid, supportable, logical, clearly-stated point, well -- hey, that would be something -- but as of yet all I've heard is unsubstantiated jackassery.

Please rest assured that I am more than happy to overwhelmingly bash any of my countrymen who bash you folk; you're all good people, and our allies as well. We LOVE you guys here in the USA. I'm just confused as to why people in your countries can express dislike for US citizens on the basis of their citizenship. That'd be your basic NATIONALISM. That type of opinion is a logical cousin to a phenomenon we know well here in the USA. We call it RACISM. It's generally viewed in an unfavorable light. I don't see why your uber-nationalistic tendencies should be any more justifiable.

GG POiD. GL on your computer science studies, and grow the hell up. And anytime you feel like coming south for a visit to the good 'ol USA, you just let me know. I'm sure I can find time to see you. I know a few of us down here who'd be more than happy to oblige.

Once again, I say, cordially,

tCK (SEE MY DUMB TWTOWN COURTROOM AT P2)
    1:Pearl Jam> the gloves are for the prostitutes i'm going to hire
    1:Pearl Jam> i'm going to make one of them shovel human feces into a wheelbarrow and run around with it
    THE CRIMSO> that's more illuminative than jack's comment, but still pretty enigmatic
    1:Pearl Jam> she'll have to wear a shirt that says "THE POOPSMITH" on it

Its all from jealousy, CK.
    sage

Comment

i think your arguements are too good for anyone to respond with anything elsse but "stfu newb my country has been around 2512513 more years than you. gg" but hey, i live in america, so rock on mutha fucka.
      Originally posted by Yoshiba
      i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

I myself have nothing against "America(ns)".

But I hate chauvinism.
        Everytime I hear "God bless <insert country name here>" I either rofl or puke.
        I have something against every country that's extremely fond of its flag and puts it in the corner of every (or at least, VERY many) classroom, and that speaks out the 'Pledge of Allegiance' on a regular basis (e.g. America, Iraque, Cuba(?)).

Also I don't really like countries that break the treaty of Kyoto, and go straight against UN decisions.

I don't like countries that shout out in every possible sentence "we live in a free country", while of all democratic countries, it might arguably be the least true.

Also, I don't like shithead presidents who got more money than braincells to have the power over nuclear bombs. Thank god he's surrounded by smart people who have most influence in the country's politics.

-

yes, I dislike the US as a country. But I'm not a racist, I'm in an American squad damnit :P

-
        Richard Creager:
        jealousy? Might be true in some cases, but not for me. I actually like to live in a wealthy but politically and military completely unimportant country.

-

And you don't have to start bashing my country, because I never said that the Netherlands is perfect. Actually I hate chauvinism, and I hate to divide people in groups, but that's like denying humanity :>

Comment

If your complaint is towards the people who just randomly insult the US. Just think about the numbers of Americans who randomly insult Europeans and claim their superiority on every forum. I'd say there would be an equal ratio of those people.

If that's the case, why don't you create a topic called "Why are there stupid people on this world?". Because wherever you live, there are morons everywhere.

Comment

As far as the american people go, I've met some fine specimens and they seem to be great people! Conversely, I'm sure they have just as many (or more) assholes on average than any other country, as well.

From my limited experiences, people across the globe really don't seem to be that different from each other; they each have their own customs, traditions, dialects and quirks, but generally, people are friendly, caring, and compassionate to one another.

Perhaps the reason people 'hate' america(ns) is because they stereotype america's citizens after the persona of the nation itself: a brutish, lumbering bully that stomps around the world, taking what it wills with no regard for others.

For example: recent actions such as rejecting a treaty creating the international criminal court, withdrawing from the Kyoto Protocol on global warming, declaring a lack of enthusiasm for the Anti-Ballistic Missile treaty signed with the Soviet Union in 1972, undermining a United Nations agreement to reduce illegal trafficking in small arms, and pulling out of negotiations to enforce provisions of the convention banning biological weapons by no means exemplify the qualities and mannerisms represented by a friendly and well-liked person or nation!

