No announcement yet.

Reagan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to the Reagan Library right now, since I live realtively close by.
    DELETED

Comment

Humans in general aren't angels.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

J=T is somewhat right here, guys. I respect that the man died, but he was just as bad as most of the recent republican presidents. If you're going to hate on Bush, hate on Reagan just the same.

J=T also left out Reagan's billions of dollars sunk into that wonderful Star Wars defense project that never got off the ground. Not that it was useful to begin with.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
          I'm going to the Reagan Library right now, since I live realtively close by.
          I heard on TV that the wait was like 11 hours! :up:
          this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
          (:3=

Comment

He was an actor, and therefore very comfortable in front of the cameras, and a fantastic public speaker. Was he a great president? probably not.

He's credited by many with the fall of communism, but a lot of experts say that it was on the way out anyway because of the soviet economic crisis and the failure of the economic and political reforms initiated by Gorbachev.

conc mentioned star wars

When he took office, the US was the largest creditor in the world, when he left, we had the largest defecit in the history of the world.

He did good things, but he also did bad things, he was just really good at making speaches and people just liked him and felt comfortable with him.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

And another thing... if you're talking best presidents ever, and you don't mention george washington, you're insane. They wanted to make george KING! he could've been king of the united states, but he said no... he said that what this country needs is a president with limited power... checks and balances. now that's a great man.
              http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

they wanted to make him king because there had never been presidents before. It's not like they knew better.
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

If they put him on the 10 dollar bill, it'll be ridiculous. Almost as bad as when they renamed National Airport to Reagan Airport even though he fired 1800 airport employees for striking when it should have been their right to do so. Yeah, I respect that he did good things, and it's a shame that he died, but at the same time, I think all the publicity surrounding him is just a stunt to boost peoples' views of the Republican party. A lot of people hated Reagan while he was president, and now that he's dead and there's so much tribute hoopla, nobody's allowed to say otherwise. If everyone loves Reagan after he's dead, who's to say everyone isn't going to love GW after he dies?
                  5:gen> man
                  5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs
                    they wanted to make him king because there had never been presidents before. It's not like they knew better.
                    ummm.. yeah... I'm not saying they're stupid, I'm saying he's a genius and a great man for having the vision to come up with seperation of power and the self-control to pass on being king and limit his own power.

Comment

I'll blatantly hate on Reagan. He doesn't deserve hardly ANY of the praise he's getting. He used his acting skills to win the sheep over on TV. That's about it. Reaganomics was a fucking joke. Let's increase military spending to scare the commies whilst we simultaneously cut taxes like whoa. He doesn't even make it on to my top 15 presidents of all time list. What the fuck is with this huge tribute? You'd think he was Ghandi or something.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

When I originally saw this thread, I had figured on staying away from it, because I do not agree with the Reagan praise, but I respect the fact that the man died, and to many it's pretty offensive to rag on the dead.

I never thought he was a good president. Yes, the rich got way richer, under his presidency, but just like with any republican president since him, the average citizen suffered. He was the initiator of this pattern of economics that Bush has used and has driven the 5 trillion surplus into a projected 5 trillion deficit. The original term was "Reaganomics".
                        I'm sure lots of people believe that the man did lots of good as a president. I however, can't think of anything. Soviet Communism was already on the way out, and no way can one man, even a president just coax an entire (at the time enemy) nation, to just one day change their principles.
                        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                          He doesn't even make it on to my top 15 presidents of all time list.
                          I don't think I can even name 15 presidents.
                          Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                          Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

I just got back from the library. From my house, to the casket site, and back home, it was 6 hours.

You get one of these to commemorate you being there.

There were lots of security everywhere (of course) and guard dogs to sniff the busses. You parked at moorepark college and then took a shuttle to the Library and back. The line was about 3 hours to the bus. Another hour for the library. You walked around the courtyard into this room where you walked around the casket. It was surrounded by one honor guard soldier of each branch of the US Military. It was very, very quiet in there. The guards didn't move a centameter, it was almost creepy. That's the closest I've ever been to any US President, sad to say, it was when he was dead.
                            DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
                              Good lord, your a fucking dumbass. Jesus = Terrorist.
                              If YOU'RE going to rag on someone for their opinions, at least make it seem that YOU'RE justified for doing so.
                              Knowledge is power. Arm yourself.

Comment

An actor with no real sucesses, yeah that sounds like the best president ever.
                                I guess selling weapons to a nation so they can kill your own people is something every president has to do, and at least he doesn't attack a country because someone shoots an aeroplane out of the sky.
                                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                                X