Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible TWDB improvements for this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible TWDB improvements for this season?

The spark for this idea, at least during our conversation, can be accredited to Ghost Child, and, to a lesser extent, Power Ball Zone.

In TWXB, the levi and weasel are pretty much useless (sad, but true). Why not dupe the settings from the spider and another ship, say shark, on to the levi and weasel and replace the graphics to be different color copies of those ships.

For example, team 1 has red sharks (actually ship 4) and yellow spiders (actually ship 6), team 2 has green spiders and a blue shark?

with the .lvz's that's already in use in TWLB, it seems a pretty doable next step; the only quam would be the removal of two ships that no one plays competitevly anyway. Personally, in this case, I'd take coolness over ship variety

The next step is doing a graphics overhaul al la PB. Change the colors of the team bullets/bombs to reflect their origin. Not sure how you do that without altering damage, (probably a continuum option?) but it's already in place in PB.

Whatcha think?

I'm not sure how settings work, but I figure lets say that 1 bullet (l3) does 10 damage, l2 is 7 and l1 is 5. If you changed it I assume you coudl make them l3 = 10 l2 = 10 and l1 = 5 So that the terrier and spiders are uneffected (as are warbirds if used, other wb could be a lanc), But they do the saem damage. I assume you coudl technically make l2's stronegr than l3's but I don't know.

As for colour cooting the ships, thats a nice cool feature, the bombs and bullets is also cool, Plus then sharks wouldn't rep needlessly and ships would know if mines are friendly.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Wouldn't that force everyone to use the default shipset?
      Originally posted by Diakka
      Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Why does it have to be so complicated? Why not let the levi play in this division, say 1 levi per team, would make it fun.

Comment

way ta read mitch.

Comment

but this would mess up any new squads chances on getting into TWL , since TWL would not be using the same format. it has to be the same in both leagues to see who should be where.

wadi i like your idea. might help some in a game. but most likely never happen.
            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

lol, we have have avatar's like Eeks?

What's the like... as long as no pussy showin or wah?
              http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pu...asp?id_=824053

Comment

Originally posted by Goliath

as much as i hate cloakers.....
                i think a weasel in a league match where there is only 1 terr, usually in the flag room is an interesting idea....simply because he could move around a little better without 8 terrs chasing him hehe

Any weasel (it's not a "cloaker") would get assraped by spiders fire (wheather they see him or not), Also the jav and sometimes sharks have xradar, making him 1 useless oof.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I've been asking for people to try a One-of-Each-Ship base match for a while, but don't know if it's been attempted yet. My arguments were that it would force a change in basing strategies (with only 1 spider which is such a dominant and popular ship in current strategies) as well as forcing the development of levis', lancs' and weasels' roles in basing.

Criticisms focused on how people would be "stuck" with the lesser used ships (to which I say, that's part of the point) and how the weasel would theoretically cancel the levi out hunting in the spawn area. I counter this last point by saying that this is only one of the possible scenarios, and suggest that a team can use other strategies to take advantage of the opponent using that particular plan.

If it hasn't been tried yet then all we can discuss are theories. I believe that the ship limitations would provide a different and interesting challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                    I've been asking for people to try a One-of-Each-Ship base match for a while, but don't know if it's been attempted yet. My arguments were that it would force a change in basing strategies (with only 1 spider which is such a dominant and popular ship in current strategies) as well as forcing the development of levis', lancs' and weasels' roles in basing.

Criticisms focused on how people would be "stuck" with the lesser used ships (to which I say, that's part of the point) and how the weasel would theoretically cancel the levi out hunting in the spawn area. I counter this last point by saying that this is only one of the possible scenarios, and suggest that a team can use other strategies to take advantage of the opponent using that particular plan.

If it hasn't been tried yet then all we can discuss are theories. I believe that the ship limitations would provide a different and interesting challenge.
                    That sounds very un-fun.
                    I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

One-of-each-ship basing has been tried in privately hosted arenas before, and the results were awful. I've been involved in a couple of these matches and they were some of the slowest, sloppiest, and most boring basing matches I've ever played in. I think most people prefer a faster paced shoot 'em up type basing scenario over what would be a more strategy oriented basing game.

If basing had always been one-of-each-ship, perhaps strategies would have been developed and people would enjoy this sort of atmosphere. I really don't think the tw community has the patience or willingness to adopt such a format, however.

How about altering the 2 unused ships (weasel and leviathan) somewhat so they can be used? It does indeed seem odd that only 5 and sometimes 6 of 8 ships are ever utilized in basing matches.

Comment

Comment

Sorry TK, I'm with Ruby on this one.

Comment

Should force one terr, one shark, and one levi. Team can opt for the rest. (but no more than one terr, 2 sharks, and one levi)
                            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by castromarx
                              One-of-each-ship basing has been tried in privately hosted arenas before, and the results were awful. I've been involved in a couple of these matches and they were some of the slowest, sloppiest, and most boring basing matches I've ever played in. I think most people prefer a faster paced shoot 'em up type basing scenario over what would be a more strategy oriented basing game.

If basing had always been one-of-each-ship, perhaps strategies would have been developed and people would enjoy this sort of atmosphere. I really don't think the tw community has the patience or willingness to adopt such a format, however.

How about altering the 2 unused ships (weasel and leviathan) somewhat so they can be used? It does indeed seem odd that only 5 and sometimes 6 of 8 ships are ever utilized in basing matches.
                              i got to levi and i got in the base 3 times the rest i was spawned by the cloaker.
                              There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                              X