No announcement yet.

TWDT FINALS PREVIEW (by Kess and Ogron)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWDT FINALS PREVIEW (by Kess and Ogron)

TWDT-D Finals

by Ogron

Power

Regular Season: 8-2
    Semi-Finals: Defeated Paladin 2-1 (50-37, 35-50, 50-34)

8/9/10: Okyo/Weak/Ricko/Raazi/Beam
    7: Bacon/Trasher
    6: Henry Saari/Sassafras/Ixador

Power was dominant in the regular season, led by monster performances from Okyo and Ricko, who finished #3 and #4 in the Warbird Scoring Race.

Weak rounded out their high stars, with another strong season, finishing #11, while Trasher was their go-to 7-Star, with an excellent showing at #14 as Bacon failed to show all year due to EG playoff commitments.

Henry Saari soaked up the bulk of the 6-Star duties, finishing with a respectable 42-45 record over 6 games, but Sassafras and Ixador also played several games.

Their lineup completely changed in the Semi-Finals due to no shows and the end of EG playoffs, with only Okyo and Henry Saari reprising his role, as three of their five starters were swapped out!

That speaks to Power's incredible depth in Warbird, and Zidane's commitment to becoming the first captain to ever win three titles in the same league (although, interestingly, two other teams can achieve the same feat this season. Terrorist could potentially do the same in Javelin, while Terrorist or Baratheon will accomplish the feat in Base, as both have won two titles.)

Power would also become only the second team in history to win back-to-back titles in the same league (top5squad accomplished the feat in TWDT-D in 2009 and 2010.)

Their Semi-Finals victory was powered by Raazi, Beam, and Bacon, with Raazi going off in his debut, notching 12-6, 12-10, and 15-4 performances to overcome a 15-3 vys hard carry in Round 2 and secure a Finals berth.

Okyo is clearly the engine of this team, showing up every week and leading the team in kills, whilst setting the tempo in terms of pace and aggression. Players like this are crucial to winning at the top level, as a larger audience, bigger stage, and nerves creep into the team, and someone pushing, luring, and drawing fire to expose enemy players to vulches and easy kills helps everyone else get in rhythm and promotes playing for the team rather than for rec.

It's a double-edged sword, as his style can sometimes backfire, leading to early exits and singlehandedly costing his team the game, but it's better to risk it all and fail spectacularly than risk nothing and be a footnote in someone else's history book. No guts, no glory.

I suspect Ricko and Weak will get first crack at the last two high-star slots, as they earned them playing well all season. Okyo is the only untouchable, though, and Zidane is a ruthless captain who will sub or start different players if he has the option and feels it's necessary.

Raazi and Beam will likely be waiting in the wings, and their stellar performances in the Semi-Finals will be swimming in Ziddy Kong's mind should someone begin to struggle. Raazi and Weak won TWLD S20 on Burn with him, so expect Raazi to be first sub, and for Weak to get a longer leash than Ricko should a round go awry.

Bacon was the plan all along at the 7-Star, and even with Trasher showing in the Semis, Zidane chose to start his third round pick. If he can't get it done in the Finals, however, leaning on a trusted veteran known to perform in the clutch like Trasher is definitely an option.

Henry Saari will be on thin ice, despite getting the majority of the minutes at the 6-Star. He's already been supplanted by Sassafras in jav, but his tenure in Warbird is more secure, and he produced an acceptable 5-5 in Round 3 of the Semis.

Brexit

Regular Season: 7-3
    Semi-Finals: Defeated Baratheon 2-0 (50-38, 50-33)

8/9/10: Iron Survivor/Ease/Attacks/Geio/Olde
    7: Temujin
    6: Omega Red

This squad, in contrast to Power, has very little depth. Like the movie 300, Brexit is an elite unit taking on an army. They only have seven players in their rotation, and the beauty of it is that it may not matter, as you can only play five players at a time. Should their team show, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Attacks spent an enormous amount of draft capital on Base, with a team that looked like favorites to win it, but never managed to gel as a team. Their Warbird line, on the other hand, has looked like a well-oiled machine all season, finishing second behind only Power in the standings, and taking down a solid Baratheon line with relative ease, never being pushed to the limit in either round.

