Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightning Strikes

Hey everyone,

The ultimate in shitty has happened. Saturday night during a thunderstorm, lightning struck my neighbors house, and the resulting power surge wreaked havoc like you wouldnt believe. I lost my entire computer, the whole fucking thing. Looks like someone took a blowtorch to the circuit boards. Apparently the 75,000 AMP protection on the surge protector wasn't enough to deal with Mother Nature.

So anyways, until I get a new computer (which won't be anytime soon), I will not be able to do any Trench Centers. I'm hoping that Conc and the boys will be able to take over and do them each week. For now, I won't be able to contribute shit. The computer I'm using is as powerful as a pocket calculator. I can barely play Continuum on it.

I heard Conc's show was awesome, anyone care to type out a transcript? No sound on this comp either.

-PUSH
    Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Push, talk to me ingame sometime, if your current computer is okay with the spaceship game. I may be able to make your wildest dreams come true.

Mostly because I can't handle the stress of another TC. Seriously, big ups to you for doing them well, because mine was shoddy.
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Conc you did good man! Just lower the irritating music in the background...

Comment

GL push
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Woa.. Push that really sucks.
          I hope something works out for you. I am always afraid that would happen to me..

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
          ---
          5:waven> freeze
          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
          5:Freeze> LOL
          5:waven> that's how things work around here
          --
          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

I don't mind helping out if you need someone.

Comment

Push,

Don't take this as a way to suck up / kiss ass / etc. But, my old computer is about to drive my parents crazy (it has alot of stuff on it but my parents don't want to buy an anti-virus program, figures) and they might throw it out. If it's possible, I could send it to you, you could format it and such.

Its a pentiumIII, 256mb of ram, 440mHz (i might upgrade it) and a (non-working) voodoo3 gfx card. (the only games I can play are SS and C&C Yuri's Revenge) Overall it's a pretty decent computer, if you just buy a new motherboard it would be a good workhorse computer, seeing as i've tweaked the shit out of it and all the annoying stuff is out :P

But they might just send it off to fix it, or whatever, so it might not fall through.
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Well it's happened, I got a new system. First off, I'd like to thank everyone for their generosity, but I'd rather you save those things for someone less fortunate than myself. Give that to a friend who's unemployed or unable to get a computer or afford parts.

I did have some stuff today that I was going to throw together, but I returned it all for the over $150 in savings by ordering online. I don't have my new gear just yet, all on order from newegg.com. Here's what I got:

Motherboard: ABIT NF7-S nForce2 Chipset
                CPU: AMD 35 Watt Mobile Athlon XP 2400+, 266 MHz FSB, 512K L2 Cache Processor
                CPU Fan: Thermaltake Silent Boost High Performance Cooler
                Hard Drive: Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive
                Memory: Mushkin 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-3200 (Getting this for now, adding more later)
                Vid Card: ATI AIW RADEON 9600 Video Card, 128MB DDR, 128-bit, CATV/Video Out/Video In, 8X AGP, Model "ALL-IN-WONDER 9600" w/ REMOTE

All that for $500 U.S., should arrive later this week. I'll be so pleased when I get it put together and running!

Again, thanks for all the offers, but I got this shit covered! (Unless you want to give me free ram $$)

-PUSH
                Last edited by THE PUSHER; 06-12-2004, 11:46 PM.
                Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

i think lightning struck the billing server too, either that or the hamster got tired.
                  There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

i'm the less fortunate how about giving the computer to me?
                    9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Working...
                    X