No announcement yet.

NBA Finals LA vs. DET Take your picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pacers are by far the best team the Pistons faced. The Lakers aren't quick, or tough enough on defense to stop Detroit.

We (Im in MI, I consider myself part of the team) didn't score a lot against Indiana.. nobody did. That was a defensive struggle. You'll be suprised when the Pistons put up near 90-100 points because every analyst is saying we can't score. They're right when it comes to playing against a defensive team like Indiana. The Lakers can't handle all the Pistons weapons.

Pistons take it in Detroit, in 5 games. They rename the Palace address to FOUR Championship Way, and Rip gets the MVP. Also, Rasheed re-signs (Which probably will occur even without a ring).

Comment

The past 3 tiles that LA won, they lost the first game of the finals, at home.
      DELETED

Comment

where's the stanley cup talk? lol.
        Sina Olet Sootti :)

Comment

If the refs didn't wear blinders, Shaq would foul out of 50 games a season. Any other player using his tactics would be riding the bench midway through the second quarter with four fouls, and fouled out by the end of the third, at the latest. But the refs finally tightened up last night and called a good game. The result? L.A. couldn't get away with much of their usual crap. Detroit shut down the Lakers through tough, yet clean defense.

Oh yeah, one other thing the Lakers can point to if they do lose this series: Kobe has never looked up "pass" in a dictionary. The moron was taking off-balance 20-foot jumpers with a hand in his face and missing them horribly. Not to mention he single-handedly killed the Lakers' momentum by missing two 3-pointers in a row. Real team player.

Go Pistons.
          Originally posted by vubinspiran
          I hate X very hard.

Comment

A lot of people mistake Shaq's outrageous size and strength for overly aggressive playing. He doesn't really foul all that much. He's a smart player. It just seems as though he's fouling 'cause he's so fucking big and the little guys bounce off of him like whoa.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Althought I know the Lakers will probably take this, I'm goin' with the underdogs.

Comment

You gatta be realistic here. Detroit won a game, and I give them credit for that. It was not a fluke. But as it has already been pointed out. Lakers play way better when down in a series. I doubt Detroit will have enough Offensive to keep up. Also, LA has a very underrated defense.
                2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Being realistic, to me, means thinking the Lakers won't come out of this because of their indifference and inability to form any kind of chemistry. Kobe wants the ball, Shaq wants the ball. Payton wants more playing time and doesn't like the triangle offense that Jackson uses. Kobe doesn't like Jackson as a person. Malone has taken the silent route several times this year when asked about his teammates' poor performances at this or that point.

And this is supposed to be a team that can go all the way? There's no I in team, and Kobe needs to realize that before the Lakers will have ANY chance. Even then, Detroit will continue smothering the rest of Los Angeles' threats. Let Kobe and Shaq have a field day. They accounted for something like 79% of the Lakers' points Sunday night, yet they still got creamed.

Pistons in 5.
                  Originally posted by vubinspiran
                  I hate X very hard.

Comment

If you noticed, Shaq does not DEMAND the ball, they feed it to him because nobody on the Pistons can match up with him. If they get Devin George and Malone to produce more points, it is all over. Phil Jackson is a master tactition, and he will find a way to disassemble the Detroit defense. Kobe hogs the ball when they need him to. Those crazy jumpers he takes fall in alot of the time. Sure he shot something like 13/30 from the field Sunday, but that will not happen all the time. Look I'm not a huge Lakers fan, but coming from the Bay Area, all we have is the shitty ass Warriors. So any California team that goes into the Finals im going to root for. But I really do hope its a close series, and a fun one to watch. No matter who wins it. I got 50$ on the Lakers tho so they better win! :eek:
                    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

People that pick the Lakers over the Pistons because Detroit doesn't have enough offense obviously don't watch the Pistons regularly. It's not our fault the only series you watched was the Indiana one, which was low scoring for a reason. Larry Brown said to the Pistons players, "You can get the shots you want, they're not guarding anybody." The response from Karl Malone was, "The truth hurts."

The Pistons are a professional basketball team, they can score points when they're given the chance. They've averaged 3.1 less points per game than the Lakers in these playoffs, and faced the leagues best team. The two regular season meetings between these teams (both before Rasheed) had Pistons scores of 89 (L) and 106 (W). The Pistons can score, stop using that arguement until the Lakers hold us below 80.

Comment

Lakers have it won.

Comment

Lakers will probably lose the next one too.
                          Then win game 4 (classic)
                          Then win 5 and 6.

Thats what I think. Besides, I think the mailman deserves a title for being so old.
                          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
                            where's the stanley cup talk? lol.
                            Nobody gives a shit. It was Calgary (the where-did-they-come-from-team) versus Tampa (the give-them-the-cup-and-let's-move-on-team).
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Battlecat
                              = They've averaged 3.1 less points per game than the Lakers in these playoffs, and faced the leagues best team.
                              The Pacers? Are you kidding? The top four teams in the west are all better than the Pacers.
                              5:gen> man
                              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                                Nobody gives a shit. It was Calgary (the where-did-they-come-from-team) versus Tampa (the give-them-the-cup-and-let's-move-on-team).

Besides, the whole "changing-on-the-fly" thing freaks Americans out.

Comment

Working...
                                X