Any suggestions for TWD in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions for TWD in general?

This is a thread for any suggestions at all for changes/additions to any of the TWD leagues or the website itself. If you have any ideas at all, this is the place to let us know.

Please keep any discussion about the resolution limit change to the existing thread regarding it.
    sdg

you should just merge this topic and the twsd topic you now have..... and the twbd one that ease has.
    TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
    2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
    TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
    TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
    cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
    Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Suggestion #1: Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame in TWD

We could have a Hall of Fame / Hall of Shame page in TWD -- similar to the one that can be found in TWEL -- with

How about we have Hall of Fame (or Hall of Shame) page, similar to the one that can be found in TWEL, with some statistics from all TWD games from every reset? Statistics such as..
      • Most Comebacks (Min. 30 Rounds in TWDD/TWJD) ((total amount of comeback mentions))
      • Highest Average KO's (Min. 30 Rounds in TWDD/TWJD) ((average KO's per round))
      • Highest Killing Streaks (Min. 20 Rounds in TWDD/TWJD/TWSD/TWBD) ((separate statistics for every ship/division))
      • Most 2FERs (Min. 20 Rounds in TWDD/TWJD) ((total amount of 2FERs achieved by a player))
      • Most 3FERs (Min. 20 Rounds in TWDD/TWJD) ((total amount of 3FERs achieved by a player))
      • Highest Average TeKs in a Ship (Min. 20 Games in TWBD) ((separate statistics for every ship))
      • Highest Average RPD in Shark (Min. 30 Games in TWBD) ((only count if shark has died at least 50 times))

and then have a Hall of Shame with things such as .. "times spawned, "team kills", "highest losing streaks" and so on.

^was random. couldn't think of anything else.

Comment

Suggestion #2

Abolish TWD. Have TWL twice a year, all squads with more than 25 on roster.

Comment

pee pee sock 4 sysop
          1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

is there a way to further incorporate the K O stat? somewhere next to your kills/deaths.

total damage done per ship in twbd. sometimes i feel like i am hitting everyone 3 times and always some teammate kills the guy with one shot, could be a nice stat.

player kills. keeping a history of who you have killed and who killed you... ie jones v raspi 2-17

5s as default challenge

less points received from a 4v4 alternatively up to a 6v6 game

disable blueout

first out icon next to someones name

same map for twlj and twjd

thats all i got now
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

I believe that there is a variable that determines the lifetime of a warbird bullet and I think that time should be shortened to prevent unskilled strays. Take the luck out of competitive games where the winner is supposed to be the best, not the luckiest that day/game/time. I know you can't eliminate luck completely but minimize it without taking anything else away if possible.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
              3:Best> see it coming
              3:Best> sad

Comment

Allow non-team subs in TWD, up to 1 for TWDD/JD and 2 for TWBD. So if you have 8 people who want to play on one team and the other only has 6 the team with 6 can add 2 non-team players to the game. So you make a command like !addplayer but instead it's !allownts nts being non-team sub and then it'll allow the other team to add a non-team sub. If you want to specify which player you want to let the other team add type !allownts Burnt then that will allow Burnt and only Burnt to play for the opposing team. This will also allow squads to try out players for their squad if they wish and make the game more enjoyable because their will be less waiting in spec. This will also allow TWDD/JD squads to play with 3 squad members and BD squads to play with technically 3 (really 4 since few want to play 5v5) if the other team will allow a NTS or two. You could disable NTS games from effecting TWD ratings while squads are qualify for TWL as well.

Comment

Make a big bullet graphic the default bullet graphic for every TWDD arena. It is my understanding that this would force everyone to use this same bullet graphic so you would have to test the bullet graphics to make sure the graphic is generally liked by the players. Right now if a new player starts to play TWDD he's at a disadvantage because he's playing with these tiny bullets he can barely see. It may take weeks or months before he hears how to change his bullet graphic to make them more visible. Considering they are already at an experience disadvantage it would make sense to remove other disadvantages wherever possible. Do the same thing with the ship graphic, right now I use a red dot graphic in front of my ship which I feel helps me aim. So right now I have 2 choices, play with the red dot/big bullets and have an advantage over those who don't use them, or play without and be at a disadvantage to those who do use then. If I have to choose i'll take the advantage but I'd rather not have to and play on an even playing field.

