No announcement yet.

Twlm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont reset everything, keep the values from last season. cause people didnt stop being good, if u reset for ex deemonfaze, people will buy him for alot less that his worth is
    There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

Yeah, values will stay.. Also I'm probably going to edit some player values manually, there seems to be some too good players with 300$ value..

Comment

Originally posted by AnZu
        Yeah, values will stay.. Also I'm probably going to edit some player values manually, there seems to be some too good players with 300$ value..
        Domi or sika are cheap. one is 300 and other even below 200 i think.
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Well last time the initial values for the players came from their twd stats. I think that would still be the best way to go for the initial values for this season.

Comment

geez.. ppl ask same thing tons of times.
            1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
            1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
            1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
            1:Vitja> afk
            1:Underground> haha vit
            1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Twlm?

I wasn't here for this TWLM thing last season... so I decided to see if I could find some information on it..
              Turns out there wasn't anything very useful.

Was there that TWLM website last season?.. and if so.. where does it teach you how to play?.. like they don't go into any detail as to how the Betting system works, or what those abbreviations mean (Top 20 VC, Top 20 LWVC, SValue and maybe a couple others I was too lazy to look for)

~ dy
              :fear:

TWLD Season 11 Champion ~ Stray
              TWLD Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
              TWLJ Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
              TWLJ Season 5 Champion ~ Elusive
              TWL Season 4 Champion ~ Siege
              TWL Season 3 Champion ~ Siege

TWEL Season 1 Winner
              TWD Season 1 Winner ~ Elusive

Comment

Gimme a link to the site plz...
                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

http://www.trenchwars.org/TWLM/

Basing doesnt have cash btw. It's little different. It's point based. You get points from different things. Or lose those. Dont mind what it says about points on the site because there will be new version of it.
                  Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                  Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                  Server> dont worry mirror
                  Server> shark fits your tits
                  Peace <ZH>> shut up
                  Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                  Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                  1:Hercules> im level 90
                  1:Hercules> in 9d
                  1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                  1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

will preseason and playoffs be counted in TWLM as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty
                      I wasn't here for this TWLM thing last season... so I decided to see if I could find some information on it..

Was there that TWLM website last season?.. and if so.. where does it teach you how to play?.. like they don't go into any detail as to how the Betting system works, or what those abbreviations mean (Top 20 VC, Top 20 LWVC, SValue and maybe a couple others I was too lazy to look for)

~ dy
                      Yea I noticed this too Dy, I was interested in playing last season but there was nothing really that explained in detail how to play and what everything means so I ended up trying to ask people to try and figure it out and finally just said forget it.

Comment

Can you already pick players?
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

I did, but i guess thats just for this weekend's pre-season games. Then they are gonna reset our values i guess (money we have in bank) im guessing, and then we go from there.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty

~ dy
                            Originally posted by code
                            Yea I noticed this too Dy, I was interested in playing last season but there was nothing really that explained in detail how to play and what everything means so I ended up trying to ask people to try and figure it out and finally just said forget it.
                            Trench Wars Leagues Manager

Yes, the website was there last season and many people participated. (http://www.trenchwars.org/TWLM). The TWLM game is like buying stocks in players in a particular league and if they play well, their stock rises, you make money. Buy low, sell high basically. You start out with $1,500.00 in TWLM-D and TWLM-J (basing is new, i dont know how they're doing that and since basing sucks anyways, i'll stick to the good leagues). Your money for each of the leagues is kept seperate. You should spend as much of the $1,500.00 as you can each week. If you pick well one week, you get more money to spend the next week as those players value rises. It's a simple concept. But watch out, if you pick great players who are already ranked high, they have to get like 25-10 or something for their value to actually go up, so sometimes it isn't a good idea to take the best players. An example, last season in week 1, i picked vihta. He was at like $350.00 or something to start. In week 1 he made me over $110.00, i dropped him from my team immediately, took my profits and walked away from that particular player. Put them on someone else i thought was ranked too low. vihta's value kept rising i believe, because he kept playing well but not very much with each game, so he wasn't such a good investment anymore because you had to spend so much money to keep him and he wasn't making you very much in return. At the end, i think he was losing money even if he went like 12-8 or something. So you really have to think about who you want to pickup.

How to play:
                            1. First, sign in with your TWD user name and password (left side bar on the main page).
                            2. Notice the 3 boxes at the bottom of the page. Decide which league you want to buy players in and select the link which says "Your Team" in the appropriate league box. From this page you can sell players which you have picked up but do not want to keep on your roster anymore.
                            3. From the same box at the bottom, select "Buy Player" and browse squad pages and player names to see the values of specific players and when you want to buy one, click "Buy" on the right side of the table.
                            Managers get a maximum of 10 players on their team at any given time (although most of the time you have considerably less unless you've done very well and are at the top of the ladder of highest team values). Your team's value = combined player values of people you've bought + any extra money you have left over.

Abbreviations:
                            • +/- VC = Plus or Minus Value Change
                            • LWVC = Last weeks Value Change ... change in value after the last weeks game :P
                            • SValue = Starting Value i'd assume ... i have checked the site and do not see it, but i'd assume it'd be a players initial value at the beginnng of the season if this statistic does indeed exists.
                            This is a fairly straight forward fantasy league which is why they didnt seem to write much in-depth facts about it but for whatever it was you didn't understand, i hope this clears it up.

Good luck,
                            Awesome

PS: I believe AnZu and Server run this league, so if you need further help, they'd probably be the ones to ask.
                            Last edited by Awesome; 05-07-2004, 03:04 PM.

Comment

maybe we'll use that as help faq :P
                              Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                              Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                              Server> dont worry mirror
                              Server> shark fits your tits
                              Peace <ZH>> shut up
                              Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                              Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                              1:Hercules> im level 90
                              1:Hercules> in 9d
                              1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                              1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

feel free to take whatever you like from it

EDIT: if u want, i can fix it so it doesnt say basing sucks and replace it with more info on how that works once i find out how that works.. lol
                                Last edited by Awesome; 05-07-2004, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X