qan> OK -- all who are here, could you indicate you're not AFK? qan> . Zizzo> Wazzaaa.NL> sup Shaddowknight> . Drosophila> . sleepyjoe> . starmatrix> . WillBy> . ipaD> . M_M God> . qan> we have 9, then. that's not quorum qan> but we can still discuss how this'll work qan> OK then. first, I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time out of your schedule to dedicate yourself to a zone that obviously you care about qan> this is not trivial or small. it means a lot. please conduct yourself appropriately -- with respect for all in (and out) of council while in these meetings qan> respect is the foundation of any strong meeting. as well as efficiency -- for both these purposes, we'll use robert's rules of order qan> this meeting is still informal, as not everyone is familiar with robert's rules yet. the next meeting WILL use robert's rules qan> and you can make mistakes with the rules -- you're not expected to be an expert -- but you'll be expected to be able to have a working idea of how the meetings will run qan> please take a moment to open this document, if you haven't already: http://www.abateofaz.org/pics/SimplifiedRobertsRulesofOrder.pdf qan> the most important thing: robert's rules work on ONE THING at a time. so if we're discussing one piece of business, all discussion is about that piece of business qan> they also allow ONE PERSON to speak at a time. one topic, one person fpubfe> is this a private meeting qan> you can interrupt the speaker only for a few specific reasons -- special motions, they're called. and they're not common. if you need clarification or if you would like to amend a motion, for example qan> no, it's public, but please don't speak during it unless it's quite important. PMs vastly preferred fpubfe> gotcha sorry DDF > where is my sword of the round table?! qan> when each meeting begins, it will be called to order, signifying the meeting's started. the rules are then in effect. the chair (myself) will take a roll call to determine who's here qan> at this point, we'll see if we have quorum -- enough council members to conduct business ipaD> . qan> question? oh, also -- this formation meeting is informal, so if you have questions, please ask qan> is there anything I've gone over so far that's unclear? ipaD> no ipaD> but i do have question qan> sure, what's up? DDF > When will there be a turret wars division? bellflowers> i have a question ipaD> regarding efficiency of having the meeting progressing smoothly i move for the usage of using something like ts to make the meeting go quickly and smoothly qan> ddf, please no discussion of specific issues -- everything right now pertains to the business at hand, which is meeting procedure sleepyjoe> what is ts? voice? qan> ipad, not everyone's set up for teamspeak ipaD> teamspeak bellflowers> why did staff take the ?buy repel function off weasel while not in safe? ipaD> its possible to be downloaded qan> but I'd like to use it in the future if possible ipaD> bell we're not talkin about specific issues atm qan> bellflowers, same as DDF (everything right now pertains to the business at hand, which is meeting procedure) bellflowers> tell me the awnser! WillBy> hush bellfy qan> also, future council meetings will not be open for the public to speak. you'll need to speak to a council member. DDF > we need a town hall meetign then DDF > once a month qan> this isn't to be unfair -- it's so meetings can move along rapidly ipaD> understood qan> perhaps, but that's not up for discussion at the moment. the issue at hand is council procedure qan> are there any questions regarding council procedure covered so far? bellflowers> this is y this game is dying no1 has an opinion anymore Wazzaaa.NL> so when i disagree with a councilmember on w/e topic, i just say appeal? bellflowers> sometimes warm qan> I'll be silencing people as needed qan> please refrain from speaking for the time being unless you have something to say about the issue at hand qan> after the meeting is called to order and a roll call is taken to determine that there are enough members for business to take place -- which is 10 out of 18 members, in our case qan> the minutes from the last mmeeting are reviewed, so we can be brought up to speed on the last business. then any committees report. we'll get into committees later -- fairly simple, but it allows motions to be studied outside of the meeting Yuengling> hi guys im here for the meeting! griz > please keep your questions or comments in yellow chat thanks ipaD> or get silenced DDF > can you se eme? qan> thanks for coming! you're welcomed to speak for this meeting, as it's informal, but please keep any comments or questions relevant qan> in the interest of efficiency Yuengling> ok :) Wazzaaa.NL> when i disagree with a councilmember on w/e topic, i just say appeal? fpubfe> question: do the council members have specific positions on the council (not their staff positions on TW) besides qan being chair? qan> we'll be getting to that, but no, not quite like that DDF > They are jsut showing the public how the precess will go griz > qan will answer that qan> no, there are no specific positions qan> though staff members have been chosen to represent areas on staff Wazzaaa.NL> when i want to discuss a topic it first has to be approved by the chairman before it can be talked/discussed about? qan> these positions don't entail any special consideration, though. all votes are equal qan> no, wazz -- we'll get to that ipaD> good question waz Wazzaaa.NL> ok fpubfe> then I suggest there be at least a few specific roles ie. secretary, treasurer, m.c., if not permanent roles for a specific person, then roles that have to be filled for each meeting fpubfe> just to ensure that what needs to be done is done qan> we'd then go over special business (business that's important we consider at the meeting) and unfinished business from last week that must be handled. we'll gloss over that and skip