Oh, but what about the humanitarian interventions set forth by the holiest of great nations, America! Perhaps the intervention in Iraq/Kuwait during the gulf war has some redeeming qualities, save for the murder of over 1 million innocent Iraqi civilians (including many women and children, of course) due to sanctions and bombings led by america (and the UN) for the last ten years! Hmm, at least america obtained some nice deals on oil from that little conflict. Or perhaps we could discuss the conflict in East Timor where america refused to take action against humanitarian crimes by Indonesia (one of america's prime sources of cheap labour!!) despite most of the rest of the world calling for economic sanctions and direct action against them, as america is/was their biggest trading partner. Ahh, good thing america bombed the hell out of Afghanistan, those tens of thousands of innocent civilians really had it coming, you know!@#

Despite all this blood on their hands, americans still have the pride and honour to run around screaming 'god bless america' and waving their flag like they were just crowned twlb champions.

What about the (mostly) american corporations that promote greed and materialism throughout the world? They commit humanitarian crimes in third world countries by employing children, creating poor working conditions, and raping the environment. And let's not forget the thousands of american citizens right here at home that work long and hard every day for minimum wage just to be laid off in a few months when the company reports a 'profit loss' (which I consider to be the dumbest fucking term ever invented) so that the upper tier can line their pockets with even more cash!@#

Perhaps it's the watered down pop culture such as substance free pop music, nike swooshes, sitcoms and action movies forced down the throats of people day after day that leaves a foul taste in peoples' mouths. I'm really not sure.

Argh, I suppose the general american populace is nice, though perhaps a bit ignorant, naive, apathetic or any combination thereof.

Vote Ralph Nader president and I'll give you all the god damn mother fucking god bless americas you want.

I hope this post doesn't come out as evil, demonic and hateful! I'm really a very loving, friendly, happy person!@# I like fluffy, fuzzy things like kittens and bunny rabbits! Additionally, the occasional licorice or lollipop treat is enticing as well!

Comment

I watched 'COPS' the other nite and I couldnt help but laugh at the lack of intelligence, it sorta reminded me of a TNG episode i saw a week back wiv pakleds in.

"We collect thing"
              "Will you make us go?"
              "He can make us go"
              "We collect things"

Comment

I don't approve of the whole "it's our way or the highway" attitude.
                There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Simplified:

No one liked the Romans
                  No one liked the Mongols
                  No one liked the Ottomans
                  No one liked the Spanish
                  No one liked the English
                  No one likes the Americans

We're the best, you're the rest. Go toil in the fields some more, you worms.
                  LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

<bites>

Comment

Japan- My friend accidently smacked an old guy in the face with a fan. The old man apologized.
                      USA- My friend elbowed someone while trying to put his carryon lugage in the overhead compartment. He received a ten minute lecture.

Japan- My friend's bag was a kg overweight. The check-in lady giggled, put her finger to her lip, and told us to keep it a secret.
                      USA- He paid $100 extra and had to wait an extra half an hour at the check-in.

Japan- We were half an hour away from take off, they brought us to the front of the line.
                      USA- Due to the extended wait at check-in, we only had fifteen minutes to get through the security checkpoint and get to our flight. We were yelled at for dawdling and had to go through the line anyway.

I'm not saying Japan is perfect. They like Jon Bon Jovi. But just about everyone was very very nice to me, which is a lot more than I can say for the US.

Comment

Wow an intellegent topic...this can't be..?

Crimson, your first mistake was listening to anything PoiD has to say.

Verthanti - It's terrific when people are nice to you. Makes you feel bubbly on the inside. But, you might not know, apparently the US is currently in war with terrorism. Which might just mean, if looking at past precedents, that sneaky Ay-rabs might try to bring explosive packages of love onto Jet Blue. Japan, on the other hand, is not currently involved with any problem of this nature. Airline security is not a priority for them because, honestly speaking, no one really gives a fuck enough to even attempt a bombing on Japan in 2002.

