No announcement yet.

Dont like nightwasp, post what u think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We cant change settings for one public arena. If it's weak then try basing with a team, it is very useful and powerful for that, and that's all we should be working on for publics.

Comment

I realise that this is not a democracy, but I don't suppose there is/will be an opportunity to vote on keeping the wasp or returning to the weasel?

Paul

Comment

Maybe the real april fools are those who believed it was an aprils fools? This is just speculation on my part thou.

Comment

All I can say Is FUCK NIGHTWASP THE THING SUCKS!!!!!

Everybody HATES LANCS barely any1 goes a LANC .. But they replace Weasel?

TW staff are stupid!

Comment

Hello,

SeanTW is actually not far from the truth. April 1st was used as a cover up to test something new . I actually tried to create a balanced ship which could support basing with EMP. The graphics were merely added for nostalgic reasons. Thanks go out to Ikrit for this great idea and his help.

Tomorrow the normal mini-Weasel will be back, but I liked the idea of holding Wasp-Weekends. Perhaps one day the Nightwasp will take its place amoungst the TW ships permanently.

I enjoyed reading all the suggestions and discussions; people really thought everything through, without yelling IT SUCKS (too often )

Have fun in TW!

- Arilou Lalee'lay (TW map & settings dude)

PS: The settings have been moved to ?go basenw
            Last edited by Arilou Lalee'lay; 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM.

Comment

lets compare the nightwasp and the Weasel (sp?)

Nightwasp:
              -can only 'x' someone who has just fired
              -moves faster
              -larger ship (cant sneak into base as easily)
              -getting noticed will often end in disaster since their size makes 'em easier to hit
              -easy to hit accidently while they enter base
              -needs good accuracy since unless you hunt someone you will need to hit with most shots
              -people can attach to it

Weasel:
              -OHKO bullets
              -slower
              -small, can bypass alot of the base
              -hard to hit, even when they aren't cloaked
              -getting noticed by a terr is a problem, although you can often end it with both ships getting killed
              -cant stay cloaked for too long, but it is easy to just camp in one hole and fire at players passing by (doesn't take too much skill btw)

I think those are probably the main points. Overall I think that Nightwasp is more balanced.

Comment

This ship is excellent. Just take away the stealth and cloak. Finally another ship that can own a wb. I love the bomb and its long lasting emp. I dont really use the mine but that could be useful. Although It shouldnt kill in one hit, it should be the same strength as the bomb with the same emp effect.

Comment

Arilou Lalee'lay said:
                  I actually tried to create a balanced ship which could support basing with EMP.
                  It was a fun ship. Like I said earlier, the weaker guns made the cheap cloak bearable*. Also, the EMP made it a ship that players could get skilled at killing with. You might make a lot of people happy by morphing the weasel's abilities (not the graphics,lol) to resemble this wasp in pub settings.

edit:
                  * Just thinking how it lets them x-kill campers but not be effective campers themselves. I think this would address a lot of Pure Hatred's complaints in the past.
                  Last edited by CloudHelmut; 04-03-2005, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I see no reason to change back to the weasel but if you must Arilou, please make the weasel the normal size this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Arilou Lalee'lay
                      Hello,

SeanTW is actually not far from the truth. April 1st was used as a cover up to test something new . I actually tried to create a balanced ship which could support basing with EMP. The graphics were merely added for nostalgic reasons. Thanks go out to Ikrit for this great idea and his help.

Tomorrow the normal mini-Weasel will be back, but I liked the idea of holding Wasp-Weekends. Perhaps one day the Nightwasp will take its place amoungst the TW ships permanently.

I enjoyed reading all the suggestions and discussions; people really thought everything through, without yelling IT SUCKS (too often )

Have fun in TW!