to NEW BUSINESS qan> because that's what everyone's interested in :) Yuengling> ready for my role qan> also, we now have quorum Yuengling> :) Magica> anyone else cringing right now? fpubfe> not me fpubfe> this is exactly what the zone needs qan> to bring a motion (a piece of business) before council, you wait until essentially the end of the meeting, and bring in a new motion. simply state, when no other business is on the floor (being handled): "I motion that" -- and what you motion qan> It's best to get a motion on the agenda beforehand. we have no agenda for this meeting, as it's informal, but each meeting following will have an agenda qan> at this point, someone will second your motion, meaning they agree it should be considered. anyone can do this qan> you'll then be given a short amount of time to describe your motion. keep it brief and to the point, as much as possible ffe> is qan's explanation right now regarding council members only? ffe> as public are not allowed to attend future meetings? Yuengling> it was relevant qan> at this point, others are welcome to discuss it. there are no taking turns in robert's rules. it's simply the next person who says they'd like to speak after the person has finished speaking Yuengling> we are sitting here in this arena having a meeting about 2d spaceships ipaD> ffe public can attend meetings but questions must be addressed to a council member ffe> ah. Gotcha. qan> ok, yueng, if you're not going to keep it relevant, I'm going to have to silence you. I apologize. qan> you get one chance to speak. you reply to the motion itself, and not to the last person speaking qan> it's not a time to argue. make your point and be done with it., griz > we are having a discussion about the future of a community, this one is informal at best, but please keep it relevant ipaD> its alright move on qan> once everyone's had a chance to speak, you can speak again, if you like. once everyone's through speaking, a motion can be made to: call a vote, push the motion to committee, table it, or kill it outright (there are a few others) qan> (but those are the main) qan> these motions are ABOUT the motion. you can also motion to change the wording of the motion, if you want -- that's an important one Oderus Urungus> captain urungus reporting for duty Frogsk|n> lmao qan> the vote is simple enough. it's done publicly. (if desired, we can vote privately on some motions, but that's not recommended) qan> if we don't have enough information to make a decision, we can put it to committee. this means that a group chosen by the chairman will be asked to investigate the issue, perhaps gather some data, so council can make a decision about it qan> this would mean we'd vote on it next meeting Frogsk|n> SHould make a council arena with rules top right like pub, so qan doesnt have to go trhough all this. Magica> Why not just create a forumpost explaining all this and make the first twcouncil meeting useful? qan> if you want to delay voting on a motion but don't think it's important enough for committee/data can't be gathered, you can TABLE a motion. this is very common. a motion is put on the table for later consideration Frogsk|n> or that^ sleepyjoe> it would be useful if we could get it going qan> because not everyone will read it. :P Magica> fair enough sleepyjoe> by which i mean if everyone but qan could stfu Frogsk|n> Ok then, their loss DDF > Not everyone is here to see it either though? Frogsk|n> lol fiS> its the 1st session and it's important that it's done like that. forum posts nobody's gonna read, and people who are truly interested SHOULD have the time for this session. DELECTABLE> im here now qan> a tabled motion, if not dealt with by the next meeting, will die. (this is the "unfinished business" part) Frogsk|n> Its not that fis, its for the sake of qan qan> and last, you can simply vote to kill the motion entirely, or "tabled indefinitely", if you think we should never consider it at all Frogsk|n> lol slEaZy> captain Sleazy reporting for duty DELECTABLE> ok im bored qan> any questions about how to introduce new motions? qan> in practice it's really pretty simple Magica> can you explain this all again, I lost track somewhere along the line qan> no :> http://www.abateofaz.org/pics/SimplifiedRobertsRulesofOrder.pdf http://corp.sbay.org/board/rules-of-order/ubc-sroo.pdf ffe> having a video/audio groupchat, where the public can talk in text but the council members are on video + speaking will minimize the effects of clowns, as well ipaD> second qan> for discussion, I'd like to adopt a convention: when done speaking, use a single . on its own line -- to raise your hand/take the floor, use o/ qan> if everyone's all right with that. this can eventually be built into a bot. Toucan Son Of Sam> Captain Toucan Son Of Sam, reporting for duty ipaD> so if its not ur turn will the bot just not allow you to speak? Drosophila> I motion, we move on to the next topic, discussion? qan> that's the idea, yeah Toucan Son Of Sam> hello fellow councilmen ipaD> second droso Drosophila> vote, y for yes Drosophila> y ipaD> y Magica> AYE Frogsk|n> y Toucan Son Of Sam> i motion that we all take a recess and go outside and get some fresh air ipaD> ^ silence qan> doesn't really work that way, heh. that's why we use robert's rules. but this is informal Drosophila> then, let's go through an example of how we should do it. ffe> also, maybe have an age restriction for council members, and find a easy method to verify this. the implications of this can be huge qan> if council agrees, we can do a simple run of a real meeting qan> yeah, think that would be useful Rab> whats going on here ffe> 1st council meeting Magica> we havin sexytime Drosophila> agreed qan> OK -- I call this example meeting to order. Rab> is there an agenda somewhere? qan> Member roll call -- all council members in attendance, please say I (or similar) qan> I sleepyjoe> I ipaD> I The Red Ace> EYE