Comment

rofl.... most all horrible ideas.... I say have someone put money,games,prizes ect... to the top winning teams and mvp players of twl and allow more tournaments with prizes and shit. I'll gladly donate 1000 dollars yearly to go into tournament prizes ect... for tournaments and shit. this is great idea. plus will gvie people to look forward to ACTUALLY PLAY THIS FUCKING Game ffs. ohh and have a tw treasurey person who is trustable in dealin with the prize funds and shit.
                    My idea so far best one yet.
                    TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                    2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                    TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                    TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                    cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                    Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                      Make a big bullet graphic the default bullet graphic for every TWDD arena. It is my understanding that this would force everyone to use this same bullet graphic so you would have to test the bullet graphics to make sure the graphic is generally liked by the players. Right now if a new player starts to play TWDD he's at a disadvantage because he's playing with these tiny bullets he can barely see. It may take weeks or months before he hears how to change his bullet graphic to make them more visible. Considering they are already at an experience disadvantage it would make sense to remove other disadvantages wherever possible. Do the same thing with the ship graphic, right now I use a red dot graphic in front of my ship which I feel helps me aim. So right now I have 2 choices, play with the red dot/big bullets and have an advantage over those who don't use them, or play without and be at a disadvantage to those who do use then. If I have to choose i'll take the advantage but I'd rather not have to and play on an even playing field.
                      in my opinion the red dots in front of ships (in your graphics) do not give any sort of advantage at all, rather i would consider using those ships as a disadvantage as they are..

- ugly as hell
                      - distracting as fuck (red dot does not move in a circular pattern, rather it just jumps in a weird way when moving)
                      - impractical

i would do way worse than i currently do (which would be, uh -- super bad) if i had to use those ships, especially now that i'm used to my current set of graphics that i made.

and as much as i would want to agree with you on the bullet thing, there are some people that absolutely do not want to play with any sort of big bullets or simply want to keep their current customized graphics. we should respect these people.

what we could do (this would be easy tbh) is a subarena with different graphics to be previewed, such as big bullets, and instructions on how to install the graphic(s) to be your defaults.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                        Allow non-team subs in TWD, up to 1 for TWDD/JD and 2 for TWBD. So if you have 8 people who want to play on one team and the other only has 6 the team with 6 can add 2 non-team players to the game. So you make a command like !addplayer but instead it's !allownts nts being non-team sub and then it'll allow the other team to add a non-team sub. If you want to specify which player you want to let the other team add type !allownts Burnt then that will allow Burnt and only Burnt to play for the opposing team. This will also allow squads to try out players for their squad if they wish and make the game more enjoyable because their will be less waiting in spec. This will also allow TWDD/JD squads to play with 3 squad members and BD squads to play with technically 3 (really 4 since few want to play 5v5) if the other team will allow a NTS or two. You could disable NTS games from effecting TWD ratings while squads are qualify for TWL as well.
                        yeah i had thought about this as a future temp solution to squads not having enough or maybe to break up some of the super squads so there is more variation as squads dry up and ppl congregate on the few left

but ultimately it just becomes like why dont these squads just go to ?go base ?go wbduel ?go javduel and do it there
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

allow diff squads for diff leagues

this idea probably unfeasible but yeah some ppl are happy on their single league squad but also want to base or wb or jav. Instead of these players having to ditch their squad for a super sized 3 league squad allow them to join another squad only for one league.

i.e. the same name joins up to a squad with the one of 4 options of DD JD BD ALL if it's ALL no other squads can be joined if it's a single choice then they can join another 2 squads on the other single choices but the roster check only allows them on that league they signed up in (ignoring current squadjoined status if possible)

the main benefit is this would actually increase slightly the number of ppl available in the leagues and make smaller more numerous single league squads more viable and easier to run/recruit
                          In my world,
                          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                            in my opinion the red dots in front of ships (in your graphics) do not give any sort of advantage at all, rather i would consider using those ships as a disadvantage as they are..

- ugly as hell
                            - distracting as fuck (red dot does not move in a circular pattern, rather it just jumps in a weird way when moving)
                            - impractical

i would do way worse than i currently do (which would be, uh -- super bad) if i had to use those ships, especially now that i'm used to my current set of graphics that i made.
                            What I meant was, make the settings so that you can't use the red dot. That way if it's not an advantage, nobody will miss them but if they are then it'll create a more even playing field and newer players won't be at a disadvantage. But with big bullets they should be the arena settings since the ones that come with the game are crap.

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                            and as much as i would want to agree with you on the bullet thing, there are some people that absolutely do not want to play with any sort of big bullets or simply want to keep their current customized graphics. we should respect these people.
                            Some may be annoyed at first but I think they will get used to them.

Comment

fuck all of this, you are seriously retarded burnt.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X