Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Ok so we all know TWD will be a ladder system. Will its be continuously going on or will it end in a few weeks or months or whatever? Will there be a definite end to TWD season like there is for TWL?
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

yes, it will have a definite end.

I'm thinking of 'seasons' of 2-3 months. The final ladder standings will be stored and can be shown
    Then we will have a break (2-4 weeks), for squads to reform and practice, and for TWD Ops to review the past season and to improve the system/bot.

After the break, all the squad ratings will be reset and TWD will start again.

Comment

Gutter2Win
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

ah, i had assumed it was an all year thing

Comment

seasons are good too. people won't end up getting incredibly sick of it all.

Comment

Right. A definite end is the right thing to do. If it just kept going, it'd eventually end up like TWEL and people would lose interest, and it would turn into a joke. Good call Myth
            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

yeah, and if you're only gonna have a 2 week break, why break at all? longer break.

Comment

I said 2-4 weeks.

The break might be even longer than 4 weeks.

Comment

there will be a minimum break of 2 weeks:
                  A. the TWD Ops can review the past months, apply changes to the rules if that's needed, and perhaps introduce something new.
                  B. I'd like to have a definite end of a TWD season. This to make TWD more entertaining when the end of the season is in sight: top squads will try to mantain their position, and the squads lower on the ladder will fight extra hard to climb a few ranks up before the end of the season.
                  I don't want a TWD season to end and then start the very next day.
                  C. If the past TWD was well received, people will be looking forward to the upcoming season. And by introducing a break of at least 2 weeks will make the squads more enthousiastic when the new season starts. 2 weeks isn't that long.

If the past TWD is not well received, it might very well be that there will be a break of 4 weeks or longer.

Every TWD game that's being played will be fully recorded. So the amount of TWD games that are played every day is easy to check.

Ofcourse the length of the break will be determined by how well the past TWD turned out to be. That's why I said that there will be a break of 2-4 weeks (meaning: 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks). So please don't assume things I didn't say.

Comment

Good idea about the break. It would be best too if they were scheduled well in advance rather than chosen on the fly.

Comment

Working...
                    X