WillBy> i Drosophila> I Frogsk|n> I Wazzaaa.NL> I ffe> pretty much the closest is here http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?44667-First-TW-Council-meeting M_M God> I ipaD> please dont call if ur not on council ffe> but here for the general info http://forums.trenchwars.org/forumdisplay.php?190-Trench-Wars-Council bellflowers> your not allows to talk so shhh or ray allen will be mad The Red Ace> I have no idea what this is ffe> public were given permission to talk in team chat for this meeting ipaD> please dont speak in public then qan> 7 members of council. we do not have quorum The Red Ace> thought this was a joke DDF > Why are there only 7 present for the first meeting? DDF > This isnt a good sign.. Rab> never even heard of it until now Wazzaaa.NL> some are afkish :/ Frogsk|n> 15 yr old game qan> many more are, but are not following it Frogsk|n> thats why qan> for the purposes of this example, we'll procede as if we do bellflowers> wheres mango at qan> I'll read the minutes from last meeting in brief. (read) bellflowers> you should be on council ddf DDF > lol qan> let's assume there are no special orders or unfinished business. does anyone have any new (example) business to bring before the council? Wazzaaa.NL> event scheduling ipaD> so would i have to go o/ ipaD> ? ffe> I can't find anything on the forum that describes the role of the council qan> you'd raise your hand at this point, yes Wazzaaa.NL> o Wazzaaa.NL> o/ qan> wazzaaa has the floor ffe> besides "TW Council is a governing body in Trench Wars set up in addition to the decision-making organization of TW staff." which I don't fully understand kOG5> it is to train tw jedis qan> (to motion something, begin with "I motion that" -- and use as exact a wording as you can) qan> (you will get to describe it in detail later) Rab> the usual purpose of a council in a game is for staff to get player input into decisions Wazzaaa.NL> i wanna talk about event scheduling, since the events arent coordinated properly bellflowers> they just setting up the system today though Rab> aye Wazzaaa.NL> they are published/ zoned way too late qan> that is not a valid motion Wazzaaa.NL> o? qan> you'll need to motion something specifically qan> we don't just talk about things at random. you need to propose something extremely specific. what do you want changed? Wazzaaa.NL> event scheduling. qan> what do you want to happen with event scheduling? Wazzaaa.NL> I motion that event scheduling needs to be coordinated better Rab> can I oppose the motion? qan> coordinated better how? do you propose there is some sort of system put in place? bellflowers> rab 4 concilman! qan> yes, once he gets a specific motion out Wazzaaa.NL> i want the event department to make their events published 3 weeks in advance Rab> unf ffe> rab: I realize, but what sort of decisions ? I haven't played TW for the past 3 years, and things have changed a lot Rab> umn, well - I'm familiar with the player council in eve online ffe> Is the ultimate goal to keep TW alive and prosperous? qan> OK, so you would say: "I motion that all events are decided and published at least 3 weeks in advance." M_M God> you cant oppose any motion if you're not on the council Rab :P Rab> in the case of eve, they use the council to collect opinions from all players - then represent those players at meetings sleepyjoe> o/ qan> yes, the key point, M_M. and only council members are allowed to speak during meetings. again, this meeting is informal. future ones will not be bellflowers> got ppl like ffe on council who hasnt played since 2011 Rab> so when the devs say 'we wanna build x feature' and the council say 'er wtf no' that's usually the end of it ffe> wtf ffe> I'm not on council bellflower Frogsk|n> isnt eve online 3d verison of this game? ffe> you can find a list of the council members here http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?44421-TW-Council-basic-information qan> sleepy, rather than raising your hand, if you have an objection or point of information, just state what it is. so "point of information" if you want more info on a particular thing qan> or "point of procedure" if you want to know how something works qan> (in terms of how the meeting handles it) M_M God> you surely dont know anything about tw council bellflowers :) sleepyjoe> i have a question about wazzaaa's motion Rab> well.. it's a 3d space game, and that's about where the similarity ends qan> we will be using "point of procedure" a fair bit, because the first few meetings will be rocky until everyone knows what's going on ffe> haha rab sleepyjoe> why is it important? get more players to events? prevent missing events? qan> that will be discussed IF he makes a motion. at the moment no motion is on the table sleepyjoe> oh Frogsk|n> lol rab qan> wazz has the floor, though -- are you going to motion anything, wazz? qpR> where's my chair? bellflowers> who are all these wbs on concil gotta add a spider like rab Rab> I motion that I should be on the council, seeing as I only just heard about the meeting and am attending sleepyjoe> i dont think that constitutes being elected. ipaD> rab the members have been elected keep comments relevant please ffe> I'm predicting the rigidness of the rules of order will be problematic bellflowers> ill vote for hi bellflowers> m Rab> someone elected Spock? Rab> :D Wazzaaa.NL> I motion that all events are decided and published at least 3 weeks in advance. M_M God> You all voted on them qan> does anyone second the motion? M_M God> or had the chance but didn't bother bellflowers> when was this vote i dont understand ipaD> so if i oppose i just speak out? ffe> I didn't! I just recently started playing again ;) (but that's why I don't get a vote) Rab> -shrugs- first time hearing about it qan> no, we wait for someone to second the motion qan> if nobody seconds the motion, there is no discussion -- the motion dies on the floor Left_Eye> the voting