• Show
Clear All

• Elusive Website v2.0

Our new website is nearing completion, tell me what you think about it

REQUIREMENTS
    800x600 Minimum Resolution
    Internet Explorer 5.0+

http://elusive.sscentral.com/

Leave your comments about the site here, this is our official website, so let us know your thoughts on it's look/design/feel/struction and whatever else comes to mind. Thanks!
    -SSCU Trench Wars Moderator
    http://elusive.sscentral.com

Looks neat.

May I ask which program you used to make that cool background image?

Comment

the preloading progress bar is messed up a little. It extends to the right too far on my screen when it nears completion

-Spam
      Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spam
        the preloading progress bar is messed up a little. It extends to the right too far on my screen when it nears completion
        isnt it obvious that the preloading bar is 2 X-TREME 4 THAT PAYGE?

also the page looks really neat.
        Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
        Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spam
          It only showed the letter L and a bit of a border here, also the section Status putsurls in the same window instead of popup which would be annoying..

On the other hand its a very nice site, I dont see the fascination of making new sites small though

Comment

It looks good but not very 56k friendly.

Comment

ahhh i love these types of sites so much...

ever since i saw that light site that ara made

i like the colors and graphics and stuff on this site.. pretty classy and professional

I LIKEY I LIKEY

Comment

thorn, as always you are a very talented webmaster. you have done more with this website than most other squads can even dream they can get done for their own.

but, being a co-worker of quite possibly the world's most anally-retentive webmaster ever, has rubbed some of his perfectionist attitude off on me. so, whether you like it or not, i will give you honest criticism, good, bad, whatever.

first of all, i will congratulate you for designing this site many times better than your previous elusive site. what you lacked in visual design last time, you have more than made up for now. the site looks GOOD. it's eye-candy that actually serves a purpose.

but you shot yourself in the foot by making a pre-loading sequence. forcing a pre-load is acceptable when making a flash site, because we all know how insanely huge flash files can be. but a site that requires loading time for mere jpg's and gif's is just horrible. there was nothing graphic-intensive on the site that would justify the need to pre-load... and if there was, it was easily fixable by slightly lowering the quality through any reputable graphics-design program (i'll assume you use photoshop). the difference would not have been noticeable, but would've saved tons on your image file sizes. it almost seems to me that the whole pre-loading gig was just there as "ooo-factor". another way you could have cut down on loading time was to use frames. i noticed that your site still forces every image to reload even if you're just switching sections or soft-refreshing. if you wanted to keep your images high-quality and massive, frames would've allowed you to do the same thing while still being friendly to 56k'ers. i'm on DSL and the site still loaded way slower than necessary.

however, the backdoor programming available for your site is impressive, and i can see what things will be like once you're finished. it will be a very interactive site and will be worthy of routine use by viewers.

one thing puzzles me though.. the help section says flash is required, but i can't find any flash-elements on your site (unless perhaps you chose to use flash for your entry fields). please clarify why i would need flash.

overall, very good job. the site is totally acceptable as it is. my criticism is there just if you want to fine-tune your skills for professional use. the only noticeable flaw to an average viewer would be the inconsistent length of your pre-load bar, but i know first-hand that after using html to create a site that looks like it was made with flash, the last thing you want to hear is a minor browser incompatability issue. you're probably already aware of it and will have it fixed by the time you add your finishing touches.

keep up the good work.. i enjoy watching what you come up with.
                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

CS, please rename the openIT() script( the lil window script),
                  after you had copied it from the Light's website you could've
                  ATLEAST rename it... and said a word to me about it ty...
                  now you can't browse Light's and Elusive's websites at the same
                  time because it's the same script that even has the same name.
                  Please rename it.

Ara / AraGee / Death
                  SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                  SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                  TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                  ----------------------------------------------

Comment

GG Thorn

OpenIT() hehe
                    Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

Nice one, but Aras Light-site completely owns over that one in some aspects.

1. Why does a squad site need so much gfx that a 56 k user doesn't have the patience to wait until it is done.

2. Nice background picture, how did U do it/ did you do it yourself at all?

3. Confusing layout but frequent users will not mind I think.. First time caos, that's all..

Very professional look indeed.
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Gerbs, the pre-loader was my idea actually. I realized that for anyone with 56k it would take forever to load the site, so I told him to add it on. Beat me if you must:P.

-Epi
                        Elusive
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

http://sin.shanky.com
                          I dont play this game anymore.

Comment

sTuPiD-gErBiL is smart.. he said a lot of the things i was thinking but too lazy to post. I noticed that when you click certain links the whole thing refreshes... theres no need for it... but still better than anything i could do.

is this true that he copied it from ara though.. thats pretty lame... you should at least say "come check out the new elusive site, made by ara, edited by me"

Comment

How can you even say that he stole that website from Ara? It is completely different from the Light site as far as graphics is concerned. The links are standard for any squad site, except other TW squads don't have stats (once that's done you'll see what I'm talking about). And the layout itself is a pretty standard internet website thing. To say that Ara invented that would be sheer folly.

It's a great website Thorn GG, don't let them pull you down

-Epi
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X