Reagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarien
    to many it's pretty offensive to rag on the dead.

I agree with this, but at the same time, people seem to be rewriting history to remember him as something that he wasn't.

I think that the minute he was sworn in as president, he became part of history, so things he did should be studied and remembered the way that they were, not some idealized version.

also, I don't see anyone bashing the man, just his acts as president.
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Sigh, why does everyone focus on the negative aspect of everything. I hope when you die the priest at your funeral is gonna be like "but one time he masturbated in the gym locker at school, so NONE of the good things count, AT ALL."
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
        Sigh, why does everyone focus on the negative aspect of everything. I hope when you die the priest at your funeral is gonna be like "but one time he masturbated in the gym locker at school, so NONE of the good things count, AT ALL."

I don't know the guy, I don't know what he was like as a person... if I was his neighbor maybe I'd be upset. All I know is what he did as a president, and I don't think he was a very good one.

how'd you know about the gym locker thing?
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

It's because the tributes have overstepped their bounds, in my mind. It'd be fine if they were tributes to Ronald Reagan as a person. I don't really know much about him as a person, but if he was a great person, a nice guy or whatever, then that'd be fine. But everyone is tributing Ronald Reagan as a president, and in my mind, he caused a great deal of harm as president, and I don't believe he was a great president. You don't get on the 10 dollar bill for being a nice guy, you get on the 10 dollar bill by being a fantastic president. That's what people are arguing. The masturbating in the locker thing is ridiculous, comparing masturbating in a locker to completely screwing up the economic system in this country makes no sense.

edit: wow, I really thought I was saying something other than exactly what bz said, but I really just took what he said and made it long-winded
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I know what you mean bz, it's just that..
            Originally posted by Kid Kaos
            Good lord, your a fucking dumbass. Jesus = Terrorist.
            Was pretty much the exact thing I wanted to avoid.
            J=T actually had good things to say about Reagan, and I can't even do that. I'm old enough to remember all of his kids being pretty screwed up, and talking publicly about what a horrible father he was. I bet they regret saying it now, but nevertheless. Guy in Ohio wants him added to Mt. Rushmore, they want him on the $10 dollar bill, and if that fails, they're willing to take putting him on the dime. Seems crazy to me.

As a side note, I have a really good story about the masturbating in the locker thing, from when I was in high school, not entirely sure it's appropriate for this thread though.
            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

If they take Hamilton of the $10 and replace him with Reagan, something's really fucked up... If there's a guy that deserves to be on our money, it's Hamilton, he's the guy that set up our entire financial system, designed our first currency, started Wall street, started the first mint, designed the corporate model and set up the united states as the first corporation.

So in a way, there might not BE a $10 bill if it wasn't for him.

Comment

American Presidents are usually fools or tools.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Good lord people, the man just died. You dont have to like him for what he did, but show some fucking respect. Its not like he killed people, he had his mistakes, but he also had accomplishments. Just like every other President. Have respect for a man who faught altimers till the age of 93. Doubt any of you are strong enough to do that shit.
                  2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

He wasn't that great of a president anyway.
                    The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                      Good lord people, the man just died. You dont have to like him for what he did, but show some fucking respect. Its not like he killed people, he had his mistakes, but he also had accomplishments. Just like every other President. Have respect for a man who faught altimers till the age of 93. Doubt any of you are strong enough to do that shit.
                      I don't think that anyone here is to the point of pissing on his grave, we're just pointing out that all the flag-waving "look at what a great man he was" crap isn't completely justified.

It's not like he killed people? Maybe not directly, but selling weapons to Iran, mining the Sandino harbor in Nicaragua, and arming and training mujahadeen in Afghanistan weren't exactly humanitarian missions. Did he personally kill people? No. But he wasn't exactly handing out Girl Scout cookies either.

Yes, he did fight Alzheimer's (seriously, it's a two second lookup on Google... just two seconds) for 10 years. But again, more people than you know have died of the same disease and are dealing with it today. Is it sad? Yes. But I'm not thinking about putting Charles Bronson on the $10 bill.

The point I'm trying to make is that we're all going to have our own opinions on this. No one's been disrespectful.
                      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                        I'm not thinking about putting Charles Bronson on the $10 bill.

How awesome would that be?

Comment

Working...
                        X