took place in public on TW-Poll Left_Eye> if i'm not mistaken qan> does anyone second the motion? qpR> money events 3 weeks in advance Left_Eye> it was also advertised almost everywhere I think :P Rab> no Left_Eye> in zoners, forums, etc. ThePAP> o/ Frogsk|n> o/ sleepyjoe> i second the motion cRaZyfUk> fks going on here qan> again, this is all an example still. we are not actually discussing this as a motion bellflowers> no1 reads green text fiS> bell plz qan> sleepyjoe seconds the motion qpR> fk fiS> we want this to move on, council been going on since omnths, now plz ffe> it wasn't advertised in my textbooks, where I've been looking for the past few years qan> order, please. keep your discussion to spec chat, and please keep it to what's absolutely needed Laughter> I think we should invade the imperials. The republic rules Shaddowknight> need reconnect, brb Rab> when I log in it auto ?chats .. so green shit scrolls up :) M_M God> If you're not on the council, don't talk in public chat but only here ipaD> if you continue to disturb the meeting in public chat you will be silenced Shaddowknight> ok, nkw whats going on, chat app kept getting glitchy on me ffe> I suggest temporarily silencing any non-conucilman who talks in public, with a polite explanation ffe> instead of pleading with them qan> right now, we are in an example meeting, shadd. wazz has the floor. wazz, you now have 2 minutes to explain your motion Wazzaaa.NL> wow 2minutes oke, i only see the weekendevents like one day before the weekend The Red Ace> qan where did you learn how to chair these meetings? study or from Law and Order or some TV show? M_M God> he's judge judy The Red Ace> Lol ipaD> please keep side comments in pm msg Wazzaaa.NL> so now when ppl are playing ss on tuesday they dont know what the weekendevent is or some cashevent is going on Rab> pretty sure ppl dont give a shit about events Rab> generally Wazzaaa.NL> maybe its better to make a event schedule Wazzaaa.NL> its example ffe> i have a feeling there's more to events than that ffe> and that it takes time to plan it out. or maybe it doesn't qan> point of information Rab> in 2001 there was WillBy> i have a feeling youre correct, ffe qan> does your motion only pertain to weekend events and cash events? qan> or all events? Wazzaaa.NL> all events qan> OK, understood, thank you, please continue Laughter> is this free speach now? because I'm totally on Wazzaa's side, I've been requesting this for years lol, go Wazza! Wazzaaa.NL> so therefor i would like that all events should be known 3 weeks in advance/ published Wazzaaa.NL> end Wazzaaa.NL> . qan> (at this point, the next person to type o/ has stood up and will have the floor) The Red Ace> does cash mean pubbux or real money events? I didnt play this in ages WillBy> o/ qan> the chair recognizes willby qan> willby, you have 2 minutes WillBy> point of procedure (?) qan> sure, what do you need to know? WillBy> oh WillBy> i guess i was just going to clarifywhat others may have questions about WillBy> nvm then ipaD> end with . qan> point of procedure is if you wish to ask a question of the chair about meeting procedure WillBy> ok i understand WillBy> event scheduling, even for the minimal weekend events, is difficult qan> if you wish to just talk about the motion, this is the time to do it, once you've done o/ and been recognized WillBy> just to fit todays (starcon) is tough without a surplus of hosters WillBy> to schedule all the events in TW is beyond the scope of the council or staff WillBy> . Laughter> o/ ffe> qan> laughter is not a member of the council, and is not recognized ffe> laughter you can't do that you're not on council LOL Laughter> lol ipaD> do i have to o/ to second someone else's description/motion? qan> (at this point, anyone who has an opinion on the issue that hasn't already been expressed should type o/ and take the floor) Drosophila> o/ qan> the chair recognizes drosophila -- you have 2 minutes Drosophila> would it be possible to sch events 3wks in advance? Wazzaaa.NL> so i cant talk anymore, until everyone has talked? ipaD> Rab> u just did Rab> :D cRaZyfUk> so this is a council meeting? ffe> question: do we have a comittee for each part of staff, ie. events, moderation, leagues, etc? ipaD> or if nobody else has an opinion i think qan> until everyone's had a chance to ThePAP> crazyfuk, it is, but it's the first one, meetings in the future will be smoother Drosophila> In other words is this even possible to do? qan> committees are established on the fly Rab> I think we all get the point tho... move on to something real? cRaZyfUk> what role do non-council members play? ffe> I meant outside of council, sorry Drosophila> Would one week be more reasonable? ipaD> @crazyfuk if u have questions u have to address them to a council member ThePAP> crazy: Mainly as observer as far as I know. It's a bit like politics. And yes, what ipad said. qan> (no one can answer you of course, in a normal meeting -- but these are questions that are important to answer. if there are questions about whether a motion is possible, it may be smart to put it to committee) qan> (or to table the motion until the next meeting, if you think a committee is not required, but time should be allowed to deliberate) Rab> Clealy a staffer can't commit to being present 3 weeks form now ipaD> yes which is what i was going to bring up ffe> the point of my question: Willby is the only person who truly knows how to respond to wazaa's motion on the council right now. Are there others that aren't on the council that are in a similar position as willby? Drosophila> that is all I have to say. fiS> whats the reason for scheduling THREE weeks in advance? ipaD> o/ Laughter> o/ fiS> peolpe know theres "bigger" events at the weekend at almost identical time Drosophila> . qan> the chair recognizes ipad -- 2 minutes Laughter> I can respond, I sent wazza some info ipaD> i acknowledge drosophila's and will's