This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kolar
    Smod+ can see how much your current session usage is but not your total usage.
    Thougt usage shows with *info, been a while since I've been able to use those commands tho.

But yeah, this new bot wouldn't change much, staff already does recomendations whenever they feel the need to. It's about the players who want to join staff which none thougt of.
    Only the loyal count.

Comment

• I just tried on Subgame2, I guess i'm wrong unless TW uses other software.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nockm
        [ ] Are you female
        [x] Are you a baser
        [x] Are you a newb
        [x] Are you on Mambo

Tick 3 boxes and yer in!

yay!
        Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewan
          Smods can check usage (I THINK)
          Once, DaFarmer! told me all the usernames I had created on my computer, which was pretty cool.

(P.S. Sign me up for Staff)
          this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
          (:3=

Comment

• He did that exact same thing to me.
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar
              I just tried on Subgame2, I guess i'm wrong unless TW uses other software.

:fear: ...they can actualy know our macadress... :fear:

s2c weapons... lol i know some persons who might have some huge numbers on there.
              Last edited by Arikel; 05-02-2005, 07:41 PM.
              A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

• umm

Erg. *fantasizes about Cundors avatar**Snaps* o yeh erm. hi

Comment

• maybe this is after the fact, and i'm sure others have already said it.

but by doing applications at least you can see who wants the job rather than invite people and have them take it but not care either way.

being on staff doesn't require a rocket scientist, rather, somebody who is dedicated.
                  Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                  Philos> there is something about you
                  Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Good point Rand.

Comment

• Well yeah, thats true.
                      -Kawrae

Comment

• Originally posted by Randedl
                        maybe this is after the fact, and i'm sure others have already said it.

but by doing applications at least you can see who wants the job rather than invite people and have them take it but not care either way.

being on staff doesn't require a rocket scientist, rather, somebody who is dedicated.

But the point is, what are the requirements and how do you establish a process to help understand if a person meets those requirements?

What makes a good staffer? What kind of questions do you ask on the application that will help with making decisions about who to recruit? How do you gauge things like patience, maturity, ability to tolerate, ability to contribute, activity? How do you ask questions to be able to sort though those who are drawn towards a staff position for the wrong reasons?
                        Most importantly, how do you figure out if a person isn’t going to burn out and/or catch an attitude after donating so much time and effort into a thankless job?

I can tell you this much, putting a nebulous ‘application’ without answering these questions would be a complete waste of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sumpson
                          An ordinarry fill out application would be too easy. I like the idea of giving the chance to players who are mature and willing to help the chance to join staff though.
                          I think the best procedure on staff recruitments would be let players interested in a staff position set something up for themselves which would include what they think is important for the dean of staff to know. The Dean of Staff could set up a couple of things he would like to see in this application, or what he does not want to see it and then if he thinks the application is good post it on a private staff forum and let players vote yes or no on it (not by clicking one of both, but by replying to the topic explaining why they made the decision) after the topic has been up for 1 week the Dean of staff should reconcider recruiting this player to the staff again and let the player know about what happened.
                          I'd stick with this.
                          Only the loyal count.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sumpson
                            I'd stick with this.
                            Guess that would be a good way... still i think there should also be a testing time were the wannabe staff was being tested and better known by the others... say for a week, if he passed the test he would then be staff.
                            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

• Originally posted by Ephemeral
                              But the point is, what are the requirements and how do you establish a process to help understand if a person meets those requirements?

What makes a good staffer? What kind of questions do you ask on the application that will help with making decisions about who to recruit? How do you gauge things like patience, maturity, ability to tolerate, ability to contribute, activity? How do you ask questions to be able to sort though those who are drawn towards a staff position for the wrong reasons?
                              Most importantly, how do you figure out if a person isn’t going to burn out and/or catch an attitude after donating so much time and effort into a thankless job?

I can tell you this much, putting a nebulous ‘application’ without answering these questions would be a complete waste of time.
                              the point is not so much that you are trying to pass a test rather than showing initiative and interest.

the powers that be will still have alot to say in terms of who gets in and who doesn't; by making people show interest, at least they won't have to worry about making mistakes in that regard.

it's alot like real life in this situation. employers don't go out and offer jobs to people on the street, one must apply for them. why? because that shows they actually care about getting the job and would value the position.
                              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                              Philos> there is something about you
                              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

• Yes, I agree that one must apply for a job either through an application or submitting a resume. But the person who is looking for a job usually seeks a specific job type. And the employer has a specific group of attributes for the job applicant that they are seeking, whether it be experience, attitude, and/or a certain skill set.

So it saves a lot of time and effort if this is considered upfront and communicated to all involved. If a job requires the ability to lift 75 pound boxes all day, someone with back problems need not apply.

Comment

Working...
                                X