Iron Survivor, for the second straight season, won the Scoring Race. He is the defending TWLD and TWDT-D champion, and he is an unstoppable force with a recalcitrant lag shield.

Ease is the greatest player to ever play the game, who, despite his activity, is always dangerous, and looked sharp in the Semi-Finals, MVPing the last round with a 13-5.

Attacks has dramatically improved his resumé the past two years, winning a TWDT-D title with Paddington and a TWLD ring with Force. He decimated Baratheon with a sublime 16-6, a strong response to his dookie 6-10 early exit against them earlier in the season. He has proven his mettle, and is unlikely to falter in the Finals. If he does, Geio will be waiting in the wings, posting another stellar regular season by finishing #8 and 10.3-8.8 average. Should they need to dig deeper into the rotation, Olde had a very nice season, playing half the games, and finishing with a 48-45 record.

At the 7-Star, Brexit remains very strong, with Temujin having a great season, finishing #16 overall. His performance is key, as Power has two superstar 7-Stars and won't have any liabilities in their top four. We'll see how he handles the pressure, though, as he is unproven in the playoffs. Should he falter, J-B-Inc and Stung could perhaps fill the void, but that is a huge step down from Power's backup plan in Trasher -- a proven veteran who will perform when called upon.

While they trail slightly at the 7-Star, I think they have a big edge at the 6-Star position, with Omega Red already having tons of experience as a low-star Javelin and Warbird. He finished #19 overall in the TWDT-D Scoring Race, the highest 6-Star on the list. He has played in a TWL finals and several TWDT finals -- he knows the drill, and he was a clear asset in the Semi-Finals last Sunday rather than a liability, with impressive 8-7 and 12-6 scores despite never being an impact player or initiating the offense. He's a bad warbird on every technical level, but it's unlikely Power will find a way to expose him given his cautious positioning and the excellent teamwork of those around him, always going out of their way to cover him and take fire, giving him soft targets to vulch from mid-to-long range.

Conclusion

Power is the deepest squad in TWDT-D. Its biggest strength is its ability to survive no shows and lag. This trait tends to become less useful against a team like Brexit that shows 100%, as having six high-star starters doesn't help you when there's only three spots.

Okyo, Weak, Ricko, Raazi, and Beam are excellent warbirds, but I think they are at a disadvantage in the high-star matchup.

Iron Survivor > Okyo
    Ease > Weak
    Attacks < Raazi/Ricko/Beam

Two of Brexit's starters are clearly superior to Power's top two players. I think the combination of being able to play either Raazi, Ricko or Beam against Attacks gives them the edge in the third spot, but that's about it.

At the 7-Star, Bacon is perhaps the best player left at that rating, while Trasher is also terrific value.

Temujin < Bacon/Trasher

The combination of both gives Power the edge, but Temujin has been excellent all season, so the advantage isn't as significant as Power enthusiasts would hope.

I think Power's only real weakness are its 6-Stars, who are quite bad at warbird. Henry, Sassafras, and Ixador are all unappealing options in a high-level TWDT-D Final. I also think Omega Red is a bad warbird, but having played the Semi-Finals against Brexit and attempted to exploit him, I just didn't find the room or the opportunity. He's a veteran who sticks with the team and won't fight you one-on-one, and just lobs and runs like a worse version of Welt, which is exactly what you want from a low-star.

Omega Red > Henry Saari/Sassafras

Neither of these players are going to decide the series, but they both need to stay safe, stray, and manage 6-7 kills a round to carry their weight, something Omega is simply better at doing. We went out of our way in the Semis to try to expose him and couldn't. Power is deeper and more talented than us, so maybe they'll have better luck, but I doubt it.

Both these teams are fantastic, and it is neither luck nor coincidence that they finished #1 and #2 during the regular season and made the finals. There's a lot to like on both sides, but the point of a preview is to sift through the granularity and determine who is more likely to prevail.

Prediction

I'm predicting Brexit to win the TWDT-D Finals, by a score of 2-1. Iron is the best warbird in the zone right now, Ease is the GOAT, Attacks and Geio are playing very well, Temujin has been fantastic at the 7, and Omega is the best 6 in this series by far. As long as they have a full show, I think they'll be victorious.