points ipaD> its kinda impossible for schdeduling for THREE weeks in advance ipaD> perhaps a bit over one week is possible Wazzaaa.NL> u can talk here to fis if u want to laughter, just yellow ipaD> . ffe> perhaps have a subforum for events, where public can vote on the upcoming week's events? qan> (at this point, a council member might move to ammend the motion to a different period of time) WillBy> if you have suggestions, i ask for them in every write up i do :( ffe> willby, I just started playing again. take everything I say with a grain of salt WillBy> ok lol Rab> Someone o/ and say 'how many ppl want events' coz I think the number is about 10 ffe> haven't even registered for forums yet o_O ipaD> so would one have to say "i move to... blah blah blah"? fiS> rab, plz WillBy> its on trenchwars.org Laughter> an event website would be nice starters, then voting for events, then host points for hosting events, and scheduling them, etc. WillBy> also being zoned every 2 hours ffe> ipad, that would be point of procedure i think Rab> i.e. about 0.0001 of the population qan> yes, you'd say "I move to amend the motion" Laughter> a certain amount of attendance should give a person more event points that will allow them to event host events themeselves Zizzo> wish 0.0001 of ss population would be 10 Rab> ^ qan> er, rather, you'd need to say in particular what you'd want to change it to. so "I move to amend the motion to 'new motion wording'" wbm> moar pizza tournies ffe> Rab, I'm guessing if there are not enough people for an event to take place for weeks on end, your message will present itself ipaD> i move to ammend the motion for events to be adverted around one week in advance Laughter> event voting and bonuses for attendance would help with events qan> you'll need to be more specific -- technically that motion can go through, but it's best to be very clear on the wording, or we'll just have to amend it again to be exact qan> one week exactly? 8 days? 6 days? ipaD> thats something that i purposely left open ipaD> ok fine qan> to give some wiggle room for staff? qan> that's fine ipaD> yes ipaD> but roughly a week qan> but it's just not very strongly-binding. open to interpretation, still, that's fine. OK, ipad has moved to amend WillBy> o/ qan> does anyone second the motion? WillBy> i second qan> willby seconds the motion Laughter> is there a place to go to read up on events now? qan> now -- this is a subsidiary motion, a motion ABOUT another motion Rab> it would, but improving events doesnt improve the zone, it's an antipattern hulk> wut time beam tw council bellflowers> .?go events qan> we can debate it if anyone wishes to ipaD> great big mouth beam here beam> should just allow me to be the king qan> does anyone wish to discuss the amendment, or shall we put it to a vote? not u> can greens fc be put back into elim, dds, jds ect. Why did they take them out? Wazzaaa.NL> vote ipaD> i move for it to be on vote Drosophila> 2nd beam> turn this council into a dictatorship WAR> RIOT? WillBy> o/ hulk> where is the gr8 exalt hulk> guy writing books on forums n doesn't even show to meeting beam> does anyone know what this 'qan' guy is talking about Laughter> hmm... lol Wazzaaa.NL> why is willby doing o/ qan> there is no more discussion, so we are ready to vote on the question beam> zone been goin downhill ever since he came around WillBy> trying to discuss :/ qan> ah, OK, sorry willby bellflowers> they want to choose events weeks prior to hosting them qan> willby wishes to discuss the amendment. chair recognizes, you have 2 minutes Wazzaaa.NL> you want to discuss about the 1 week motion? WillBy> a quick note on implementation of this motion qan> willby has the floor beam> for weekend event? bellflowers> for all events hulk> that is so stupid not u> thats a good idea beam> why hulk> no one even plays those shitty events not u> w.e Rab> well, it's an example motion so can't tell if srs. but they say book 3 weeks ahead ipaD> no it been changed rab qan> (remember, this is discussing the amendment, not the original motion) WillBy> weekend event scheduling will be possible 1 week in advance as soon as staff is large enough hulk> wut time we bring back pure basing in pub ipaD> please reduce side comments to yellow chat hulk> rude not u> im still pissed they took greens out years ago WillBy> for now, events staff simply isnt active enough to have hosts available and ready for scheduling a week in advance Laughter> sounds like the main problem is attendance, all other motions revolve around attendance Laughter> even this council WillBy> so we want an implementation deadline hulk> hosting isnt the problem in the zone hulk> l0l hulk> those events were fun u know when i was like 13 playing this game WillBy> currently, and no offence to our others, the only weekend event hosters are field and i WillBy> so we need to increase that number some beam> i was staff for a while and 100% of my hosting was spontaneous Rab> I motion that ppl only make motions when they're super cereal - as this process takes so fkin long beam> if i was told what to host and when id have hosted 0 events WillBy> can i change the motion again? qan> this is an example motion -- not binding beam> that takes all the fun out of it WillBy> to clarify it? WillBy> point of procedure* ^^ qan> let me see, one sec. it might be easier just to vote on this motion first, heh WAR> this is retarded beam> i dont play events anyway though so i dont really care WAR> put lefteye in charge of sysop WAR> get rid of u fuks qan> yes, you can amend it qan> move to amend WillBy> ok Rab> or not hulk> wut time we talk about next league hulk> ? M_M God> put in a motion for that war, oh wait you're not on council ipaD> lol WillBy> i move to amend the motion to state "Weekend events will be planned with 1 week (at least 6 days) in advance." WillBy> . qan> anyone second? Laughter> brilliant idea, why not have player usages and other