CoL - It's that wonderful 'bigger than thou' attitude that makes Europeans generalize against Americans for their attitudes.

Fallen Angel - Absolutely.

Disliked - Don't judge a country by its Television programs. I'd watch COPS over British Comedy anyday, anytime. Not to mention that your dentistry programs could use a boost.

Castromarx - It's terrific to see all the anti-American propoganda stuffed down the asses of teenagers all over the world. You know, I've had about 8 years of History/Current Events classes and I can honestly say that we were always given a fair perspective on any country, not just its negative aspects - which, it seems, is all you know about the US. Naturally, jealousy plays a big role in this, but so does avarice. United States is a country of businessmen. We feed our people and make a profit. We may cut corners, take advantage, and haggle a little too much, but what counts to us is taking care of us. Another shocking fact coming at you -- we are a capitalist country! Yes, it's true! The American drive is what has made America a world empire, businesswise and militarywise. Just because your economy is on verge of collapse (which is not only a reality with 3rd world countries, but many struggling Eastern/Western European nations) and you can't admit that your citizens are truly unhappy, you need a scapegoat to blame your incompetence on (sounds familiar....1939, Berlin?).

"We're running out of natural resources and we can't afford to pay for Iraqi oil...this is all...uhh..the dem Yankees' fault. They deserved to get bombed."

Next time a dictator with an army of 20,000 troops decides to annex European states one-by-one, don't come crying to Uncle Sam (the evil of all evils) to rescue your asses. Sorry for the rant, but you're just not being realistic if you can't understand that America has done as much good as it has bad.

Mythrandir - God Bless America is just a phrase of tradition. It doesn't mean much. Do you 'rofl' or 'puke' when you hear God Save the Queen? Because it has as much value. The Pledge of Allegiance is nothing more than an attempt to unify the students. It's unimportant, irrelevant, and illegal in some states according to a court descision . Although you are incorrect about U.S. going against UN descisions, you must understand that US should/does have a bigger right in say than anyone else, since it is responsible for UN's existance. United States is also proud of its' freedoms. Is there something wrong with that? Why aren't European countries encouraging us for sustaining a Democracy in a capitalist state? Lastly, you are fully wrong about the president "who got more money than brain cells." The president does not make much money, AT ALL. Last time I checked the presiden't salary (which was Clinton, I think), the President made about $450,000 a year, while the vise-Pres made about $320,000. This may seem like alot to you since one could likely purchase the Netherlands for halfa-mil, but to us AMERICANS, it's not that big of a deal. Any established lawyer, doctor, businessman, professor, or local/state politician makes as much - if not more. Don't forget these people all have at least 7 years of college. Be fair, be smart, and be reasonable.

TcK - I'm guessing you vote Republican? Eww.
                        Last edited by Annux; 08-26-2002, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by castromarx
                          Vote Ralph Nader president and I'll give you all the god damn mother fucking god bless americas you want.
                          I tried, dude... I really did.
                          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Also the extreme level of patriotism/nationalism sickens me.
                            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

oh no, the job as President doesn't pay well. And it shouldn't. But you need a damn lot of money to go on campaign during the election period. And sure, some/most of it is subsidized money by companies.
                              My intention on that comment is that
                              A. Bush is stupid
                              B. You need to be damn rich and/or have the support of companies to greatly increase your chance to be elected.

Perhaps I'm confusing tradition with true nationalism. Apparently the European and American customs differ enough to make us interpret certain habits in the wrong way.

Then, the 'free country' thing. My point is that the majority of Western Europe and Scandinavia is AT LEAST as 'free' and 'democratic' as the US is. We're all proud that we live in a free country, and in a democratic country. We're all proud that we have legalized most kinds of drugs. But you don't see other countries yell it all the time. Perhaps for the same reason as stated in the paragraph above?

Also, since when did you exchange your forum accounts, Annux and CoL?

Comment

Working...
                              X