Power is stronger in the middle, as their 3rd and 4th options are slightly better than Attacks and Temujin, but I feel the gap at the 1st, 2nd, and 5th positions is more significant, and their depth won't help them solve the fact that Iron, Ease, and Omega are better than their counterparts.

Good luck to both teams!
    Last edited by ogron; 06-01-2017, 01:56 PM.
    top 100 basers list

TWDT-J Finals
    by Kess

Disclamer: I’m doing this because I think these sort of threads are important to each league and are always interesting to those participating and viewing. I know I’m part of a team that is playing in the two finals I’m reviewing, so I will try to be as unbiased as possible. I would have done TWDTD finals preview as well, but I feel someone with more knowledge on it should do it.

Power

Regular season: 7-3
    Semi-Finals: Defeated Paladin 2-1 (44-50, 50-40, 50-25)

8/9/10: Zidane/Roiwerk/Trasher/Okyo/Kim
    7: Bacon/Ricko
    6: Uprise/Henry Saari/Sassafras

After Power went 7-3 in the the regular season, they looked like a real contender, as they have a good mix of top tier talent alongside strong 6* and 7* players.

They are coming off a Semi-Final series against Paladin, in which they surprisingly lost the first game and opened the door to a possible upset. I was expecting them to win rather easily, but Paladin proved to be a respectable opponent and managed to make Power fight for a spot in the finals.

Zidane is the clear leader of this team as he is the main source of aggression and the most consistent performer. In my opinion he is the best jav in TW for the past 2-3 years and he has been playing at a very high level in pretty much every playoff series. Roiwerk is the second best player on the team and his smart and cautious style will net him at least 10 kills every game. He has the ability to go off and take over a game by himself. In the last 8* spot, Zidane has 3 or 4 valid options in Trasher, Okyo, Paradise and Kim.

Trasher
    , if im not mistaken, has been the most used out of these options, which is the correct approach in my mind, as he is a really skilled player and doesn’t often make mistakes. Okyo would be a good option if Zidane feels he lacks aggression.

In the 7* slot, Ricko and Bacon have been the most used players. Ricko has had a great season, and been pretty consistent whenever he gets the chance to play. Bacon however is the better jav and assuming he shows up, he will most likely play. He compensates his lack of experience with smarts and a lot of skill, and he can easily have an MVP type performance on any given Sunday.

Finally, Uprise and Henry Saari look like the main options for the final spot in the lineup. Henry Saari has played more games and has had some good games, but he is far too inconsistent. Uprise as a 6* is a pretty good player, and will probably be a better choice in my opinion.
    [Editor's Note: Sassafras was used as the 6-Star in Rounds 2 and 3 of the Semi-Finals and went 3-10 and 7-8]

Terrorist

Regular season: 4-6
    Semi-Finals: Defeated Brexit 2-0 (50-42, 50-43)

8/9/10: Dreamwin/Kess/Steadman/Havok
    7: Zizzo/Toxic
    6: Skyforger/Tiger the Crab

After a strong start to the season, Terrorist javelin department went to shit, due to bad performances and some no shows, ending with a 4-6 record, just to make the playoffs.

They got matched against Brexit (8-2) in the semi’s, which looked like the best team on paper and the favorites to win it all. Despite that, Terrorist locked in and delivered two strong games which sent them to the finals.
    Dreamwin just like Power’s leader Zidane, is the best jav and more experienced player in the team. While he hasn’t been on his top form, he is someone in who you can count on to perform in the big games and I have no doubt he will. Not only he is an aggressive jav who can make plays on his own, he is a really good teamer and knows how to play for his teammates. Kess hasn’t performed like a #1 round pick should, plagued by inconsistency including multiple negative score games. However, he had his best jav weekend of the season last Sunday, with two MVP performances and he is looking to repeat that. Steadman was Terrorist FA acquisition, and quickly secured his starting spot due to Havok being a bitch and not showing once. This man will fiercely rush at your face, even if he has 1 life left. This retarded amount of aggression was needed in a team that only had Dreamwin has a constant in that department.