stats posted on the event news letter as you join the site, it would give people a goal to strive for ThePAP> I second. M_M God> y qan> thepap seconds beam> arent the weekend events alread planned a week in advance hulk> ? beam> if not whoever is in charge of that is an idiot qan> does anyone wish to discuss this new motion, or are we ready to vote? Rab> zone already has a leaderboard, it's called twd Laughter> like #1 player of the site hulk> beam> already* Rab> and there's noobpub stats too hulk> ur gona make zidanes ego blow up qan> (beam, this meeting is informal, but please keep it to spec chat) Laughter> site based ranking not just squad WAR> good luck with tw council fail hulk> fkn beam ipaD> i move to vote on most recently amended motion WAR> u guys are going plcaes WAR> gg Rab> u dont have the stats to rank players properly Rab> losing battle beam> i have no idea whats going on Rab> game is a team game qpR> be quiet beam beam> bunch of newbies are typing bout nonsense Rab> ranking teams is correct WAR> you are correct beam qpR> motion: beam is a fgt qan> no discussion. we vote -- all in favor of willby's amendment: Weekend events will be planned with 1 week (at least 6 days) in advance.", raise your hand o/ qan> o/ ThePAP> o/ Drosophila> o/ hulk> \o Wazzaaa.NL> o/ WillBy> o/ sleepyjoe> o/ ipaD> o/ beam> good vote hulk WAR> apparently this joke will make subspace get a popution of 1000 Laughter> unfortunately, that will fail without attendance qpR> _o hulk> ye hulk> am contributing Left_Eye> o/ qpR> me2 Laughter> as willby pointed out qpR> me pretending to b da 1 guy who opposes Rab> yeh, no quorum gg qan> 8 for. all opposed? (you may also abstain) hulk> unless u guys do weekend events for money hulk> no1 is going to play that shit hulk> fyi qan> none oppose. the amendment passes Rab> lie beam> whos in charge of the weekend events WillBy> i am qan> as this motion amends the previous motion, which was also an amendment, we don't need to vote on whether it amends the original motion beam> but ur a pubber qan> does anyone wish to discuss the motion? hulk> are u guys going 2 talk about anything important WillBy> the motion that just passed? WAR> lol what does this council actually do? qan> no, the one we're now on. we voted on AMENDING the motion :> beam> they used to plan those weekend events a month ahead of time qan> we're now on the motion itself WillBy> oh... beam> idk why u need a meeting to plan a week hulk> they get to vote i think WAR> youre voting on shitty events for the weekend???????? when you should be getting the population up?? WillBy> lol Laughter> I hate having to look through websites to find stats, the event bulletin would be nice to just see who currently has the highest rank in pub, twd, wbduel, base, and javduel, etc. qan> (that's why it's good to get the wording right the first time -- but amending is a big part of the process) Rab> they're learning the process, this events thing is an example qan> if no-one wishes to discuss the motion, I move to table the motion hulk> events will not increase the population M_M God> We're working on something like that for when you enter pub, Laughter Rab> yaya we all know this Laughter> yah, attendance should be the primary focus of the council though hulk> same fkn people play this game every day Rab> events = antipattern beam> the council is comprised of pub newbies ipaD> big weak here beam> and ppl who go 3-20 in twld finals qan> does anyone second the motion? (I am moving to table it because we do not have enough information to know it's feasible) Weak> 2-12 fiS> yeah, these pubbers had more votes than you beam =) WAR> i motion to slit your wrists Left_Eye> I second. hulk> demand a revote for beamir qan> left_eye seconds Rab> LOL bellflowers> events take away players from public making the players from public leave because of low pop beam> im not popular in pub 0 hulk> no hulk> events don't do anything General Pepe> is this some event? Rab> pub+twd = the future of tw qan> the motion is now on the table. if it is not removed from the table by the end of the next meeting, the motion will die -- it will be covered in the "unfinished business" part of the meeting Rab> nothing elkse Laughter> attendance is the solution to all, it should be the focus of most of these meetings Rab> said this ~3 yrs ago] qan> oops. I'm sorry :P qan> getting very ahead of myself hulk> attendance? ThePAP> General: Nope, it's an example/practice/informal meeting of tw council. General Pepe> aa qan> all those in favor of tabling the motion, raise your hand? qan> o/ bellflowers> beam in 4 spock Laughter> getting more people into the game ThePAP> o/ ipaD> o/ hulk> its the same people that play this game every day Drosophila> o/ WAR> going to raise my hand into your ass qan hulk> not getting any new people qan> (keep it to spec please) Laughter> new people should be the focus though and keeping them hulk> guys are still hosting go zombies after 15 years hulk> l0l WillBy> o/ qan> 5 in favor. all opposed? Rab> new ppl would stay if it was clear what they're supposed to do Laughter> yeah, that's the problem sleepyjoe> tabling it just means we move on? great sleepyjoe> o/ Laughter> there is no goal hulk> new people don't even know how to change arenas Rab> they're supposed to pub for a week then find a twd squad hulk> they log in and play our shitty fucking pub qan> is that a vote in favor? yes, it means we move on qan> and deal with it next meeting, or later in this meeting hulk> get spawned and die to levi every other second hulk> and alt f4 qan> if someone moves to take it from the table Murder> the evil council hulk> welcum qan> I don't think we had a majority -- it's hard to tell, because now weak and others who weren't here at the start have arrived Murder> welcum qan> but let's assume it passed for the sake of this example meeting being useful beam> this is really exciting Laughter> the other problem is