- Arilou Lalee'lay (TW map & settings dude)
                      yes nite wasp weekends might just be the great compromise

I dont know what you call it when you get hit with nitewasp bomb/former shark bomb and your ship vents plasma and you either drain or cannot recharge, but im talking about that effect when i say that I believe one of the key factors of the ship is how well its bomb can cause it, since the ship is slow and doesnt kill well. maybe that effect (the disabling, not the damage) could have a little more splash + little more length or something.
                      That way it gets slightly better in a more unique way than the other ideas. i think thats a little more conservative alternative to my other ideas of ever so slightly more energy or speed.

In other words, the wasp needs a little more posion, but not bite?

very nice and creative ship.
                      Last edited by Tone; 04-03-2005, 06:42 PM.

Comment

I dont know what you call it when you get hit with nitewasp bomb/former shark bomb and your ship vents plasma and you either drain or cannot recharge,
                        I usually call it simply being "EMP'd" or EMP

I think it qould be technically possible, with a lot of bot programming and careful greening, to have both a NW and weasel present. For the highest scoring weasel, a bot overlays the weasel graphic with the NW, greens it with -2 bullet upgrades (note negative) and 1 bomb upgrade, aswell as whatever speed/energy adjustments required, and repeats this greening at each spawn. Of course it wouldn't be perfect, the overlay NW would still be the same size as weasel.
                        Why not make the NW smaller, big enough so it can fit through diagonal holes but not vertical ones? (with a radius=9 rather than the 7 I think it is...) so it still gets the sneaky going through some holes but not others. This would require rebuilding of base though.

Originally posted by Disliked
                        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                          yes nite wasp weekends might just be the great compromise

I dont know what you call it when you get hit with nitewasp bomb/former shark bomb and your ship vents plasma and you either drain or cannot recharge, but im talking about that effect when i say that I believe one of the key factors of the ship is how well its bomb can cause it, since the ship is slow and doesnt kill well. maybe that effect (the disabling, not the damage) could have a little more splash + little more length or something.
                          That way it gets slightly better in a more unique way than the other ideas. i think thats a little more conservative alternative to my other ideas of ever so slightly more energy or speed.

In other words, the wasp needs a little more posion, but not bite?

very nice and creative ship.
                          Oh, didn't you get the memo? Hypocrites are not allowed to comment on ship settings.

Comment

I hope all those abilities on the wasps are for pure testing and not a template of future settings. While it's definitely refreshing seeing a new ship (although the sprites didnt look as smooth in the nose area during rotation), the ship is not unique at all, a mere mesh of all ships in game.

What we dont need is Levi---any1 noticed what happens when bot dies in pure pub?
                            Instead keep the weasel and introduce another ship that can contend with the warbird (for those who cant play lancs). theres too many ppl playing with wb.

LETS MAKE A SHIP THAT CAN CONTEND WITH THE WB AND DOES NOT RELY ON VULCHING! THE SHIP WILL NOT BE GIVEN SPECIAL ABILITIES BUT RELIES ON ITS MODE OF NRG CONSUMPTION AND BULLET SPREAD

Comment

Everybody HATES LANCS barely any1 goes a LANC ..
                              I play lanc. I know several people who play lanc, very succesfully, in base. Try venturing out of spawn where lanc sucks, and into base where it has a purpose.
                              THE SHIP WILL NOT BE GIVEN SPECIAL ABILITIES BUT RELIES ON ITS MODE OF NRG CONSUMPTION AND BULLET SPREAD
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you just describe the lancaster, right there?

Originally posted by Disliked
                              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I hate every single one of you newbies who are getting the nightwasp removed. Can't rely on vulching? Why not? Have no skill? Have no strategy?

"Oh no! The nightwasp isn't an "assassin" like the weaesl!!" -- Thank God. I'm sick of skilless newbies cloaking me. I fucking hate that weasel because you newbies get to kill people who you would normally stand no chance against.

With the weasel, you have no reason to get better, try harder, improve. You can just press ESC 6, cloak, and come up behind someone 100x better and ruin their shit. That's gay as hell.

Keep the nightwasp. Make newbs earn their kills. Sick of crying about not being able to invisibly one shot kill. Get some usage, then post on these forums.
                                3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                                3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                                MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Working...
                                X