Zizzo has probably been the team’s best jav, considering the expectation on a 7* (he is kinda broken ). He isn’t someone who will set the tempo and tends to play too passive at times, but can clean up easy kills, doesn’t die easily and be counted to play smart. Toxic will most likely be the second option at the spot.

Lastly, regarding the 6*, originally it was supposed to be Tiger the Crab’s spot, but due to not showing to most games and a lot of inconsistency, he lost it to a surprising Skyforger. I vouched for him during the draft, but I was expecting him to contribute to base and wb leagues, but boy was I wrong. He has surprisingly performed better than most 6* players, due to smart and safe play. He has been a real team player, and one of the key players for T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 7 in all leagues.

Before the playoffs started I had no idea about what Terrorist was going to be able to do, but after a very balanced performance against Brexit, I have no doubts that they are able to beat Power. Steadman will need to find a balance between playing aggressive and not die too much and look for Dreamwin to play like a superstar.

Conclusion

In my opinion, this will be a closely disputed final, as both teams have skilled players, guys who have been playing jav playoffs games for a while, and a good fit in terms of playstyle.

A mention to the Power (Zidane) vs. Terrorist (Dreamwin) storyline, as both are fighting to become the winningest team in TWDT history (Terrorist currently has 1 more title).
    [Editor's Note: It depends how you define most successful. Both have reached 11 Finals. Terrorist has won 4 of 9, while Zidane has won 3 of 9. Hulk's dun vs me still has more titles (4) than Power, but "only" reached 6 Finals.]

Prediction

Power
    , as expected, turned out to be a strong contender and reached the finals to no one’s surprise. I would favor them a little, mostly due to the fact that they were consistent all year. Zidane and Bacon are, in my opinion, the players that can make or break it for Power, as I expect the other starters to play at a consistent level, but won't blow anyone's minds.
    Last edited by ogron; 05-31-2017, 04:51 PM.
    top 100 basers list

Comment

TWDT-B Finals
      by Kess

Baratheon
      Regular season: 5-5
      Semi-Finals: 2-0 over Power (15:00-10:18, 15:00-12:47)

Terr: Ogron
      Sharks: Porkjet/Hulk/Markmrw
      Spiders: Cripple/Spezza/Hellkite/Banks (6)/Holy Ship (7)/Tj Hazuki (7)/Kado (7)
      [Editor's Note: Hellkite hasn't shown all season, and likely won't for Finals either]

Baratheon entered the season as possibly the strongest contender in TWDTB, having focused pretty much only on basing in the main draft. However, the team somehow failed to mesh and was out of the playoff spots for the first 3 or 4 weeks. The team eventually got their shit together, also aided by the Spezza trade, and managed to crawl to the #4 seed with a 5-5, above Brexit, another contender who disappointed during the season.

Having reached the playoffs, this team is as dangerous as any other team still competing. They got matched with Power, in my opinion one of the top three contenders, and managed to deliver a good performance, with a 2-0 victory across two close games.

Ogron is the captain and the team’s terrier pilot. He is someone who has amassed considerable experience from playing TWL and TWDT playoffs the last several years and should be expected to play his best. How good is his best, though? Well, he has become a pretty good terr I would say, he plays safe and knows how to position his team well. He has a lot of responsibility in this series in particular, as Terrorist have constantly found ways to easily kill opponents' terrs.
      [Editor's Note: 8th straight basing final, 6th straight in terr (last 4 TWLBs and last 4 TWDT-Bs)]

One of Baratheon’s main strength comes from its shark rotation. Porkjet is the best among them, and is a sure starter assuming he doesn’t keep missing games (!). He is a top 3 shark at the moment and knows how to win basing finals. Hulk seems to be Ogron’s favorite to join Poopjet, as he is a pretty good shark in his own right, and that duo is probably the best in TWDTB. Markmrw is also a valid option, having grown a lot, but considering his lack of experience compared to the other two he should be relegated to the bench.