old folks don't like change qan> the motion is laid on the table for the time being beam> im happy the council of pubbers is taking an hour to decide that willby can do his job qan> does anyone have any other business they'd like to bring before the council? hulk> these changes don't effect the "old folks" Laughter> for example, if squad names became rank names and those under a given rank would be together, that would give a goal to a lot of people qan> this is all non-binding. an example meeting Rab> security hulk> what time we talk about leagues Laughter> but, the squad owners would never give up their squads for an actual ranking system hulk> squad ranking system hulk> so u want us to play pub hulk> and rank hulk> ? Rab> tw has tw dev - but is there a dev for security Weak> should reset some old names Weak> x) hulk> ye cud use name "Weak" Weak> cud use name exquisite Weak> welcum Drosophila> do we want to talk about scheduling future meetings now? Laughter> no, for example, everyone starts out in one squad and then move up to other squads as a goal, some general goal would be great M_M God> thats only possible if we get our own biller (move away from SSC) or get more control on the current biller Weak hulk> ya right Weak> ah, forgot about that qan> that's an actual question we should put to an actual council. that can be our first real item of business, if you'd like hulk> the current billing ops are gay as fuck Laughter> this game has very loose goals Rab> can a council member plz motion that tw dev appoint a security expert? hulk> they are all 4o x10 qan> if everyone is fairly comfortable with how this will work Left_Eye> well the other situation is to move away with SSC as it is Left_Eye> so have everyone move Left_Eye> not just TW hulk> how come no1 from tw is a billing op qan> and we can get real business done when the chats are locked :P Weak> that seems like it could take a lot of time Laughter> people are not focused and get lost, all the servers should be merged for example sleepyjoe> based on this meeting there are at least 30 interested people, maybe 20 non-council, should we allow a mechanism for recording the opinion of non-council members during votes? is there something for that in your rules? hulk> its all useless fgts that play in t3 gauntlet Weak> plus, if it is not a smooth move, tw will probably lose more members hulk> with a population of 1 person Weak> i agree with you sleepy qan> typically only members of the meeting are allowed in a meeting. you can bring in an expert testimony, but you should plan it in advance ThePAP> Rab, a security expert in which way? Against in-game hacking/abusing, or attacks on the server, or something else Rab> tbh if you want to lock it down, do it in private Weak> ^ hulk> yo we ever talking about leagues hulk> ? sleepyjoe> oh, i thought it was going to be public with a bot moderating Laughter> I didn't join the council, because the only problem I'm interested in is getting attendance Rab> primarily I'm thinking database qan> it's public, so that all can still see it happening. I'd also like for non-council to be on their own freq, so they can discuss Laughter> nothing is worse than going into a game with 5 people Weak> we should still have the public opinion via votes to see where the non members stand as a majority, requiring a certain number of votes to really take into consideration (ie: 50 votes minimum on an issue instead of just one where 5 ppl vote) qan> generally, any motion you want to be seriously considered at a meeting you need to have on the agenda, though. so if you are soliciting opinions, you'll have all the info you need BEFORE the meeting starts ThePAP> Ok, thanks. Weak> so Weak> also bellflowers> "non-council to be on their own freq" Weak> are there any plans for the next league/draft/twl? qan> if you'd like, you can make a motion to amend the rules of procedure the meeting has adopted, but I don't think it's a wise move bellflowers> means ur opinion dosent matter Weak> we shouldn't amend it quite yet Weak> unless the old way fails hard qan> motions brought to council should be on the agenda, and should be able to be discussed ahead of time. most serious motions brought up on the fly will be put to committee or tabled. qan> (at least, that's how it works in most organizations) sleepyjoe> name one organization qan! qan> a vote on the fly isn't very meaningful Drosophila> ^ qan> heh :) why one in particular? qan> most corporations, most governments. you put something on the agenda if you want it to be seriously considered Laughter> oh well, I'll know if the council has done something based on attendance, whatever fis did that one weekend to boost attendance was awsome Rab> +1 this is standard practice qan> if it's a small motion, you can try your luck with it the day of the meeting, but it's not considered smart beam> is qan the head of the council M_M God> chairman beam> guy is taking charge of this meeting Laughter> ok, time to go M_M God> thats usually what they do yes Weak> this may be a stretch, but if there is something that needs to be discussed, put it on forums or such, have people vote if they want it to be brought up, and if it gets majority vote (Certain % required obviously), we (tw council) can schedule it on Weak> agenda beam> isnt he staff Rab> who cares qan> chairman's responsibility is to make sure the rules of the meeting are adhered to. this meeting is basically 1 big "point of procedure" Weak> so the meetings flow sleepyjoe> qan, i see what you're saying - these rules are used in stockholder meetings at corporations, and in parliamentary things sleepyjoe> but note that the government itself, and the corporation itself take action outside of those meetings. qan> I'd say that putting it on the agenda is enough. if you're serious about a motion and put it on the agenda, it can be dealt with well enough in the meeting itself sleepyjoe> those meetings are