Considering that Ogron chooses to use 3 high tier players in the terr and shark spots, he is left to choose 2 out of his 3 top spid options. Spezza and Cripple are in my opinion, 2 of the 3 best spiders in TW, and how this team does depends a lot on how these two perform. Cripple is someone who even without practicing, will outkill 99% of the spiders on any given day. He says he holds the title for most kills in a TWLB Season/Final/Playoff (plus whatever is in his forum sig), and to be honest, it’s probably true. Spezza is my favorite spider to watch, due to his versatility and smart play alongside his elite killing ability. Sadly Hellkite drew the short straw and due to TWDT limitations, cant play much. He is a great spider and also a very capable shark, who would be starting on any team not called Baratheon.
      [Editor's Note: I considered playing Willby (6) at shark with Spezza/Cripple/Hellkite over, but Hellkite/Willby never showed, so that idea was scrapped.]

For the 7* spots, Ogron has been mostly using TJ Hazuki and Holy Ship, with Kado and Kentaro as options. TJ is a solid spider, who has been playing for quite a while, and for his star rating is good value. Holy Ship, however, has been disappointing and failing to impact games, even posting close to negative scores.

Alongside Holy Ship, Banks is the other half of Baratheon’s under duo and the most used 6* player. He was seen as one of the best 6* spiders during the draft, but has failed to turn heads. At most, he will be competent enough for you not to notice him failing, which isn’t bad at all.

Terrorist

Regular season: 7-3
      Semi-Finals: Defeated ALF 2-0 (15:00-5:37, 15:00-8:32)

Terr: Mikkiz
      Sharks: Dwopple/Mr. Homo/WAR (7)/Bellflowers (7)
      Spiders: Dreamwin/Kess/Zizzo/Ra/Zeebu (7)/Smoking Blue (7)/Skyforger (6)
      [Editor's Note: Terrorist also have Davy, but he hasn't shown.]

Terrorist, much like Baratheon, was another contender who was disappointing for most of the year. Only after Week 3 did they start to string wins together and haven’t lost since.
      [Editor's Note: Terrorist and Baratheon are both 7-1 since the end of Week 2 (!). The Week 3 Baratheon-Terrorist match was probably the best game of the season -- both teams looked like contenders by then if you watched the match.]

The turnaround to the season is tied to the mid-season acquisitions of 4 (!) players who have helped the team tremendously: Mikkiz, Mr. Homo, Zeebu and Smoking Blue. They finished the season with an impressive 7-3 record snatching the #2 seed, gaining a lot of momentum.

They got paired with ALF, the unexpected #3 seed, in the Semi-Finals. Even going in as favorites, the series was more lopsided than expected, with Terrorist smoothly dispatching ALF, only conceding a combined 14 minutes of flag time in the series.

Mikkiz was Terrorist's #1 pick in Free Agency, and he turned the team around. Due to the lack of elite terrs, Mikkiz stands out in this TWDTB season. This man knows how to stay alive when needed, but he is best known for his calculated risk approach which nets him a lot of kills, including a lot of terr kills. His playmaking ability has had a lot of impact in the last few weeks.
      [Editor's Note: Not surprising, given Mikkiz is the winningest terr in TWDT-B history! He won base in 2011 (dun vs me), 2013 (Baratheon), and 2014 (Sour Milk).

Terrorist's main strength this season was its depth and ability to plug in different sharks and spiders, having played at least 7 different sharks during the course of the season. Their main 8*+ options are Dwopple and Mr. Homo. They also have War and Bellflowers as 7* possibilities. For most of the season they have played with a combination of one 8*+ and one 7* sharks. Despite this, the amount of options on the roster open up the possibility of going with two 8+*, which could be a factor in the finals. Dwopple is the only guaranteed starter, assuming he shows up. The other spot will be filled by one of the other 3 options I mentioned, who will no doubt perform up to the required level if called upon, as they have all season.

The spider lineup, just like the sharking department, features a lot of possible options. Dreamwin and Kess will be leading the charge, as the biggest names amongst the spiders. Dreamwin is a high impact spider, with killing power that matches most elite spiders and a knack for timing his pushes correctly. He has also been using warbird a lot, impacting the games with his ability to find terr kills. Kess is another experienced player on the team, who can play top as well as any other spid or go under and exploit matchups with his, in my biased opinion, top 2 undering skillz (alongside Spezza). Zizzo has been used for most of the season in the 3rd spid spot, as he is an experienced veteran who delivers in high pressure games. Ra is also another option to worth consideration, and in the 1 or 2 games he played, he played really well.
      [Editor's Note: Dreamwin has reached 3 consecutive TWDT-B Finals, including 6 of the last 10 (Terrorist, Terrorist, Terrorist, Kusoge, Terrorist, EZ OR WUT)]