to adjust the laws and shit... that's what we do? qan> staff will act outside of this meeting as well, yeah sleepyjoe> ok got it qan> we're working on policy issues mostly, yes Wazzaaa.NL> where can i find this agenda sleepyjoe> ya, how do we keep up to date on agenda and stuff? qan> how that policy is introduced is up to staff (and, hopefully, players) Drosophila> typically the chair will post a agenda before the meeting, sleepyjoe> messagebot isn't really that great. sleepyjoe> to get something ont he agenda submit it to qan? qan> contact me here or on forums to add items to the agenda, and I'll add them as they come in Drosophila> will you post the agenda on the forums? qan> you can also simply message the twcouncil channel on messagebot. I'll have to make sure everyone's able to do that. should be !message twcouncil:msg qan> yes, the agenda will be posted on the forums. I'm working with Shadd to get the Council forums restructured a bit qan> it'll be a little on the rough side for the first few meetings -- I think we all expect that Drosophila> I think this is a good start. qan> but once we get into the swing of it, I think we can use this pretty effectively. beam> u guys ever gna use that donation money Drosophila> I come back to scheduling the next meeting. What freq should we have the meeting? 1 per month? fiS> i already spent it on a cruise sorry bro hulk> are we ever going 2 talk about leagues hulk> am waiting qan> usually it's as often as business warrants -- if you build up too much business for 1 meeting, you can't work through it all qan> not enough and it feels like a waste of time beam> they wont talk about anything that matters beam> its the same crap every meeting with staff WillBy> this is mostly just a meeting to establish how we run it hulk> o qan> this meeting is literally just for procedure. and the reason we're establishing REAL procedure is so that it isn't the same as every other meeting WillBy> we dont have committees formed yet hulk> could have told me many year ago hulk> ty M_M God> this is mostly about a pub council beam> it is beam> pub M_M God> not staff putting in motions hulk> u guys didnt even talk about pub M_M God> a player council then qan> public, he means, not public arena beam> this council aside beam> cuz its garbage hulk> u guys need to change pub hulk> that shit is unplayable beam> staff needs more transparency M_M God> what do you want to know? lol beam> dunno why u guys are so secretive about leagues fiS> whats up beam qan> I'd like to run the first true meeting fairly soon from now, while procedure is still fresh in everyone's mind hulk> i dun think any1 wants to run twdt even if we were to have one beam> make a schedule Drosophila> when are you suggesting? beam> for leagues Weak> twdt is honestly probably the funnest league qan> we could submit a series of dates, as we did for this one, but a larger variety? Weak> but you're right hulk, all depends on attendance, as everything odes qan> I assume weekends are the only way we can all be here, as we're from different parts of the world Weak> and I can't spell today qan> is that roughly true for everyone? can we agree on adhering to a meeting date that works for the largest number of people, sometime between... let's say, 2 weeks from now and 4 weeks from now? qan> (and on the weekend) qan> that will give us a time to develop a real agenda WillBy> i second ^^ :p Drosophila> that sounds good Weak> i concur qan> OK, I will get that out ASAP, then qan> is there anything else anyone would like to discuss -- questions, clarifications, etc? this will be the last time a council meeting is informal, so it's easier now than saying "point of procedure" and interrupting future meetings qan> the agenda and minutes will be posted on forums Mr. Racist> agenda: make everyone sysop qan> talking to players (and in the case of staff members, staff) whom you represent about any issues you want to bring to council is strongly advised beam> pretty sure that even staff has no idea what league is next Rab> personally I'd only have twd qan> but, also remember that we can retract a motion as needed. so it's not the end of the world if we screw up a bit :> beam> there has to be another league of some kind eventually Rab> why Weak> if we didn't have twl/twdt I probably wouldn't even care to log on as much Rab> bonus :P beam> qan> OK, if there's no other discussion, I move to adjourn Weak> i'm not the only one that feels that way Weak> i second beam> because theres no competition without leagues qan> weak seconds. all in favor? qan> o/ Rab> twd is competition ThePAP> o/ beam> all the good players go inactive during offseason WillBy> o/ Wazzaaa.NL> o/ Rab> twl is just a copy of twd beam> theres no competition in twd Weak> \o/ Weak> twl at least rewards soemthing qan> all opposed? Weak> even if it's a silly medal Drosophila> o/ Rab> move medals to twd Rab> solved Acido> o/ Weak> for whta Weak> how would you offer medals in twd beam> the medals dont matter Weak> I'm just saying, it's a different league Drosophila> lol adjourn Weak> people view it differently qan> 4-1, motion passes. the meeting is adjourned ffe> current motion? ffe> oh ffe> LOL beam> twl is enjoyable because all of the best players participate Rab> point is, if u can get ppl to be active regularly - instead of once a year beam> in twdd i play terrible newbies like tripin and jebass Weak> and i like twdt because you can't really stack squads and you don't choose your team Rab> u can focus the whole zone on twd WillBy> i suggest we ?go starcon next Weak> it gives you an idea to see who s teps up and how they play with ppl they may not normally team with Rab> if u interrupt twd for twl for those ppl who arent even active WillBy> as it is the event scheduled to take place in... 7 minutes MrWhippy> Fuck the council. I call for democracy qan> talk to council members about putting motions on the agenda for the next meeting