Zeebu has locked his starting spot, being able to cover under as well as most spiders can. He has been around for quite a while and he is someone who has been delivering in TWDT years for years as an underrated player. Depending on what Dreamwin decides to do in terms of * allocation, if chooses to go with an extra 7* spider, Smoking Blue is probably the first option. He is a skilled EG player, who, despite little TW league experience, has managed to play up to the level that is expected from a 7* spider, showing good killing abilities. Bellflowers can be another option, as he is a TWDT veteran who has shown that he has solid spidering skills.

Lastly, the 6* spider spot goes to skyforger, who has been the best 6* spider in my opinion. He won the spot during the course of the season, playing under pretty nicely despite not liking it, and when given the chance to play the top position, he lit enemy spiders up.

Conclusion

Baratheon has a very top heavy team. They depend a lot on their shark duo, which is the best in the league, and Cripple/Spezza to carry their spider lineup. The lack of impact players coming from Baratheon’s low star spider pool is the only flaw in their team, even if it’s a big one. Ogron will need to be very focused to avoid Dreamwin and Mikkiz's relentless terr hunting.

Terrorist will look for Mikkiz to deliver big play after big play. Regardless of who starts at shark, I don’t think they will suffer much. The balanced spider approach has been overwhelming opponents for the past few games, as Terrorist don’t depend on their top spids to deliver huge games in order to win.

Prediction

Terrorist’s edge in terrier could be a difference maker, and if Dwopple shows this Sunday the sharking advantage Baratheon has is severely reduced. The way TJ, Holy Ship and Banks support Cripple and Spezza will be key to how the series pans out, as I don’t think Baratheon can beat Terrorist with just two spiders performing at a high level.

With everyone showing (Dwopple is the big IF), I favor Terrorist, even if not by much. Mikkiz’s ability to make plays, coupled with a spider lineup that should in theory outplay the opponent, should nullify whatever advantage the Porkjet/Hulk duo bring to Baratheon.
      Last edited by ogron; 05-31-2017, 08:34 PM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

I hope i did a decent job breaking the teams down and presenting a good bit of info to read during the days before the finals. I also hope i didn't miss any key players.

GL to the teams who are playing next sunday and hope its entertaining for whoever watches the finals.

T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 7

Edit: Sorry for the repetition of words and eventual typos on the text, i kinda tried to push it today so we had it ready ASAP and didn't end up reviewing it properly
        Last edited by kess; 05-31-2017, 08:38 PM.
        Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
        1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Thanks for these, Kess! Can't wait to play this sunday (baring any changes). May the best team win!

B A R A T H E O N 2 0 1 7
          T E R R O R I S T 2 0 1 6

#BACK2BACK

PS: Everyone should join us for discord! Should be a lot of fun!
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

didn't we destroy your garbage ass twdt team in regular season. How are you the ones that are favored lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
              didn't we destroy your garbage ass twdt team in regular season. How are you the ones that are favored lmao
              1-1 during the regular season with both games ending 15-12, not really what you would call destruction. My prediction is assuming everyone shows, which is something we had to deal with all season. And in the end its my opinion, dont need to get so defensive

Comment

Thank you Kess and Claus for this great preview for us. Of course there is things that not every one will agree with for instance "and Ixador are all unappealing options in a high-level TWDT-D Final" lol (I got played 1 time all season *sad face*) but yea, everything seemed fair and informative. Really loved reading this, even your work on Jav/Base Kess +1. Felt deflated about these upcoming games but am amped once more and can't wait to see how they play out, you guys delivered some solid hype. Bye!

Comment

Ty for the read. Eager to play in my first twdtb finals

B A R A T H E O N 2 0 1 7
                  4:cripple> everyone DOWNLOAD my cheat engine it removes .5 sec off ur respawn and adds a 3rd into regen energy link is here: www.pornhub.com/man.kills.fly.during.anal.html

Comment

It's a flagging game. I don't care if I scored 15-100, if we get those 15 minutes on the timer it paid off. If somebody were to camp for a 100-30 they would probably be "carrying the team" in one of these articles, even if they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Ship View Post
                      It's a flagging game. I don't care if I scored 15-100, if we get those 15 minutes on the timer it paid off. If somebody were to camp for a 100-30 they would probably be "carrying the team" in one of these articles, even if they lost.
                      Let me start by saying that my opinion of you is based on the 3/4 ocasions ive seen you play this TWDTB season(including 2 games vs my team), as i dont remember watching you play before. Due to that, what i wrote was based on limited knowledge of you.

While you are correct that kills and score doesnt mean everything, being able to rack kill as a spider is probably best ability you can have. And from what ive seen Cripple and Spezza do need to carry the rest of the spiders( TJ less so). I dont value camping much, just like i dont like spiders mindlessly smashing the foward key and dying with out impacting anything. I like to see a balance, and for me the best spiders are those who manage to pick their spots correctly, while being able to kill a good amount.

Like i told Hulk, all i wrote is based on my opinion, which may be incorrect at times. If you are that certain that what you are doing is working, by all means keep at it. Doesnt mean others cant have something to say about it.

Gl for sunday =)

Comment

Sick write-up kess and ogron thanks :laugh: $$ !!
                        Last edited by olde; 06-01-2017, 03:58 PM. Reason: JaJaJa

Comment

U have a team of good spiders, we have a team of good basers.

L2B

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                            I played half the games this season as an 8star wb and did quite well why u gotta rob me of my glory xD. I've contributed alot to brexit, even did the F/A draft for them. I know I dont log in every sunday I'm a busy man!
                            Who's to say irons coconut connection doesn't die out. And geio's mom makes him walk the family dog and I have to fill in like i did all season.

Thanks for excluding me ogron, your such a pal!

Sick write-up kess thanks $$ !!
                            lol, it was an error. all four times we played Brexit, you were not in (to the best of my recollection). i used the Scoring Race list to see who played on each team as a secondary measure, and must have overlooked you. believe that or don't. yes, i don't like you, but it's completely unrelated. i will fix the preview since you had a nice season and deserve to be mentioned. my apologies.

Originally posted by kess View Post
                            Let me start by saying that [...]
                            guys, it's an opinion piece, he put in time and effort to write a great preview (whether you agree with everything or not). Trasher, Kess, Attacks, Ixador, Okyo have all stepped up to make the league better by writing, we want to encourage these people to continue to provide us with drama and entertainment -- if you're going to criticize the work or disagree, AT LEAST say "thank you for the write-up" beforehand.

do you honestly expect someone to trash their own team before a finals? i didn't see anyone else step up to write a huge preview. he did a good job walking the line of being accurate while not demoralizing his own team. it is extremely annoying and difficult to write a good preview while being on one of the teams.

content makes leagues better, let's keep our writer's writing.

don't be jerks!

I've never looked at our spider's scores once this season, I have no idea who has negged or who hasn't (nor will I). The only thing I'm concerned with is the time on the clock, and people doing the right things to get us to 15. Terrorist outkilled us by 30 in a game we won by 3 minutes. As long as we win it doesn't matter.

Don't F2 during games, because I sure as hell don't. I've never hit F2 to check spider scores once in my life, I have no idea what people are putting up. You're doing great. Don't let Kess get in your head

If your name isn't Turban, Trasher, Cripple, Spezza, Stayon, Kess, or Ease, you're probably not in the left-most category. The only thing that matters is making the right plays over and over.

As Vince Lombardi once said:

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
                            Last edited by ogron; 06-01-2017, 02:31 PM.
                            top 100 basers list

Comment

For me if you dont like what has been said here or disagree, The best way isnt replying or arguing it, sports pundits etc always have their opinion, ogrons opinion iron is the best warbird, but if racka wrote this he would say something different, I would say turn up sunday, play your best make your pitch and let history decide its own opinon. I had to get over a disagreement I had with a player who said my hot or nots were a joke, I got angry and we had a fight then I realised it was a opinion and he was entitled to it and so are these guys. Speak in the Dtd arena its louder
                              British> my 18th tomoz $$
                              Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Working...
                              X